Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Can't do red on mobile

Still don't really understand that single or double action thing on the gas pistols. Does single action mean the pistol is like a springer - you have to cock it before each shot? And does double mean you can just keep pulling the trigger till you run out of BBs?

Also, how much does a gas pistol cost to run as in how many mags would I get out of 1000ml green gas. (If it helps, the mag is 23 0.2g rounds).

Cheers

Can't do red on mobile

Still don't really understand that single or double action thing on the gas pistols. Does single action mean the pistol is like a springer - you have to cock it before each shot? And does double mean you can just keep pulling the trigger till you run out of BBs?

Double action means when you pull the trigger you both cock and release the hammer (i.e. two 'actions'). Single action means you just release the hammer/striker.

Single action is generally more desirable as it's quicker to shoot and just all round more pleasant as a rule because you don't have to apply much pressure to the trigger. In a single action it's generally the slide moving back that resets the hammer for you instead of you having to do it yourself. E.g. Glock, M9, 1911 - basically any modern pistol can fire in single action. A lot of them will only fire in single action.

Non-blow back pistols are almost always double action as there's no slide resetting the hammer. Blow back are almost always single action. E.g. TM Mk. 23 and most revolvers.

You also have guns that can fire in double or single action like the M9. You can have it uncocked and still pull the trigger back to both pull back and release the hammer (like a double action). As soon as you fire that first BB or bullet, the slide comes back and you're in single action until you run out of ammo.

You can also manually pull the hammer back on most revolvers and then fire it single action, but obviously there's no blow-back system like a slide to reset the hammer so you'll need to do it every shot or go double action. Some revolvers will only do single action and you have to manually pull the hammer back for every shot.

This whole thing really matters more with real steel than it does in airsoft, but for CQB you'd likely want a single action pistol for quicker response and to stop your finger from getting too tired (heh).

Also, how much does a gas pistol cost to run as in how many mags would I get out of 1000ml green gas. (If it helps, the mag is 23 0.2g rounds).

Well, different guns use different amounts (modifications can vary this), and different magazines have different reservoir capacities, what gun is it? What time of year is it?

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/m92f-m9-vertical-heavy-weight-gas-pistol-stti

So with a non blow back pistol on single shot do you have to cock the gun each time you shoot?

And it's summer

No, what you're thinking of is a Spring pistol. Non-blowback just means the slide doesn't come back after every shot. It is still semi-automatic.

Ok, just to clarify, with a non blowback pistol on single action only do I load the gun then just pull the trigger repeatedly until I've emptied the mag, no pulling the slide back or pulling the hammer back between each shot, it's straight from one shot to the next? Or do I have to pull the hammer back between each shot?

Sorry for being stupid I really have 0 experience of this.

• Root Admin

Again though - it's double action. That means a heavy trigger pull. The trigger cocks the hammer and releases it, but unlike single action pistols the slide will not reciprocate to reset the hammer every shot (blow back).

So yes: You do not need to manually cock it every shot, but the trigger will be quite hefty. It's a cheap gun.

On the 'attributes' bit on the product page for that gun it says 'firing mode: single'. I thought that was meaning the gun is single action but does it just mean it shoots one bullet per shot? Are all gas non blow back pistols double action - pulling the hammer back is done by pulling the trigger?

I just don't understand the difference between a spring powered pistol and a gas single action non blowback one. I know there must be a differenc though. Does a gas single action non blowback have to be cocked or something before each shot like the springer?

• Root Admin

I just don't understand the difference between a spring powered pistol and a gas single action non blowback one. I know there must be a differenc though. Does a gas single action non blowback have to be cocked or something before each shot like the springer?

Some do; some don't. You're putting too much faith in a site called 'Taiwan Gun' to know the semantics of the word (i.e. 'single' meaning 'single action' or 'single' meaning 'shoots once ever time you pull the trigger'). Without videos or better videos it's hard to say, but I'd wager it's a double action and the slide doesn't move at all. Non-blow back doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do anything - again, it could be double action with no reciprocating slide.

If you're putting this much thought into it then do yourself a favour and save up to buy a proper pistol.

Anyway, this is incredibly, incredibly boring. Last post from me on this.

