Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Guest PT247

also, has he tried switching to full auto, it may be stuck in semi on the anti reverse latch, Krytac used to have an issue where semi would lock up

Anyone still having problems viewing the photos in the classified section? I can see the thumbnails but when I click on the thread, nothing?

Qwick qwestion.

I'm thinking of ditching all the Tamyia connectors I have, the obvious choice would be to replace them with Deans or T Plugs (as they're called).

I've also read some people using XT-60s.

Which one would be better and why?

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Skara said:

Qwick qwestion.

I'm thinking of ditching all the Tamyia connectors I have, the obvious choice would be to replace them with Deans or T Plugs (as they're called).

I've also read some people using XT-60s.

Which one would be better and why?

XT60's are arguably better connectors, Deans are fine IF you get proper ones not the cheap copies. XT60's are easier to solder and cheaper to buy though.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

XT60's are arguably better connectors, Deans are fine IF you get proper ones not the cheap copies. XT60's are easier to solder and cheaper to buy though.

Could you please elaborate a bit more?

I will buy 30x connectors of whatever type anyway, so I should be set for at least 3 lives.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Skara said:

Could you please elaborate a bit more?

I will buy 30x connectors of whatever type anyway, so I should be set for at least 3 lives.

Electrically the Deans are marginally lower resistance and physically smaller than XT60s but the XT60s do have a more positive locking action. XT60's are easier to solder as they have proper round pins with solder cups and are easier to not overheat which can bugger up the pin alignment.

In terms of genuine vs copy Deans, the contact quality is much better on the legit ones and they're really not that much more expensive. Add to that the fact that it's highly likely that nobody else on your site will be using XT60's meaning that you won't be able to borrow a battery (unless you have adaptors) and the Deans are potentially the better bet.

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Electrically the Deans are marginally lower resistance and physically smaller than XT60s but the XT60s do have a more positive locking action. XT60's are easier to solder as they have proper round pins with solder cups and are easier to not overheat which can bugger up the pin alignment.

In terms of genuine vs copy Deans, the contact quality is much better on the legit ones and they're really not that much more expensive. Add to that the fact that it's highly likely that nobody else on your site will be using XT60's meaning that you won't be able to borrow a battery (unless you have adaptors) and the Deans are potentially the better bet.

I honestly don't care about borrowing batteries from teammates, I always have 3 (one in the gun, 2 spares) on me and I'll be making adapters. Everyone runs Tamyia here, so even with Deans I'd need an adapter.

Is the Deans "marginally" lower resistance noticeable?

Just found this, it seems that the XT-60s have less resistance than Deans.

Doesn't seem like a fair comparison as the XT60 is bigger than Deans so more contact area.

To me the more important reason to use Deans is their performance vs size.

For that reason I might consider the XT30 as an alternative to Deans but I'll have to look for a comparison between them.

Deans are rated to 60 amps and airsoft guns don't use anywhere near that

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

Just found this, it seems that the XT-60s have less resistance than Deans.

The difference is so small it can easily come down to how well they've been soldered on. Which is always an issue with soldered connections to be honest, it's why any industry that relies on good, reliable electrical connections has moved away from it!

Went for XT-60s in the end. If they turn out to be crap I'll switch to Deans (and use them connectors for something else) :)

Thanks @Lozart and @EDcase for your insight  :)

QUESTION 1: 

do these mags https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/we-airsoft-co2-magazine-for-m1911-6m-bbs-softair-black-14794-p.asp 

The shop I bought it from said it could take C02 mags but I’m doubtful and every co2 mag they sell that 1911 they’ve since said incompatible. Asked Bullseye about this mag but because they don’t sell that pistol they aren’t sure. 

fit in this pistol?: (See pic) it’s a WE Desert warrior 4.3 Tan. MEU series. 

QUESTION 2: Does the LMT M203 SHORT https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/airsoft-lmt-m203-grenade-launcher-short-barrel-5249-p.asp

Fit and work with Tag launcher shells such as: https://www.airsoftworld.net/tag-innovation-launcher-multi-range-shell-launcher-single.html. Does it also work with the non-HPA version (Green gas version)? 

cheers

52D6CBE5-86FB-4B78-A39C-249B2440D396.jpeg

Guest PT247

shorter the launcher the better with TAG rounds, ideally no longer than the shells themselves!

• 2 weeks later...

@albert12 - I'd strongly advise making sure you read content properly before replying. The barrel question is in reference to the TAG 40mm grenades, not a normal airsoft gun.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Hi

QUESTION - Where’s a good place to get bulk mixed pyro?? Can’t find anywhere Uk based other than https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/battle-box-woodland-small-box and they are all sold out 

thanks 

Enola Gaye

https://store.enolagaye.com/?utm_source=egcom&utm_campaign=header

(Heads up - I have a sponsorship relationship with Enola Gaye, so I could be biased)

‘Bulk’ means different things to different people.  Call them to discuss if you think your bulk Is big enough 

9 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Enola Gaye

https://store.enolagaye.com/?utm_source=egcom&utm_campaign=header

(Heads up - I have a sponsorship relationship with Enola Gaye, so I could be biased)

‘Bulk’ means different things to different people.  Call them to discuss if you think your bulk Is big enough 

Saw and immediately thought EG but website is so annoying to navigate! 
Can’t even see if they do thunders and bb ‘nades!? 

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Saw and immediately thought EG but website is so annoying to navigate! 
Can’t even see if they do thunders and bb ‘nades!? 

They don't list them but they definitely make them. Chances are they're only available to trade customers though. Try calling them, the number's at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively you could try www.socomtactical.net

20 hours ago, Lozart said:

They don't list them but they definitely make them. Chances are they're only available to trade customers though. Try calling them, the number's at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively you could try www.socomtactical.net

Thanks 🙅🏻‍♂️

QUESTION - 

anyone used the tech services at bombupairsoft?? Problems or recommendation? 

https://bombupairsoft.co.uk/products/airsoft-weapon-service

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jammanic said:

Anyone identify the in this pic?

(From the uf pro store)

category-combat-shirts2.jpg.81ae32f0c45c1406e6c0ed7596391689.jpg

THE what ?