Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Some of the new ultra bright uv tracers do not illuminate red very well. Something to do with light frequencies.

Sounds like the new version has some extra marketing to make up for piss poor design!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
31 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Are laser cut vests, chest rigs and drop leg platforms as reliable as the more usual molle?

Taking into account the manufacturer of course. 

Depends on a few things - quality of the material, how it's attached and how well the laser cuts have been finished off. If it's just a slit then you're open to the ends tearing so look for basically a thin oval (if you see what I mean). If it's been made with hypalon then the thickness will make a difference and whther it's been stitched properly between the channels of laser cuts.

I have a laser cut shooters belt from OPS/UR-Tactical and it's done very well in use. https://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/4529/virtuemart_category_id/ you'll notice though how the laminate material is stitched around the slot for strength.

I also have their laser cut plate carrier and it's equally great https://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/3515/virtuemart_category_id/1174

12 hours ago, CrazyPansos said:

Hi everyone is it safe to send airsoft guns from like Poland to UK in a box with other things?

Define “safe”?

If you declare it properly, and have a defence for importing a RIF then you won’t have an issue.

If it’s a two tone IF and you declare it properly, but you don’t have a defence, you won’t have a problem.

Anything else, and may have a problem

• Supporters
On 16/08/2019 at 18:59, emilianoksa said:

Thanks. So the cheaper stuff like Viper and MFH and Mil-Tech is probably not that strong?

I'll do some research and look for the stitching you mention.

I'm not a huge fan of Viper generally but the cheaper stuff is likely to be lower quality materials with a lower stitch count. The question YOU need to ask is "will it be fine for what I want?". If you can't justify the cost of the higher end kit, get the cheaper stuff but go into it with your eyes open.

13 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Define “safe”?

If you declare it properly, and have a defence for importing a RIF then you won’t have an issue.

If it’s a two tone IF and you declare it properly, but you don’t have a defence, you won’t have a problem.

Anything else, and may have a problem

Thx, what I ment by safe is, is it legal or smth, btw im new to airsoft.

1 minute ago, CrazyPansos said:

Thx, what I ment by safe is, is it legal or smth, btw im new to airsoft.

New means no defence? Then you shouldn’t be importing a RIF. Under 18? You shouldn’t be importing a two tone IF.

Will you get away with it? Who knows? 

Should you even try? No, definitely not

Does anybody know why Bolle X800I's are £63 literally everywhere apart from Patrolbase.co.uk selling them cheap for £48? Are they sneakily a different model or something? 

On 19 August 2019 at 09:36, Lozart said:

I'm not a huge fan of Viper generally but the cheaper stuff is likely to be lower quality materials with a lower stitch count. The question YOU need to ask is "will it be fine for what I want?". If you can't justify the cost of the higher end kit, get the cheaper stuff but go into it with your eyes open.

Echo this point,

theres an old joke in sales/marketing/manufacturing " never mind the quality, feel the quantity!"

lazer Molle significantly cuts manufacturing times and they can therefore cut cost whilst having to come up with reasons on why you should accept it as a purchaser.

This may be in the form of paying an influencer/magazine/website  to say the product is great but rarely does the products quality improve.

the only people they really have to convince is the person in charge of purchasing for uk/ussf because once a few photos appear on the net of those guys using it job done, the product is fit for purpose and just watch everybody jump on lazer cut Molle like a fat girl on chips.

buy what you want/can afford and decide what you are willing to accept in quality

not marketing,

i use viper kit because it's more than good enough for Airsoft 

the cheaper stuff is generally cheaper for good reason, but not always the reasons you may first think

• 2 weeks later...

I need a Lipo charger.  I gather the Imax B6AC V2 is the one to go for? I see ones on ebay for around £20 and then more expensive ones branded SKYRC on Amazon which I assume is what all the clones are based on?  Should these generic ebay ones be avoided or are they OK?  There seems to be lots of versions/copies and it's a little overwhelming.  I would normally just go to component-shop but I don't recognize the chargers they stock.

10 minutes ago, Musica said:

thinking about a GBBR (more likely a GBB SMG)

is it true these things just rattle them selves to death?

Depends what you buy. Some cheap piece of crap, maybe. Something decent, no 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Musica said:

No, unless you buy some cheap crap thing. 

Most of the options you see will not shake themselves apart, although when cleaning its worth checking screws are tightened etc. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
10 hours ago, Musica said:

As others have said it depends.

The GHK G5 for example would break after X amount of rounds because the back of the receiver would snap. Because GHK are generally a great company, they've released an updated version which reinforced that part of the receiver. etc. etc.

Ultimately, caveat emptor, check out brands you like, styles of RIF, check out reviews blah blah.

Maintained properly, a good GBBR should last as long as you want it to.

On 31/08/2019 at 17:38, hitmanNo2 said:

I need a Lipo charger.  I gather the Imax B6AC V2 is the one to go for? I see ones on ebay for around £20 and then more expensive ones branded SKYRC on Amazon which I assume is what all the clones are based on?  Should these generic ebay ones be avoided or are they OK?  There seems to be lots of versions/copies and it's a little overwhelming.  I would normally just go to component-shop but I don't recognize the chargers they stock.

I have a bay B6, it heats up batteries while charging, then I have a top of the range SKYRC charger that does 2 at once and batteries charge as fast but never even warm up. Get the SKYRC chargers, your batteries will thank you and long term it will be cheaper.

Never really rated the B6, had several for RC cars and always had issues

9 hours ago, MadMole said:

I have a bay B6, it heats up batteries while charging, then I have a top of the range SKYRC charger that does 2 at once and batteries charge as fast but never even warm up. Get the SKYRC chargers, your batteries will thank you and long term it will be cheaper.

Never really rated the B6, had several for RC cars and always had issues

Cheers.  I went for a Turnigy Accucel 6 in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Is it worth changing the frame on a WE Glock for a Guarder one?

Is the Guarder polymer that much stronger?

No. The guarded polymer is horrible much like the TM stuff, hard and scratchy 

15 minutes ago, E21A said:

No. The guarded polymer is horrible much like the TM stuff, hard and scratchy 

Disagree, the Guarder frames are nice AND full trade marks 😎