Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Am I correct thinking that all single stack, slim 1911 mags are prettyuch the same? Need some new ones for a src 1911 meu but the we mags are half the price so would rather grab a couple of those if they'll definitely work

6 hours ago, Valentine said:

Am I correct thinking that all single stack, slim 1911 mags are prettyuch the same? Need some new ones for a src 1911 meu but the we mags are half the price so would rather grab a couple of those if they'll definitely work

Short answer they should be. long answer though the src is meant to be a tokyo marui clone like the WE construction tolerances maybe off and the mags might no perform properly. Also WE 1911s are garbage so you might be tter off getting SRC mags any way.   

Does make me wonder if the Double stack ones would work then or if they are too wide to fit 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

From a retailer? Just use it

Private? Run through the fire selector, check range, check power, check grouping.

Retailer, 

I just don't want to pay for a game day and end up with a non functional gun if I could of done a few tests to at least confirm it's working to an acceptable level on delivery. 

• Supporters
Just now, Musica said:

Retailer, 

I just don't want to pay for a game day and end up with a non functional gun if I could of done a few tests to at least confirm it's working to an acceptable level on delivery. 

Put in battery/gas/bbs and pull the trigger if bb leaves the barrel it works if not it's fucked.... was that so hard?

• Supporters

Is there a simple way to install and remove this type of rail cover? I've already snapped off the end of one of them and would rather not damage the rest. 

Picture 1 of 1

Guest PT247

just push down on the clip and slide, never had any issues with these.... also, if you have these fitted, why not just remove the rails as they not being used?

some of those can be an absolute pain, as above make sure that you push the clip down all the way. hard. other than that you have probably found the difference between some Airsoft manufacturers and the real steel in terms of rail dimensions, plus there are a few different standards out there, e.g. picatinny and weaver. 

if you are struggling to get it on still you could use an air-dry lubricant such as GT 86 or a similar PTFE spray or even just a splash of water if the rails aren't steel. if that fails you maybe able to try gently heating with a hairdryer, but hopefully it won't come to that. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, PT247 said:

just push down on the clip and slide, never had any issues with these.... also, if you have these fitted, why not just remove the rails as they not being used?

Thanks. I wanted to mount a torch on the side and the cover took up the entire rail space so it needed to come off. 

Is it possible that a simple hop bucking swap gave me a 12 m/s boost?

Went from the standard Ares clear green one to a Prometheus purple and my gun went from 90 m/s to 102..

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

Yes. Better airseal.

Alright, cheers.

Unfortunately I can't use that gun on tomorrow's tournament, no biggie though as my main is still below the limit, I'll be taking that instead :)

edit: I didn't think it would give me THAT much of a boost, I thought it would give me 3/4 m/s tops.

• Moderators

Anyone watched H5O?, do they have Bluetooth earpieces?, are they available?

H Folks

I am off to Northampton next week for the day I have 8 hours to kill whilst I am waiting around.

Is there any good Airsoft shops around Northampton that i could visit.

I have looked on line and cant seem to find anything, thanks in advance.

• Supporters
On 12/04/2019 at 16:07, djben9 said:

Anyone watched H5O?, do they have Bluetooth earpieces?, are they available?

They look like a pretty standard COTS earpiece for a phone to me. Possibly even a butchered pair of in ear 'phones. It's just a prop after all.

Most actual bluetooth earpieces for radios have a mic on them like this:

s-l1600.jpg

The lack of a mic suggests to me it's literally something to stop viewers from saying "why's he just sticking his finger in his ear and pretending to talk on a radio?"

• Moderators
Just now, Lozart said:

They look like a pretty standard COTS earpiece for a phone to me. Possibly even a butchered pair of in ear 'phones. It's just a prop after all.

.i was just hoping.....less to get tangled up in when getting ready! :lol::lol:

• Supporters
1 minute ago, djben9 said:

.i was just hoping.....less to get tangled up in when getting ready! :lol::lol:

Edited while you Ninja'd. There is indeed bluetooth earpieces for radios. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-tooth-Headset-Wireless-2way-Radio-PTT-Remote-For-Kenwood-Baofeng-TYT-Wouxan/123180185121?hash=item1cae1c7621:g:GigAAOSwtNFbBVGM

• Moderators

yeah i came across them as well when i was looking, the arm put me off a bit:)

• Supporters
Just now, djben9 said:

yeah i came across them as well when i was looking, the arm put m off a bit:)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Bluetooth-Wireless-Adaptor-PTT-Headset-for-Kenwood-TYT-Baofeng-Uv5r-Radio-730p/1646877742?iid=272448010532

• Moderators

mmm better.....!!

now can you find me one that has no cable for the ear piece!, i would do but im supposed to be working at home and looking after the kids!:lol::lol:

1 minute ago, djben9 said:

mmm better.....!!

now can you find me one that has no cable for the ear piece!, i would do but im supposed to be working at home and looking after the kids!:lol::lol:

Same price also - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272050254893