Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Guys, 

Any body got the width & depth dimensions of the metal bodies of WE M9 & Hi-Capa mags?

Ta in advance

rdb

Best I can see is 20mm wide by 30mm deep.

👍🎅

Regards 

• Moderators

anyone know of any other torches with similar if not identical end caps to the old Surefire 6P?

looking for one for my MP5 handguard (still need the MP5 :lol:!!) to use as my 6P is not LED so looks dull!

The ICS handguard, the old 6P screws in, i tried a G2X and it didn't like the thread......

54 minutes ago, djben9 said:

anyone know of any other torches with similar if not identical end caps to the old Surefire 6P?

looking for one for my MP5 handguard (still need the MP5 :lol:!!) to use as my 6P is not LED so looks dull!

The ICS handguard, the old 6P screws in, i tried a G2X and it didn't like the thread......

cant you put an LED bulb in it?

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

cant you put an LED bulb in it?

Yeh, I said the same thing on his status update.

A cheap T6 single-mode drop-in can be had for £6-7 quid off eBay. Problem is the current shipping situation from China.

• Moderators

I tried two j ordered via chine and ebay, one the spring had fallen off and the other seemed to warm the batteries up!

if you have any recommendations I’ll try them. I will look on there again, this was about this time last year 

3 minutes ago, djben9 said:

I tried two j ordered via chine and ebay, one the spring had fallen off and the other seemed to warm the batteries up!

if you have any recommendations I’ll try them. I will look on there again, this was about this time last year 

I bought some decent LED’s for mag lights on Amazon, UK next day, might work?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with an account on AR15.com?

I signed up yesterday, trying to do due diligence on a Reddit seller, who I’m communicating with via email.

He claims to be not getting my messages through AR15.com  so wondered if I can send someone else amessage

cheers in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick way to fix a wobbly barrel? 

Just had a second hand RIF delivered and there is some up/down play in the barrel. The hand guard is solid. 

Is this a major issue? Something I should get on to the seller about? (It wasn’t mentioned in the item description). 

3 minutes ago, DRay said:

Quick way to fix a wobbly barrel? 

Just had a second hand RIF delivered and there is some up/down play in the barrel. The hand guard is solid. 

Is this a major issue? Something I should get on to the seller about? (It wasn’t mentioned in the item description). 

get some barrel nut washers, the nut is most likely bottoming out on the threads without even touching the barrel.

7 minutes ago, DRay said:

A trip to AK2M4 it is then! 

Before doing it, take the gun apart to check for more shady shit the seller "forgot" to tell you.

Mods please delete post

Edited by solitaire360

• 2 weeks later...

One of the tabs that the motor connector attach to looks to have broken off, to confirm my own thoughts should it be simple enough to cut another one out of Alu sheet and solder this in place? It's a perfectly good motor otherwise. 

IMG_20210328_221744.jpg

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Airsoft_Mr B said:

One of the tabs that the motor connector attach to looks to have broken off, to confirm my own thoughts should it be simple enough to cut another one out of Alu sheet and solder this in place? It's a perfectly good motor otherwise. 

IMG_20210328_221744.jpg

3 hours ago, Hudson said:

You can always get a small ring connector for the wire and use the little screw to secure it that way. 

Aluminium isn't great as a conductor and isn't going to stand up to much mechanical abuse in that application. Better to get a ring crimp like @Hudson suggested.

Opinions on specna arms?

Looking to buy a cheapo RIF as a backup incase my main decides to break on a game day.

Looking at this https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-c10-core-stubby-cqb-carbine?pv=7952, can't really find many review on it that are in English. I just want to know if its pot metal and if the performance/quality is comparable to a combat machine

• Supporters
12 hours ago, cropzy said:

Opinions on specna arms?

Looking to buy a cheapo RIF as a backup incase my main decides to break on a game day.

Looking at this https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-c10-core-stubby-cqb-carbine?pv=7952, can't really find many review on it that are in English. I just want to know if its pot metal and if the performance/quality is comparable to a combat machine

Core are plastic not metal, but yes, comparable to a combat machine if not slightly better being a bit newer.

12 hours ago, cropzy said:

Opinions on specna arms?

Better than G&G imo.

Gearboxes are easier to work with and they come with decent barrels and hop units out of the box.

Plus they are cheaper than G&Gs while still providing steel bushings and a nice SHS piston.

Edited by Skara

• Moderators

Have been looking at the sub £1000 versions of Night vision optics as not for airsoft...!, curious to know how good they are

made by yukon and pulsar etc.

Most places are OOS so not to worried as can wait for re-stock etc.

are they ok if out in a dark place walking the dog :lol:

might consider for a night game but yet to be allowed out!!

On 13/03/2021 at 16:04, witchcraft58a said:

Does anyone know the retaining screw sizes for the TM Glock 17 Gen 3 front trigger chassis and rear hammer chassis?

Cheers.

Both are a coarse self tapping thread for plastic (different to wood self tapping screws). The trigger chassis is a 3mm x 8mm countersunk screw. The hammer chassis screw is a 2.6mm x 5mm button head screw.

1048550158_G17screws.jpg.f65e704d546e9ed1b85658e945881540.jpg

James

Hi guys, new to airsoft, recently bought Double eagle M904G and I want to improve the range. I guess I should change rubber and tensioner. Are all AEG rubbers and tensionirs compatible for this replica? I thought to go with maple leaf super macaron 70°

Do you recommend something else and also which tensioner would be good. Maybe maple leaf omega? 

Note: I am not from UK. 

Edited by Pivic