Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

How would one go about chrono-ing an sgr 12? Usually with a tri shot you would be asked to put only a single BB into a shell but the sgr's instructions say very specifically not to dry fire otherwise you risk shattering the custom pistons...only firing a single BB will of course leave 2 of the barrels dry, would it not?

You can’t, it’s legally a restricted Firearm that requires a Firearm Certificate to own in this country.

You would need Gunfire to downgrade it, and provide documentation to confirm this, before you can legally import.

In order to Skirmish it, you’ll need to get it below 350fps at most sites

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Leader Bee said:

Are there any tracer units that will work for a tri-shot or has anyone had experience of making their own? Ideally not a HUTU as I don't fancy drilling any internals ATM.

No there isn't one. Tri shots have three barrels and all current tracer units are for single barrel guns.

2 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Are there any tracer units that will work for a tri-shot or has anyone had experience of making their own? Ideally not a HUTU as I don't fancy drilling any internals ATM.

PCU make a tracer unit for the TM M870 for 150 USD and TM AA-12 for 170 USD. 

You'll need to message them on FB. 

18 hours ago, Asomodai said:

PCU make a tracer unit for the TM M870 for 150 USD and TM AA-12 for 170 USD. 

You'll need to message them on FB. 

Thanks, contacted them but said it's not compatible with sgr12 but repairsoft made a modification to make it fit; just waiting a response.

🛑🛑question🛑🛑🛑🛑

If anyone has an RS2 stock , could ye tell me what batteries fit in that stock ? I want to get the phantom extremis mk5 but i have no clue what could fit the gun. Looking for NiMh batteries preferably.

Thanks, 

Jakub.

🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑

Guest PT247
1 hour ago, Jakub said:

🛑🛑question🛑🛑🛑🛑

If anyone has an RS2 stock , could ye tell me what batteries fit in that stock ? I want to get the phantom extremis mk5 but i have no clue what could fit the gun. Looking for NiMh batteries preferably.

Thanks, 

Jakub.

🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑🛑

If it fits in a buffer tube it'll be right,  just ask the shop what will fit entirely in a buffertube

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
15 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I've noticed that Marui 1911s are heavier than most of their other pistols, and yet the mags are slim and light.

What accounts for this extra weight? Is there metal behind the grips or in the frame?

Yup, metal weights are added into the frame/slide I think.

@emilianoksa - The TM 1911's (I think it's all of them but not 100%) have a weight within the grip plates on each side.

The inside of the grip plate has been carved out to allow the weighted plates to fit without compromising other parts of the pistol.

Part of the subframe is metal too but I don't know how much this adds.

Thanks for that detail. I have an TM M9A1 with a similar build.  It weighs almost a kilo.

I've always shied away from 1911s because you only get about 20 shots from a gas charge.

But now that I can't skirmish any more and use my guns only for plinking, that might not be such a problem. 

@emilianoksa - I've got a Series '70 (I believe the internals are slightly different to the original) but it's a cracking gun. As for shots, I can't say how many I get in a mag but I've not had an issue going through every loaded round. I usually stop approximately 4 BB's from maximum to avoid unnecessary wear on the spring.

18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for that detail. I have an TM M9A1 with a similar build.  It weighs almost a kilo.

I've always shied away from 1911s because you only get about 20 shots from a gas charge.

But now that I can't skirmish any more and use my guns only for plinking, that might not be such a problem. 

This time of year the gas efficiency isn't an issue. 1911's are the most satisfying pistols to shoot because of the single action in my opinion. I love taking mine on skirmishes :)

True. 

I'd have trouble deciding between the TM Series 70 and the MEU. I prefer the looks of the former, but the MEU has more usable sights.

Part of me would like to get a metal one. They are cheaper and nice to collect. For that reason I had considered a KJW - maybe the KP05 which looks more like a regular 1911 than other hi capas.

But I know that if I bought one, I'd probably regret not going for a  Marui.

I don't like CO2 anyway, and metal slided 1911s with green gas can be very inefficient in all but the hottest weather.

10 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

True. 

I'd have trouble deciding between the TM Series 70 and the MEU. I prefer the looks of the former, but the MEU has more usable sights.

Part of me would like to get a metal one. They are cheaper and nice to collect. For that reason I had considered a KJW - maybe the KP05 which looks more like a regular 1911 than other hi capas.

But I know that if I bought one, I'd probably regret not going for a  Marui.

I don't like CO2 anyway, and metal slided 1911s with green gas can be very inefficient in all but the hottest weather.

I think TM's are the only true useful 1911s purely due to the Plastic slide. Plus with the M45A1 mags they last a bit longer gas wise. (Slightly larger gas reservoir then standard 1911 mags.) But hey, if its just for backyard plinking I don't see the problem with a metal one. 

Mine isn't exactly a 1911. Its a TM Strike Warrior which is essentially a Hicappa 4.3 upper, with a plastic Detonics slide and strike face, but with a 1911 lower. It is considered one of the best stock pistol trigger pulls on a gas pistol on the market.

1 minute ago, emilianoksa said:

I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

Cant go wrong with this for the money. Wolf got a massive shipment in ages ago but no one bought them. 

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/tokyo-marui-colt-m45a1-cqb-u-s-m-c-pistol.html

Usually they sell for around 165. 

How much does tracer weight effect a hi-capas gas efficeny? (my hi-capa is already getting over 3 mags on 1 gas up)

I am trying to choose between either the Ligher S at 32g or the Lighter BT at 78g I'd prefer to run the ligher BT as I think red looks cooler than green.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Musica said:

I am trying to choose between either the Ligher S at 32g or the Lighter BT at 78g I'd prefer to run the ligher BT as I think red looks cooler than green.

You know the colour is down to the BB not the tracer unit...right?

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

You know the colour is down to the BB not the tracer unit...right?

Yea but the Lighter S doesn't illuminate red very well but the Lighter BT does green ok and does red really well.  The BT model has a button that swaps between green and red mode but you still need to feed it the correct bbs of that colour. Not sure if the Lighter S has a mode swap button or not.  All I know what what I read and watch on youtube.