Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

When spraying and aeg should i remove the gearbox, inner barrel and hop first or will taping over the tip of the barrel, trigger, trigger cutout and fake bolt be enough?

Edited by Mad-Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm not getting alerts for threads I'm following, tried a few things but nothing is working thanks for any help! :)

EDIT if admin can read this can you  please delete thank you i got the colour wrong!

So embarrassing i can hardly see what I'm typing

Edited by Sema Dragun
OMG THAT COLOUR

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Georgeballer2020 said:

Best place to post about being sold a broken gun? Also I can't change the writing to red so if a admin sees this please change it 

Sorry to hear.

Was it on this forum?

Have you tried contacting to return?

Make a PayPal claim.

Leave feedback on their profile page. (See Feedback tab)

Change font colour by selecting text then click ok A icon above.

Edited by EDcase

On 22/04/2021 at 23:04, Mad-Al said:

When spraying and aeg should i remove the gearbox, inner barrel and hop first or will taping over the tip of the barrel, trigger, trigger cutout and fake bolt be enough?

You should remove those parts, and will get the best results that way

You can get away with masking specific areas, but it can quickly go horribly wrong if the tape lets some get in at the edge or you miss a hole or slot somewhere 

Edited by Tommikka
Can’t select colours

• 2 weeks later...

Q: Can anyone recommend a set of long reach allen key sets? I've had a brief look and while I've seen some which maybe suitable, I'd certainly appreciate a recommendation.

Anyone here know the RPM on a stock TM m14 motor?

Edited by Impulse

Best batteries for an NGRS? I heard that it's 8.4v Nimh. This correct?

FYI I am not going to change/mod any internals on it. I am going to run it bone stock and just want to run it as TM intended.

35 minutes ago, cropzy said:

Best batteries for an NGRS? I heard that it's 8.4v Nimh. This correct?

FYI I am not going to change/mod any internals on it. I am going to run it bone stock and just want to run it as TM intended.

a 7.4 lipo works well in all my NGRS's. I should mention try to go for 25C or 30C if you can find them.

Edited by mightyjebus

On 23/05/2021 at 17:38, FreeFrag.UK said:

Q: Can anyone recommend a set of long reach allen key sets? I've had a brief look and while I've seen some which maybe suitable, I'd certainly appreciate a recommendation.

I use wera tools for quite a few of my hand tools. So far they have been great and they have a diverse range so you should be able to find what you want.

Edited by concretesnail

• Supporters
On 23/05/2021 at 17:38, FreeFrag.UK said:

Depends how long reach but Teng do some good ones

Hi, 

Did anyone purchase two-tone gun from gunfire.pl?

If I purchased 2 tone guns from gunfire, whether i need to provide some documents in advance or just paid the money and left the comment to gunfire?  (i am above 18 but do not have UKARA

Or anything else need to pay attention when i buy guns from gunfire.pl (like shitty UPS?)

Thak you very much!

Edited by BXZ

2 hours ago, chilidish said:

When ordering from Asian stores such as, https://www.proactstore.com/, to the UK, do you pay VAT and customs fees when the shipment arrives in the UK? 

Legally yes if it's over a certain value. In reality hit and miss whether you will get charged. But budget for those fees you will generally be invoiced by the carrier when your item clears customs.

23 hours ago, BigStew said:

Legally yes if it's over a certain value. In reality hit and miss whether you will get charged. But budget for those fees you will generally be invoiced by the carrier when your item clears customs.

Do you know how the fees are calculated? I'm spending around 300 GBP on proact and just wondering how much to put aside for the import/customs fees.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, chilidish said:

Do you know how the fees are calculated? I'm spending around 300 GBP on proact and just wondering how much to put aside for the import/customs fees.

Fill your boots.https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

Tri lug suppressor for MP5?  Anywhere in UK, or have to look abroad? 

• Moderators

Anyone fitted one of these mounts to an MP5?

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/mp5-g3-airsoft-rifle-low-profile-scope-mount/

wondered how good they were

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/mp5-g3-airsoft-rifle-low-profile-scope-mount/

As a rail style they are good but you really need to match manufacture to manufacture for best fit. All the MP5 receivers are slightly different for each make.  

• Supporters
3 hours ago, djben9 said:

I picked up a ‘who knows who made it’ one off Fleabay for my JG SD MP5 and it fitted fine .

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I picked up a ‘who knows who made it’ one off Fleabay for my JG SD MP5 and it fitted fine .

20 hours ago, BigStew said:

As a rail style they are good but you really need to match manufacture to manufacture for best fit. All the MP5 receivers are slightly different for each make.  

Thanks guys, its for the New ICS CES MP5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my local store sells ARES RIFs, they look ok and seem to have lots of features but I don't know them as a brand - are they any good?

(not adverse to upgrading stuff but I'd like that to be in 12 months rather than the day I buy it!)