Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Moderators

i remember asking this before, but with new members, it might be a different outcome now....

if you were going to buy some CR123 type batteries in bulk, what brand would you go for?, (not Surefire, as are expensive but i know will probably last longer.....)

any of these any good?

https://www.buyabattery.co.uk/10-x-panasonic-cr123a-lithium-batteries-3v-cr123.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlsfo4uSK5gIVx7YYCh2eigYDEAQYASABEgL4c_D_BwE

https://www.batterystation.co.uk/search.php?search_query=123&section=product

bit wary tbh as have used surefire before as well As Niton999 brand....but not going to be used heavily anyway just for a few torches i have at home / car that could do with being used really :lol:

• Moderators

Any one used or have an ICS Mx5?. Do you know what other branded mid caps would work ok....?

also above if you missed it!! ^^^

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick question, yet again sorry in advance for not posting in red but I just can't do it on the phone.

I am having some misfeeds with the ARP.

It's not a mag problem, as I get them with the Drum, the standard crappy high cap and CA X9 midcaps.

Every now and then one bb gets "peed" out. In some rare cases it appears the gun completely skips a bb (but chambers it on the very next cycle).

I have replaced the broken stock nozzle with an identical one. I have also swapped the crappy G&G blue rubber with a prommy blue (swapping nubs too obviously).

I am going to swap rubber to a G&G green one (with the internals sanded because I want to retain the flat hop setup).

Could it be that the nozzle and the Prometheus rubber lips aren't compatible? Could it be a nozzle that is too long?

18 hours ago, PT247 said:

Sounds like a hop issue.

I'll swap rubbers then, and hopefully test it on Saturday.

On 09/12/2019 at 21:39, PT247 said:

Sounds like a hop issue.

Sorry for double quoting you.

I have just ran a quick test during lunch break.

Semi & full auto with a 7.4v LiPo.

Misfires happen with both the 300rnd stick high cap and the CA X9 midcaps.

With the latter I have to literally move the magazine back and forth to make it feed.

Also tested the drum mag and it seems to be feeding properly.

I have noticed that most of the misfires are actually double feeds,

DOES THIS MEAN THE NOZZLE IS TOO SHORT?

Shall I order 3-4 different nozzles and try them out? or is there a quicker/less expensive fix?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any UK airsoft shops that cut and crown inner barrels?  Can't find a 325mm iner aeg barrel. 

47 minutes ago, PT247 said:

You can buy PDI barrels in any length you require IIRC

Looked at their website. 33000 yen = 230 quid

19 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

Looked at their website. 33000 yen = 230 quid

I think you may have got your conversion wrong, they do a 509mm barrel for YEN3,353 which is just £23.50

11 hours ago, PT247 said:

I think you may have got your conversion wrong, they do a 509mm barrel for YEN3,353 which is just £23.50

That's not custom though is it, that's a 509 mm barrel that they already make. Screenshot_20191229-081559_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1b9de89b3997c2c368e22688ac389e34.jpg

How much would you pay for a 2nd hand but barely used TM 416D? 

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

£250-300 if it was genuinely "good" and I was in the market for it specifically. I am extremely tight though.

I'll see if I can push for €250

Hey guys,

im getting back into airsoft after being out for maybe 8 years. Back in the day teams were indentified with crappy bits of red or blue fabric or duck tape.

I was thinking of getting some durable reusable armbands, but wanted to ask If the most common team ID colours are still RED/BLUE?

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

The situation: AK w/ mosfet wires where the rubber sheathing for both neg/pos wiring has stripped slightly because I slammed the dust cover down like an idiot. The AK now only fires in auto, not semi. MOSFET fitted.

The questions:

Can I use superglue as a non-conductive measure to restore "sheathing" to the exposed wire?

Would restoring sheathing likely solve the automatic-only issue? I'd imagine it's some form of wiring short i.e. the exposed wiring hitting the receiver.

On 15/01/2020 at 13:27, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

The situation: AK w/ mosfet wires where the rubber sheathing for both neg/pos wiring has stripped slightly because I slammed the dust cover down like an idiot. The AK now only fires in auto, not semi. MOSFET fitted.

The questions:

Can I use superglue as a non-conductive measure to restore "sheathing" to the exposed wire?

Would restoring sheathing likely solve the automatic-only issue? I'd imagine it's some form of wiring short i.e. the exposed wiring hitting the receiver.

Could be a circuit short.

I suggest to test the Mosfet (no idea how to tho)

If you can I suggest to apply some heat shrink tubing.

If not, use hot glue, can be shaped, is easy to remove and it's less messy than superglue.

Electrical tape if you're a caveman.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
18 minutes ago, Skara said:

Could be a circuit short.

I suggest to test the Mosfet (no idea how to tho)

If you can I suggest to apply some heat shrink tubing.

If not, use hot glue, can be shaped, is easy to remove and it's less messy than superglue.

Electrical tape if you're a caveman.

Cheers again Skara!

The reason I was asking about superglue specifically is because the wiring sheath tears are in a position where I would have to remove the GB from the body completely to access them - the wires are trapped between the gearbox and the rear trunion, if that makes sense.

I have a game tomorrow morning and thus don't want to take apart my main weapon (whilst the AUG is out of use as well), risking being unable to play!

Hot glue is a really good idea and I've got some of that already - will give it a shot. Thanks once again.

If hot glue doesn't work look up liquid tape on Amazon it's liquid version of electricians tape.

48 minutes ago, DannKnightt said:

Is anyone interested in a

put it in classifieds properly, or appraisals if you don’t know what it’s worth, not here bud

• Head Moderator
47 minutes ago, DannKnightt said:

Is anyone interested in a

Have a (re)read of the Forum rules and Classifieds rules.  If you want to sell anything, then make an advert in the Classifieds.