• Supporters

gas pistol no worky without gas filled mag

gas blowback or non blowback - they work without having to recock each shot

on Glock's - the G18 has the full auto function the G17 or G19 does not have full auto on WE blowback models

The cheapy m92 or mk23's are semi only but do not need any cocking at all to fire each shot

ya pull trigger - the hammer hits the valve giving a squirt of gas to propel a bb out

the hammer/trigger reset ready to fire another bb - so you can fire all 22-25 bb's one after another with just ya little pinky

no recocking needed at all

gun empty - refill mag with bb's again - should get 2 mags of bb's ( 2 x 22-25 bb's use) from a filling of gas - maybe more on non blowbacks

• Moderators

This topic needs a rating, cock and blow everywhere🙄, thought it was an Airsoft forum!! Hahahaha 😀

Anyway, back to tracers, (how do you get colour on mobile??) with G&G ones, It's been recommended that I get a tight bore barrel as well, has anyone used them with out upgrading barrel??

I havent found nuprol ones yet, work restrictions blocking sites, what are blaster tracers like??. Using them on ICS AEGs with Xcortech 3300w

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

This topic needs a rating, cock and blow everywhere🙄, thought it was an Airsoft forum!! Hahahaha 😀

Anyway, back to tracers, (how do you get colour on mobile??) with G&G ones, It's been recommended that I get a tight bore barrel as well, has anyone used them with out upgrading barrel??

I havent found nuprol ones yet, work restrictions blocking sites, what are blaster tracers like??. Using them on ICS AEGs with Xcortech 3300w

Thanks in advance

Blaster tracers are best.

Who ever said that about a tightbore barrel with g&g tracers doesn't know their arse from their elbow.

• Moderators

Cheers matey, I'll get them as I can order at work, xcor should be here soon if Hermes deliver on time!!!

Cheers matey, I'll get them as I can order at work, xcor should be here soon if Hermes deliver on time!!!

How much did you pay for the 3300w? and where from? thinking I should get one, heard its a perfect tracer too.

are all high cap springs the same? to put into context have broken the spring (the main one which keeps a "charge" of BB's) on my ICS c-mag and I've done a bodge job but would much prefer a reinforced one.

are all high cap springs the same? to put into context have broken the spring (the main one which keeps a "charge" of BB's) on my ICS c-mag and I've done a bodge job but would much prefer a reinforced one.

No. Some brands are notoriously bad. eg elite force mags. But with their springs replaced or extended they work normally.

I don't know where you can get better springs, but I hear MAG are good.

I've been looking this morning for some boots and found Bates Spyder Falcon 8" for £50. Any owners around ? I'm quite wide on my feet and easily develop soft corns between toes. I'm tempted to get a size 10, I usually wear 9, 9,5.

• Supporters

I've been looking this morning for some boots and found Bates Spyder Falcon 8" for £50. Any owners around ? I'm quite wide on my feet and easily develop soft corns between toes. I'm tempted to get a size 10, I usually wear 9, 9,5.

http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/quest-4d-2-gtx.html?article=373259&CMPID=Google_emea_uk_shopping_pla_

Belive me sir, I've been watching those boots for quite a while and the Lowa as well, but at this point I can't just throw 160 at them. I did try them and they feel great but its 160 quid man. You can find for less but still.

As for my experience with MilitaryOps still didn't got an answer from them. I did got an email today asking me if I received the return label or if I sent it to them. But apart from that no way of contacting them. That phone number is useless, nobody picks it up.

Coming back to your choice, I've read somewhere this day some reviews about this boot that after few months of wear it start to leak event from the weet grass.

• Supporters

Coming back to your choice, I've read somewhere this day some reviews about this boot that after few months of wear it start to leak event from the weet grass.

Seriously doubt that moisture from walking in wet grass will find its way in.

Insides are gore-tex so that keeps your feet dry but if you dont apply a waterproofing agent to the outsides every so often then you will eventually get issues.

Most people who post things like that in reviews are idiots who don't know how to look after their kit. Or dont realise that you can end up with wet toes from your own sweaty feet.

Also most of the bad reviews are about the quest 4d not the updated quest 4d 2.

The only place I look for hiking gear reviews is here

http://m.outdoorgearlab.com/Hiking-Boots-Reviews/Salomon-Quest-4D-II-GTX

• Supporters

Which is better for the gearbox/battery/motor etc, firing a 1000 rounds on auto or a 1000 on semi? Would it make any difference?

fired off very quickly 1k full auto generates more heat/friction and the impact or resonance of hitting the cylinder head is worse

lots of semi spamming in short time places stress on mosfet/wiring - well definately mosfet as semi spamming is a test that many fake/clone mosfets just die doing. Over time the trigger stop in gearbox can break but that is over long time sustained semi use and box would have to fairly crap to begin with

brill armoury I think does a 1min 30rps test = 1,800 shots fired in 60 secs to shut some polarstar user up on his vid (dry firing)

but a badly built shimmed box will not like that due to extra stress from poor build - his builds are very finely assembled

but yeah a 1k continuous full auto test is very likely to create more wear/heat than say 1k on semi I would say