Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

54 minutes ago, Thedadoodle said:

I dont suppose you would be able to link me one, when you get time please

Sorry, I’ve never needed one so never looked, just seen them about

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Honestly not seen one of those for sale in years new or second hand. pretty sure VFC made one.

Ahh cheers mate, gonna send out a few messages and see if anything comes up

Why are there so many second hand airsoft guns on sale on a multitude of forums and sites with asking prices close to new prices or probably no less than 10% and in some cases higher than new guns? In most cases they have barely any accessories included and when adding the postage might as well buy new for the marginal extra cost and enjoy the warranty. Is it driven by demand or sellers with unrealistic expectations?

• Supporters

The latter, & on here they usually get called out on it, the exceptional ones get "honoured" with a mention on "Macks" 😏

2 hours ago, emit said:

Why are there so many second hand airsoft guns on sale on a multitude of forums and sites with asking prices close to new prices or probably no less than 10% and in some cases higher than new guns? In most cases they have barely any accessories included and when adding the postage might as well buy new for the marginal extra cost and enjoy the warranty. Is it driven by demand or sellers with unrealistic expectations?

What @Tackle said, you get them in every walk of life.

They just don’t get it  OR, airsoft specific, they’re willing to sell to anyone, with or without a legal defence

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 19/11/2021 at 13:23, Thedadoodle said:

I dont suppose you would be able to link me one, when you get time please

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/dummy-grenade-green-gas-holder/

This is the sort of thing you'll want - OOS on this site but you might be able to find one if you search around

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

8 hours ago, Tackle said:

The latter, & on here they usually get called out on it, the exceptional ones get "honoured" with a mention on "Macks" 😏

An example stock used JG bar £130 plus postage doesn't include the case. New in the UK can be had for £130 or approx £70 from Taiwangun once they start selling to UK agai.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, emit said:

An example stock used JG bar £130 plus postage doesn't include the case. New in the UK can be had for £130 or approx £70 from Taiwangun once they start selling to UK agai.

Yeah, that guys put loads up for sale this week, was in the mood for something new but not at his prices😏

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Purchased a Cyma CM 040S this week - the stock latch that holds the stock in place when folded doesn't work anymore after a couple of times. The spring's fallen out of position I think so it's not pushed into the forward position, so the stock isn't held in place.

Is this something I could easily resolve myself?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Purchased a Cyma CM 040S this week - the stock latch that holds the stock in place when folded doesn't work anymore after a couple of times. The spring's fallen out of position I think so it's not pushed into the forward position, so the stock isn't held in place.

Is this something I could easily resolve myself?

If it's that new, take/send it back. Getting a replacement latch will be hard if not impossible unless you can find a boneyard one to strip (I am - as ever - happy to be proven wrong of course).

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If it's that new, take/send it back. Getting a replacement latch will be hard if not impossible unless you can find a boneyard one to strip (I am - as ever - happy to be proven wrong of course).

Yeah, I did consider that but honestly I don't think it'll bother me too much! Feels like there'd be more hassle in sending it back, but I'll have another think and see.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Can you reposition the spring or fit a new one and glue one end in place?

I'll give that a try! Ta.

I bought the RIF to be an absolute, last resort, backup tank - something I can use in a pinch if my other RIFs go down at a game day. A RIF that I'll ideally never touch, upgrade, and so on. So I'm not too fussed if doesn't work, I'll probably never fold the stock anyway.

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I'll give that a try! Ta.

I bought the RIF to be an absolute, last resort, backup tank - something I can use in a pinch if my other RIFs go down at a game day. A RIF that I'll ideally never touch, upgrade, and so on. So I'm not too fussed if doesn't work, I'll probably never fold the stock anyway.

Ye, fair enough

Hey all, I'm an old hand returning to the sport after 7/8 years off. I've checked out a few 'what's new' threads but my main concern is the state of my AEGs after so long on the shelf. They've been boxed and dry, just not necessarily warm, for the last 7 years, externally they all look pretty good and still cycle nicely. However, should I consider the Hop rubbers and batteries (all at least 10 years old) as knackered and just replace the lot? 

Also, is dropping in a Maple Leaf rubber really as miraculous as the feedback would have me believe? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome back🙂

Yeah I would say goodbye to all your old batteries and get some new ones.

Same with the rubber ware really.

I would just dust em off clean barrels and do a bit of lubing and checking operation of switches and buttons.

Can't say from experience but maple leaf get a lot of shout outs.

