Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Hey all, does anyone know if the outer barrel assembly between the VFC HK 416  D (v2) and A5 AEGs are interchangeable, basically where the outer barrel meets the upper receiver?  They look very similar on the parts diagrams, i've messaged VFC a while back and still no response!

Essentially, i'm turning my 10.5 inch A5 into a 14.5 inch, using the extended Geissele rail, you can buy the 14.5 inch extended outer barrel and gas garts for the 416 D, so want to use those (they have some nice HK trades on them) and a similar extension piece doesn't exist for the A5 variant as far as i can tell to turn it into a 14.5.

Thanks for any insight.

Edited by witchcraft58a

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the Geissele mk16 SMR handguard? 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Skara said:

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the Geissele mk16 SMR handguard? 

1.26"

https://geissele.com/13-5-super-modular-rail-mk16-m-lokr-ddc.html#:~:text=The Geissele Super Modular Rail,maintain%2C but offers superior rigidity.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks Jim, but I mistakenly left out the important part.

I know the ARs are ceratkoted. Is the AKM gbb also cerakoted?

no , I don’t believe it is :) 

Hi Everyone, just a quick question,  I'm new to airsoft so getting a idea of the ammo I will need! How many BBs does everyone go through a month in general and what quantity of bbs do you buy and how often!?

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

Really depends on your style of play. When I had a support gun 4500 a game day. Just using an aeg 800 to 1200 rounds a game day I used .28g BBs. Avoid blasters, neuprol bbs.

30 minutes ago, hjp said:

Hi Everyone, just a quick question,  I'm new to airsoft so getting a idea of the ammo I will need! How many BBs does everyone go through a month in general and what quantity of bbs do you buy and how often!?

this will obviously depend on how often people play etc.. but im just looking for a rough idea.

On a game day I get through 1500-2000 normally (with some single-shot games in the mix), but I'm sure I've gone as high as 3000, so I usually ensure I have a couple of kilos of BBs knocking around (or buy some extras at lunchtime)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

34 minutes ago, hjp said:

I usually go for tubes of 3000 ish and will take a pair to a game day, though I've rarely used a full tube, but it depends on your style of play and mag capacity. Mid caps and semi auto will go through a lot less than a spray and pray hicap hero.

As for the purchase of I tend to grab a bottle or two when ordering other thing else or grab a load to make postage less of an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an advantage to the ZCI hop housing unit over a stock unit, and what 'degree' is the clear blue hop rubber that comes with it?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Floperator said:

Is there an advantage to the ZCI hop housing unit over a stock unit, and what 'degree' is the clear blue hop rubber that comes with it?

IF (big IF - see what I did there?) the original hop is rubbish (not consistent, wonky shots etc etc) then yes, there is an advantage to using the ZCI hop unit. If the original works well and shoots straight then no, there isn't. No idea on the rubber as they usually go straight in the spares bin and I fit Maple Leaf or Prometheus rubbers instead.

Standard green gas is fine, red in winter. All modern TM pistols have metal inserts in the polymer at the key stress points. Hell my hi-cappa's all run on black gas, no issues

1 hour ago, Floperator said:

TM FNX owners - can you really not use standard green gas in these or is this just arse-covering on TMs part?

I’ve used green, red in the middle of summer with zero issues, even black is ok as it gets cooler, but the TM FNX is a special case.

15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve used green, red in the middle of summer with zero issues, even black is ok as it gets cooler, but the TM FNX is a special case.

Special in what sense? I've run TM hi-capas on green red and black gas, but this is the first time I've see it said that green gas is too powerful for a pistol.

1 hour ago, Floperator said:

Special in what sense? I've run TM hi-capas on green red and black gas, but this is the first time I've see it said that green gas is too powerful for a pistol.

Every standard TM pistol I’ve ever seen used in the summer on red or stronger has broken the slide, with the exception of the FNX

4 hours ago, Floperator said:

TM FNX owners - can you really not use standard green gas in these or is this just arse-covering on TMs part?

Along with the potential for breaking, propane (green gas, power gas etc.) has less compressibility than 134/144 gas. Meaning that you can't fill as much volume in the mag. Not sure how much this translates to number of shots fired but the difference is tangible in my experience.

If you really do want to use stronger gasses what I do is mix them. Fill about 70% with 144a and "top it off" with green gas. You get the benefit of FPS and kick from heavier gasses and 144's compressibility for volume.

That being said I only use power gases on metal guns

Probably a silly question, but here goes. Will the WE Glock 19 take tm mags without modification? 

5 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Probably a silly question, but here goes. Will the WE Glock 19 take tm mags without modification? 

Yes, put they’ll be pants.

The gas router is curved on the TM’s and flat on the WE, so they don’t fit the nozzle efficiently, and I’ve never found that they give enough of a kick, I think the TM outlet valves dot let out as much gas as the WE’s

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, put they’ll be pants.

Then has router is curved on the TM’s and flat on the WE, so they don’t fit the nozzle efficiently, and I’ve never found that they give enough of a kick, I think the TM outlet valves dot let out as much gas as the WE’s

Thanks, Google was giving me mixed answers

Has anyone noticed that selling rif's getting more difficult recently? It almost feels like everyone is skint which is understandable right now obviously prices are skyrocketing but airsoft has never been the poor man's sport to start with. I have got dreamers usually not people who has money.