Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Dytac parts are quite popular. 

I just wondered if their guns had much of a following. 

No.

15 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

No.

Short and sweet.😁

I have been warned.

Another quick question about these types of red dots:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222719532325 

Can the scope be reversed in the mounts? It's just that the heaviest part of the scope is directly above the single mount screw and I wonder if the mount is strong enough to hold it turned round. It's a reach forward mount but  I want the scope to reach back from a small rail section just behind the muzzle of my gun, bringing it a bit closer to my eye. 

Just wondered if anyone else had used it in this way.  

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Short and sweet.😁

I have been warned.

Another quick question about these types of red dots:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222719532325 

Can the scope be reversed in the mounts? It's just that the heaviest part of the scope is directly above the single mount screw and I wonder if the mount is strong enough to hold it turned round. It's a reach forward mount but  I want the scope to reach back from a small rail section just behind the muzzle of my gun, bringing it a bit closer to my eye. 

Just wondered if anyone else had used it in this way.  

Like Samurai says - yes. Though I've owned a couple of those cheap cantilever mounts and even the cheapest ones are sturdy. Wouldn't bother flipping it around.

• Supporters
On 20/01/2019 at 12:28, emilianoksa said:

Short and sweet.😁

I have been warned.

Dytac quality was always a bit hit and miss. Buddy of mine has an old Invader that has been absolutely faultless for a good long while but there's others that have just shat themselves out of the box. What their new lines are like is a mystery. 

3 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

royaltigergear:

Will I get what I buy? 

I understand this is Quick Questions, but perhaps that was a little too quick....

3 hours ago, PT247 said:

I understand this is Quick Questions, but perhaps that was a little too quick....

Oh its a shop, but the website looks... 90's and its not exactly filling me with confidence. wanted to know if anyone had used them. 

Does. Polymer slide + abbey vertex gas sound like a bad idea? Got my eye on a HFC deagle since patrol base has them at silly prices at the mo, just need to know if I'd need to swap over to a lower power gas for it

18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

For extended Glock and Hi Capa mags, which mag pouches are the most useful: MP5 or UMP pouches?

Or is there a better alternative?

I thank you. 

MP5 / Glock are “roughly” the same size. - hicapa is different but not far off.

Perhaps look for elasticated versions?

41 minutes ago, SCAR_Jester said:

MP5 / Glock are “roughly” the same size. - hicapa is different but not far off.

Perhaps look for elasticated versions?

that's a good shout on getting elasticated mag pouches. viper do some extended pistol mag pouches in the hsgi style. alternatively TMC make some SMG pouches which you can get from somewhere like weapon762.

if you have the budget for real steel then blue force gear ten speed mp7 pouches are worth looking at along with hsgi if you prefer that style.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Back again.😃

How do the TM High Cycle rifles manage to achieve a high rate of fire on 8.4 nimhs?

I know the velocity is low, but I was just wondering if they have the solid build quality of other TM guns.

Factory short stroking, from what I've seen on my mate's box, but I may be wrong.

Probably a high speed motor or a faster ratio gears (14:1 or 13:1) as well.

It's TM after all, their guns are spot on.

5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Back again.😃

How do the TM High Cycle rifles manage to achieve a high rate of fire on 8.4 nimhs?

I know the velocity is low, but I was just wondering if they have the solid build quality of other TM guns.

Thanks for the explanation.

4 hours ago, PT247 said:

I was a little disappointed with the build quality of the Ten Speed kit, mine fell apart! 😞

Thanks for the note of caution.

Quick question.

Can a magazine release catch be the cause of misfeeding/not feeding at all/air leaks?

I have 2 Ares Amoeba M4s, same exact lower receivers, used to feed flawlessly every mag i could throw at them.

Not long ago i lost my whole mag release assembly on one and purchased an aftermarket ambidextrous mag release thingy.

Since then, said gun has had troubles feeding from midcaps, while the other still feeds fine.