Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Tokyo Marui G36K low/mid-cap recommendations - I'm looking for recommendations for compatible low cap's (will consider mid) for the TM G36K. In particular I was looking at the 45 round Ares lo-cap's, can anyone confirm if these are fully compatible?

@Game Cam - This may be outside of your budget but the warranty offered for the sight is second to none and it is rated for real firearms (to the best of my knowledge). Also if retaining zero is a point of consideration then you won't go wrong with the Vortex - Crossfire Red Dot.

On 03/03/2019 at 17:19, Game Cam said:

Whats a good sight for a GBB MP7 since my Nuprol Holo keeps turning itself off?

Not a direct answer to your question but one quick "fix" for this issue is to make sure the battery contacts aren't disconnecting - you can do this by folding some tinfoil into a small square as a buffer between battery and battery contact if this makes sense. Do this for each side of the battery and it keeps it nice and snug and could solve the issue. Plus warranty options as stated elsewhere

On 06/03/2019 at 23:27, koppel said:

Is this the legit site to buy the burst wizard? Website looks well dodgy!

http://www.aegwizard.com/

Heard of it but why not go for something reputable rather than something like that? plenty of options

BTC

Jefftron

Titan Gate

(after a 2 second google I found airsoft world sell burst wizard stuff so why not look on there)

• Supporters
On 10/02/2019 at 17:05, Prisce said:

In my opinion, No.

i second this motion

heavier ammo will give you more range, but lighter ammo in an indoor setting will have a marginally faster flight time (it gets overtaken at range by heavier ammo) but more importantly it's cheaper.

10 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Heard of it but why not go for something reputable rather than something like that? plenty of options

BTC 

Jefftron 

Titan Gate 

Cheers I'll look at the BTC but the jefftron full bag of mashings version isn't available for v2 and the titan is too much cash imho

Edit: seems like the BTC is out of stock eveywhere

Just now, Burny said:

Is this mini tamiya connector wired backwards?

Capture.JPG.314c6cd255547175e686a5e37cd706f5.JPG

Looks good to me all mine have the square bit on the red wire an round on the black wire

4 hours ago, Valentine said:

Looks good to me all mine have the square bit on the red wire an round on the black wire

Thanks for the reply, I guess what's confusing me is that when connected the wires no longer match:

image1.JPG.8c9c7ba3f5ea7dd9a69447fb05c56807.JPG

That's battery on the left charger on the right. Is this normal?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Burny said:

Thanks for the reply, I guess what's confusing me is that when connected the wires no longer match:

image1.JPG.8c9c7ba3f5ea7dd9a69447fb05c56807.JPG

That's battery on the left charger on the right. Is this normal?

Thanks

That would concern me yeah, looks like the charger is the wrong way round, a lot of rc stuff uses the plugs that was so it'll need swapping over so the wires match

3 minutes ago, Valentine said:

That would concern me yeah, looks like the charger is the wrong way round, a lot of rc stuff uses the plugs that was so it'll need swapping over so the wires match

Yeah. I think I'll start a dedicated thread so as to not clog up the quick question thread. This is all new to me and this smart charger is like something out of apollo 13. Thanks for the help.

On 23/02/2019 at 00:36, FreeFrag.UK said:

Currently suffering a brain fart, is it recommended to clean & lubricate a pistol (in this case a TM) prior to first use?

I feel a bit embarrassed asking but I figure better a bit of embarrassment than destroying my new pistol. Been a long day and the old brain tissue isn't working.

Yes. When I first bought my TM Strike Warrior it wouldn't fully cycle as the slide had zero lube. Lube the slide and then use it til it breaks. 

On 13/03/2019 at 14:04, emilianoksa said:

Nuprol 2.0 or 3.0 gas in a WE Glock at 11 degrees celsius.

Can I get away with the green or will I need the red to empty a magazine?

I assume metal slide? if so you'll need red as the slide is heavy however if it's polymer use green otherwise you'll be having that slide for lunch.