Good luck with it all and enjoy your return 😀

Regards 

3 hours ago, StrangelyOrange said:

Hey all, I'm an old hand returning to the sport after 7/8 years off. I've checked out a few 'what's new' threads but my main concern is the state of my AEGs after so long on the shelf. They've been boxed and dry, just not necessarily warm, for the last 7 years, externally they all look pretty good and still cycle nicely. However, should I consider the Hop rubbers and batteries (all at least 10 years old) as knackered and just replace the lot? 

Also, is dropping in a Maple Leaf rubber really as miraculous as the feedback would have me believe? 

Thanks in advance.

Having been in almost exactly the same position a few months ago as Shamal says yep bin em it will be more enjoyable with something newer and more reliable. 

A quick strip, clean and oil/lube in the right places was the key for mine were ready to go depite still running some old ass NiMH batteries FPS was pretty stable for all of them

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I was always incredibly lucky with my AEGs being quite low maintenance, never had much cause to crack them open and lube them up. I've got some silicone spray but should I be looking at getting some grease on the gears as well? I'm suddenly aware of how much I've forgotten in the intervening years...

New Li-Po bats will need a new charger but will give you more power in a smaller/lighter package than NiMh.

If the old hops are still hoppin then may as well keep using em until they don't.

Silicone spray may be good to clear out some gunk from the box but it will strip off any grease so not a good long term thing.

Maybe open up your least favourite/cheapest to get reacquainted with the internals and you'll see the state of anything that needs replacing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I’m looking to get into airsoft by Christmas but I’m really not sure what weapons/s to get

i have a budget of 100£ for and aeg and 50£ for a side arm if required as well as 50£ for gear 

please could you give me some suggestions I would much appreciate it

thanks 

1 hour ago, JoshBB17 said:

Hi I’m looking to get into airsoft by Christmas but I’m really not sure what weapons/s to get

i have a budget of 100£ for and aeg and 50£ for a side arm if required as well as 50£ for gear 

thanks 

To get anything worthwhile you really need to double your budget at least. Otherwise trying to find used two tone will be tricky.

personally, I’d go for spending your cash on an AEG and don’t bother about a sidearm for now

2 hours ago, JoshBB17 said:

thanks 

I would also recommend you put that £150 into an aeg. Two tone will add about £10, it might be worth just renting from a site for three games until you have a ukara. Otherwise, have a look at the specna arms CORE range, they have some decent guns at that price point, and a couple of hi-cap mags.

For gear, get yourself some good, properly rated eye protection, EN166B (B is the minimum), ANSI Z87.1 or Z87+, or MIL-PRF-32432 ballistic rated. I use Valken tangos (£25) with a thermal lens (+£10), a bit bulky but excellent against fogging. If you also get yourself some revision anti-fog wipes (about £12 for 3, they last multiple wipes and you only need to wipe twice per day), You just won't fog, they are actual magic.

I'd also recommend some lower face protection, the One Tigris half mesh masks are excellent, as well as some boots with good ankle support, especially if you're playing at a woodland site. For mag carrying, just use a hoodie and pockets if you're on a tight budget. If you have another £30 to spare, a Kombat trojan chest rig will cover your every need for now, there's also many other chest rigs about for a similar price, I can only recommend what I've used. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

8 hours ago, JoshBB17 said:

thanks 

From personal experience you can absolutely get a good bulletproof gun in two tone for under £100 but delivery might be tight before Christmas. 

My first aeg and my local airsoft site's rental guns(select the two tone service):

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-weapons/assault-rifles-aeg/cm028b-tactical-assault-rifle-replica?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Might take over two weeks with delivery.

Or my second AEG also awesome just slightly more expensive:

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/cyma-cm-011-g36c-aeg-black

You don't need an aeg that costs over £150 for reliable and accurate pewpew fun.

I wouldn't get a pistol. I never use mine and I very rarely see any more than a couple of people at any event use one in a game briefly. 

Edited by emit

Thanks to all who replied and I will have a good look at all the guns you suggested. Annoyingly I’m to young for my kuala so will have to get 2 tone for now. Also eye pro wise my dads mate gave me a set of revision sawfly glasses will they do for airsoft?

18 minutes ago, JoshBB17 said:

Thanks to all who replied and I will have a good look at all the guns you suggested. Annoyingly I’m to young for my kuala so will have to get 2 tone for now. Also eye pro wise my dads mate gave me a set of revision sawfly glasses will they do for airsoft?

They certainly will be fine for airsoft. Good eye pro 👍

Regards