Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, George Mettrick said:

Looking to get started in Airsoft, would like to know if there are any good sites/clubs near and around Huddersfield.

https://playairsoft.uk/

Have a look on there, should give you some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Question:

would a very low outdoor temperature affect the performance of a hop rubber?

(like 0 to -1 degree outside )

On an aeg I add 🤔

I believe so. The colder the rubber, the harder it is, the harder it is the less effect it will have on a bb. 

• Moderators
On 15/10/2022 at 13:25, Tackle said:

Dunno, you planning on doing a load out to match  ?

dont have time...!....although i may sweat more:lol:

On 27/07/2022 at 16:16, djben9 said:

Need a new battery charger, one that can charge more than 1 at a time 

Any recommendations, there was one people said was good, can’t access site on work laptop so can’t search easily for it

I’ve been using a kong charger via balance leads from Firesupport since 2015 so feel it’s time to upgrade now 👍

finally logged in on laptop....so in red...😁

Need a new battery charger, one that can charge more than 1 at a time ....Any recommendations??

On 19/12/2022 at 21:34, djben9 said:

Need a new battery charger, one that can charge more than 1 at a time ....Any recommendations??

I'm presuming for LiPo, if so then your best source is going to be (reputable) RC shops, i.e. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/electric/chargers/dual-output/quad-output/built-in-balancer?

Any idea where can I find a barrel nut tool for my 308?

Just for context, I'm changing the dust cover and I need to remove the barrel nut to take the pin out that cover pivots on. It's got raised lugs on it so I could get a set of grips on it but having the correct tool's a better idea.

12 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Just for context, I'm changing the dust cover and I need to remove the barrel nut to take the pin out that cover pivots on. It's got raised lugs on it so I could get a set of grips on it but having the correct tool's a better idea.

308 is not really helpful what manufacturer made the gun? It maybe proprietary.

5 minutes ago, BigStew said:

what manufacturer made the gun? It maybe proprietary.

oops, missed off the important bit it's for my G&G 308.

Looks like @concretesnail has had this very issue before - how did you solve it?

Edited by Madhouse

9 hours ago, Madhouse said:

@MadhouseI ended up using a pin spanner. That way I could spin the nut that's recessed inside the collar that holds the rail. 

Edited by concretesnail

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever tried one of those US Freight forwarders that give you a US shipping address to get orders forwarded to the UK from?

I order a lot stuff from the States and the extortionate shipping is starting to take a toll.  I was wondering if there's any saving on shipping costs?

On 02/12/2022 at 13:57, George Mettrick said:

Looking to get started in Airsoft, would like to know if there are any good sites/clubs near and around Huddersfield.

There's Halo Mill. That's only an indoor field though I think. Otherwise you need to go further afield for outdoor sites.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to zero my sights, but the best I can do at home and indoors is 5m to target, is there some kind of calculator to work out how far below the target I need to be in order to be zero'd in for say 20m?

21 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

I want to zero my sights, but the best I can do at home and indoors is 5m to target, is there some kind of calculator to work out how far below the target I need to be in order to be zero'd in for say 20m?

Hmmm, I think I did see a video about this on YT quite recently, but I'd also have to say it feels a bit moot.  BB's don't travel in quite the same trajectory as real bullets, because of the hop.  They tend to fly 'flat-flat-flat-up-(and then straight down)' or 'flat-flat-flat-down'.  So really the calculation only makes sense if you have no hop applied, and are using a pure ballistic trajectory.  At 'proper' range (ie. at 30, 40, 50m out) the hop applied makes all the difference to how the BB behaves and the point of impact, and you'll be tuning that in the field.

I sight my guns in my garden at 15m, and it's all about the windage rather than elevation - making sure the barrel and sights are in line!
All the real work with tuning hop and sights can only be done once I can shoot out to 40m

Edit: found a blog page and the video... 
https://reconbrothers.com/training/zeroing-your-optic

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Thanks @RostokMcSpoons that’s just the thing I was looking for.

Got the windage sorted but it’s the elevation that had me wondering. Was about to get my calculator and put the Pythagoras I learned back in GCSE maths to use, but that website will save me the embarrassment.

• Supporters
On 16/01/2023 at 12:32, AirsoftTed said:

Anyone ever tried one of those US Freight forwarders that give you a US shipping address to get orders forwarded to the UK from?

I order a lot stuff from the States and the extortionate shipping is starting to take a toll.  I was wondering if there's any saving on shipping costs?

I have done, bear in mind that you'll be paying their shipping rates on top of the sellers domestic rates, plus import duty etc. Sometimes it's cheaper but I usually only do it if there's something I want and the seller won't ship to the UK (nothing ITAR restricted though, you still won't get that out).

Probably a long shot.

Does it exist a m-lok handguard that fits on TM/JG MC51? 

Edited by Cocha

Need to buy a QD sling 'thingy' to fit into the socket on my Double Eagle M906C.

As I'll either use a single point sling, or both ends of a 2-point attached to the same swivel, the whole weight of the gun is going to hang off this one QD connector.  So it better be a good 'un!   Any recommendations?

(Good ol' Ant Supplies have this one, but at a fiver it feels it might be less reliable than the very best.  I'd pick the triangular one, probably)
https://www.ant-supplies.uk/gun-sling-fittings/sliding-stock-sling-fittings.html

On 03/02/2023 at 15:43, Cocha said:

Probably a long shot.

Does it exist a m-lok handguard that fits on TM/JG MC51? 

Hey, see build at Dave's: https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/DCA-LCT-MC51-G3-Shorty-Custom

I'm not super familiar with this model but it looks like its possible.
Your search term is "M-LOK MP5 Handguard".

Midwest Industries make M-LOK rails for MP5-type rifles: https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-hk-mp5-mp5k-handguard-m-lok-tm-compatible/

CYMA repro (out of stock): https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/cyma-midwest-style-m-lok-rail-for-mp5-aeg-black

CYMA repro (in stock at TaiwanGun): https://www.taiwangun.com/ris-keymod-mlok-handguard/mp5-mlock-handguard-cyma

Hope this helps. Do some more research into whats required - maybe even contact Dave and ask about the build process - before buying the handguard!

• 4 weeks later...

2 questions if that's OK... I bought a 2nd hand g&g g96 (gas L96 sniper rifle) and its shooting low fps (360fps green gas, 0.2g bb). Does it have an npas or similar? Google fails to say yes/no on this but there not much info on this rifle. 

2nd question, it came with this part in the box, what is this part? I've found a parts diagram but I can see this bit in it. 

IMG_20230305_090702.thumb.jpg.008fc63b6a3e7dc8cb623625f18775c5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but does anyone know of any physical shops that carry a decent stock of combat trousers from the likes of 5.11/ helikon tex?

All the fancy pictures online never actually do the fit justice and I like to try them on beforehand to make sure they fit and look right/ presentable enough for work.

9 minutes ago, AJWest said:

Dunno if this is the right place for this, but does anyone know of any physical shops that carry a decent stock of combat trousers from the likes of 5.11/ helikon tex?

All the fancy pictures online never actually do the fit justice and I like to try them on beforehand to make sure they fit and look right/ presentable enough for work.

I did but the place went under during covid. I've found that military 1st have a good/reliable returns system when it comes to sizing changes.