Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

It seems to vary. I use green gas all the time, never had a TM slide break on me.

The ones that seem to are the cut slides, Hi-Capa’s notably.

Having said that, I sold my TMG19 as every time I used it the slide lifted of the hammer unit and jammed. Didn’t break, but jammed every single time.

I have it on good authority that alloy slides are fine

Thanks. By cut slides i assume you mean the Gold Match. I think it's the only one with cut outs. 

I have a TM M9A1 and I have been wondering, given the huge Beretta cut out in the slide, whether this might not last too long without cracking on green gas. Even on 144a.

I just wondered if, after a good few years of use, they also cracked on  duster gas or equivalent.

2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I just wondered if, after a good few years of use, they also cracked on  duster gas or equivalent.

Never heard of it happening. Might be worth looking on some Japanese sites?

• Supporters

i've heard this business of tm slides breaking, but after 2 years of running .4's and black gas on my hicapa it still has yet to cause the miniature singularity the internet has informed me it would.

bearing in mine said hicapa was at least third hand when i got it.

Friend of mine has ran his tm m9 on gg from the start, must be 16 years old now. As above only tm slide notable of breaking is the gold match , that said still probably rare. Also can't rule out the possibility they've been bashed about or run on high pressure gas in high temps for prolonged periods.

• Moderators

Slings.

Is it worth speeding the money?, do the cheaper ones break easily compared to the known brands ?

My warrior single point sling, the clip is lose but i cant get it again in black as always OOS so just wondering....should i or shouldn't i go for a cheaper alternative??

my brother has a cheap one and has never had any issues, are we just drawn to the pricey ones...?

• Supporters

It always depends on what it is and what's being slung

I used to play with a guy on here who had a viper 1 point for his TM scar, the buckle let go and the stop on it broke. 

For something that's directly carrying an object of value I'd always get something from a decent brand, just for the piece of mind if nothing else

I have a cheap ebay special bungee single point that I've been using for years.  It's not massively thick, isn't well padded and doesn't "seem" to be particularly special but I've run it with my G36 and both my M4s without the slightest issue.  I even bought a couple more just in case one broke, they were only £3 each, and the first one hasn't failed yet.

The one thing I would advise if you give cheap and cheerful a try is to pay attention to the clip that attaches to the gun, make sure it's something that at least looks robust.

I do keep looking at more expensive ones from time to time but end up thinking about it too much and never get around to buying anything else.

YMMV of course, I may have struck lucky and got the ultra rare adamantium one.

quick dumb question:

why is my bolt action louder when there is a bb in the chamber?

It's really quiet and muffled when dry firing, but when a bb is chambered it suddenly becomes loud AF (to me, maybe it's still quiet towards the target, haven't tested yet).

11 hours ago, Skara said:

quick dumb question:

It's really quiet and muffled when dry firing, but when a bb is chambered it suddenly becomes loud AF (to me, maybe it's still quiet towards the target, haven't tested yet).

Physics. Champagne bottle without cork, quiet when shaken.

Champagne bottle with cork BANG

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Skara said:

What gun, what weight BB, what barrel length?

Usually it's the other way round, it's quieter when there is BB in there. As long as the cylinder barrel volume ratio makes the bb to still be in the barrel when the piston slams forward. The BB keeps the sound in the barrel.

5 hours ago, Samurai said:

What gun, what weight BB, what barrel length?

Usually it's the other way round, it's quieter when there is BB in there. As long as the cylinder barrel volume ratio makes the bb to still be in the barrel when the piston slams forward. The BB keeps the sound in the barrel.

Striker as02, stock 6.03x300 barrel, bioval .3s.

I am getting a crazy jet next week.

2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Can TM pistol magazines take higher powered gas than 144a or do you need to change the valves?

Yes, only the MK23 has issues

25 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

What's the difference between Maxx Hop ME Sport & Pro versions?

It looks to have a BB release on the Pro version. It also doesn't have the LEDs to charge up glow in the dark BBs

46 minutes ago, PT247 said:

It looks to have a BB release on the Pro version. It also doesn't have the LEDs to charge up glow in the dark BBs

Cheers, now you mention it I've just noticed the release latch.

Asking for a lefty glock loving friend. He is about to get his UKARA this weekend and wants a glock.

Does anyone know which glocks models/gens are full ambi? 

6 hours ago, Musica said:

Asking for a lefty glock loving friend. He is about to get his UKARA this weekend and wants a glock.

Don't know of any, but the G17 is really easy to use lefthanded, I'm a lefty too and can easily operate all the functions lefthandedly!

7 hours ago, Musica said:

all gen5 models are fully ambi, so that’s Umarex or WE only at the moment