Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Why do a TM pistols like the Hi Capa (metal upper frame),  1911 (metal inserts in grip) and M9A1 (metal inserts in the grip and metal weight on inner barrel), have more metal than other Marui pistols?

The M9A1 actually weights more than some all metal airsoft Berettas.

Is it for the sake of realism or something to do with the design of these guns?

• Supporters
On 18/10/2019 at 03:27, Tom131 said:

svi .45 acp Hi I got a gun awhile  ago and the mag has broken no nothing  about pistols could you tell me what mags I can buy for it it’s a svi Grand Prairie infinity .45 acp thanks

Looks like a WE 1911 mag.

I assume it's all plastic?  I'd say that was a Western Arms.  I'm not aware of any other company doing full length dust cover 1911s with SV trades.  You''ll have to source mags from Japan unless you can find used ones.  If you want to get rid of it, let me know.

Question:

How much would you pay for a 2nd hand HSGI Sure Grip belt with its Cobra inner?

Seemingly I'm dumb. With the Aa hop up Unit. I have crazy jet barrel and maple leaf bucking. For the life of me I cannot get the barrel and bucking into the unit. It's too tight a fit. The rubber starts pushing down the barrel and doesnt remain at the top. I've tried a million times. Knack to it? Something I'm missing?! 

• Supporters

You-siR-Need-some-magic-lube-meme-30522.jpg

Would a LIPO fire be as bad if the LIPO was storage charges i.e 50% capacity vs 100% capacity when it decided to explode?

Thinking of getting a bat-safe for home storage. I considered a ammo box and insulating the inside but they aren't as good and especially for charging which it seems that is where the fire risk usually is.

EDIT:

I am editing this post instead of adding a new one to avoid clogging up the thread as this is for simple questions and answers not discussion.

So the video below covers what I asked and more. Also thanks to @EDcase for answering my question instead of just telling me lipos never burned his house down so they won't burn down mine. I think we get less issues in airsoft because we don't use anything above 3s so there is less energy and we aren't flying them or driving them around and crashing them in to things which can damage the batteries. They are usually in a sealed hand guard or stock providing them with crush protection.

I storage charge my batteries and it seems if they did go nucular in that state it wouldn't be AS bad which is what I wanted to know.

6 years of using lipos and never had a fire.... even when I tried causing one for a video with a nail and hammer I never got one to combust. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, PT247 said:

6 years of using lipos and never had a fire.... even when I tried causing one for a video with a nail and hammer I never got one to combust. 

#MeToo, had a couple get puffy, still charging so thought I'd test the horror story theories, nada, absolutely nothing, which is strange for me lol, I can f#ck most s#it up 😁.......just shows you gotta be really unlucky for one to go nuclear.

37 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I've had a lipo fire. Nuprol 7.4 lipo. Kinda lucky I still had the stock contact bars in the NGRS it happened with. Just pulled the stock off and threw it far away before it destroyed the gun.

Kinda disconcerting mid game tbh, battery was practically new, maybe the second use, and charged with a proper balance charger.

I caused a battery to burst into flames on purpose. Was an old battery and I shot it repeatedly with both an airsoft and a .177 air rifle while bodging a connection to a light bulb to discharge it :P

but no, never had a Lipo catch fire or explode during normal use.

Treat them well and they'll treat you well :)

Not had an issue while charging but I do put the battery on a baking tray just in case.

A half charged battery would not be as dangerous as it doesn't have as much energy to dispel.

I had a puffy battery and hammered a nail through it.  That thing really exploded.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Sawyer said:

I've had a lipo fire. Nuprol 7.4 lipo. Kinda lucky I still had the stock contact bars in the NGRS it happened with. Just pulled the stock off and threw it far away before it destroyed the gun.

Kinda disconcerting mid game tbh, battery was practically new, maybe the second use, and charged with a proper balance charger.

The problem there is obvious, it was a Nuprol, I've yet to hear a complimentary sentence if it's regarding a product with Nuprol in the name 😏

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

The problem there is obvious, it was a Nuprol, I've yet to hear a complimentary sentence if it's regarding a product with Nuprol in the name 😏

Agreed. I wouldn't touch anything nuprol with yours at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Small question regarding hop ups.

Is it normal that I have to make a shim on every freaking hop chamber I have on my RIFs, otherwise they wouldn't apply enough pressure?

Here's a quick terribad drawing, the shim is the blue part between the arm and the tensioner

P_20191114_125104_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

• Supporters

It's not normal per se but it's not hugely uncommon for some guns to need/benefit from it. 

3 of your guns are Ares so potentially its something in common due to that. 

What weight are you trying to lift? 

10 minutes ago, M_P said:

It's not normal per se but it's not hugely uncommon for some guns to need/benefit from it. 

3 of your guns are Ares so potentially its something in common due to that. 

What weight are you trying to lift? 

I have that shim in my Arp9, I used to have it in my 009 back when I had an aftermarket hop chamber and now I have to use one in my AS02.

I'm trying to lift 0.30s with a 50° decepticon rubber and the Omega tensioner, while people easily lift 0.45+g BBs with the same setup.