Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Depreciation is a bitch. Unless there is some sort of bidding system in place once you have accepted an offer you are obliged to sell at the agreed price even if You get a better offer.edit however you don't have to accept an offer you can wait and see if some one will give you your asking price(You may end up loosing the 1st offer and end up selling for less but these are the risks you take). Just ask yourself how you feel if some one said they'd sell something yo you then told you no they were selling it for more yo some one else?

47 minutes ago, Tomatom said:

Another question, if I am selling something for cheap on Classifieds which has alot of interest. Do I?;

A; Sell it to the first person who makes an offer.

B; Some sort of bidding process so everyone who's interested has a fair chance. However will work out more expensive.

I don't want to rip people off but I origionally bought the gun for 6 times the advertised price.

Its your gun, sell to whoever you want. Either the biggest offer, or the one you’re most comfortable with, or any criteria you like. But as @BigStew said, once you’ve accepted an offer, stick with it.

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Its your gun, sell to whoever you want. Either the biggest offer, or the one you’re most comfortable with, or any criteria you like. But as @BigStew said, once you’ve accepted an offer, stick with it.

I haven't accepted any offers yet. But the fact I put it on for £50 origionally. It seems unfair to up the price in bids but equally unfair for people who'd like to buy but were perhaps busy doing something else. I may take it down and re-post after christmas in the new year as I'm having problems with the battery.

32 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Depreciation is a bitch. Unless there is some sort of bidding system in place once you have accepted an offer you are obliged to sell at the agreed price even if You get a better offer.edit however you don't have to accept an offer you can wait and see if some one will give you your asking price(You may end up loosing the 1st offer and end up selling for less but these are the risks you take). Just ask yourself how you feel if some one said they'd sell something yo you then told you no they were selling it for more yo some one else?

True but I haven't accepted any offers yet. The only reason I put £50 was because I didn't see any other websites advertising that gun so had nothing to compare it to. I do know however I bought it for £300 and at the time it was one of the top guns and brands on the market..

16 minutes ago, Tomatom said:

I haven't accepted any offers yet. But the fact I put it on for £50 origionally. It seems unfair to up the price in bids but equally unfair for people who'd like to buy but were perhaps busy doing something else. I may take it down and re-post after christmas in the new year as I'm having problems with the battery.

True but I haven't accepted any offers yet. The only reason I put £50 was because I didn't see any other websites advertising that gun so had nothing to compare it to. I do know however I bought it for £300 and at the time it was one of the top guns and brands on the market..

There's a CA g36c in the classifieds listed for 100 at the mo so you've undervalued it at 50 tbh, would of snapped it up myself if I was ukara registered but I had to settle for a two tone cyma for now

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Are GBB and VSR barrels the same? I.e will a GBB barrel fit in a gun currently using a VSR barrel? 

sometimes. VSR barrels depend on your hop setup, some are bridged, some are non bridged. Most GBB barrels are non bridged. The TM Mk23 has a different cut to it than a VSR style too (I know that is a NBB but just for info)

7 minutes ago, PT247 said:

sometimes. VSR barrels depend on your hop setup, some are bridged, some are non bridged. Most GBB barrels are non bridged. The TM Mk23 has a different cut to it than a VSR style too (I know that is a NBB but just for info)

Thanks, I’m hoping a non bridged will work in mine (amoeba striker) as I cant seem to find a decent 310mm other than ones listed for GBB 

2 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Can I/should I use 0.12g bbs in a moscart grenade to keep costs down?

I use a pistol grenade launcher as a backup weapon in cqb so it's indoors and no wind to worry about. They're just cheaper than 0.20's and I go through a few.

As long as the bbs don't shatter just by looking at them you should be fine 

4 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Can I/should I use 0.12g bbs in a moscart grenade to keep costs down?

I use a pistol grenade launcher as a backup weapon in cqb so it's indoors and no wind to worry about. They're just cheaper than 0.20's and I go through a few.

Heard of plenty of people using cheap an cheerful .12's for grenades, they are generally not that powerful per bb like a rif so much lower chance of them breaking up

On 14/12/2018 at 12:51, djben9 said:

are they any decent after market LAM units for the TM mk23.... that dont involve me spending a year trying to solder a new bulb in!!!! :lol:

Just get a cree bulb mate, that's what most people do. failing that if you don't fancy doing ti yourself ask one of the tech people on here to do it for you for a few beer tokens. FYI you can also upgrade the laser diode as well I believe.

• Head Moderator
16 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

What is enough to pay for a pistol lanyard?

Any brand recommendation?

Warrior Assault Systems tactical pistol lanyard, £20

https://www.uktactical.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=lanyard

• Moderators

anyone any experience with this??. is it any good in night games?

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=276_332&products_id=6469

• 3 weeks later...

M4 Motor plate adjustment screw stuck... anything left to try?

The G&P factory fairies thought it would be a good idea to cover everything in glue.

For example: Sector gear glued to shim and bearings and equally annoying is the motor plate screw.

So I've tried boiling the motor plate for hours, soaking it in acetone over night but the thing won't budge.

There's nothing visible to remove now, just what's hidden on the threads.

Plate looks to be zinc or similar. Paints obviously gone with the acetone...

Do I just buy a replacement... probably. Ugh..

Oh and thank you for reading! :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Immortal said:

M4 Motor plate adjustment screw stuck... anything left to try?

The G&P factory fairies thought it would be a good idea to cover everything in glue.

For example: Sector gear glued to shim and bearings and equally annoying is the motor plate screw.

So I've tried boiling the motor plate for hours, soaking it in acetone over night but the thing won't budge.

There's nothing visible to remove now, just what's hidden on the threads.

Plate looks to be zinc or similar. Paints obviously gone with the acetone...

Do I just buy a replacement... probably. Ugh..

Oh and thank you for reading! :D

Picture? Usually I’d suggest a vice and the perfect sized screwdriver. You might need an impact driver, or perhaps a little well aimed heat, the pic will help us determine exactly what type you require.

Thanks for the reply Prisce. I'll try what you've said. I don't think a photo is really of any use as its just a base plate and screw like any other, there's really nothing of interest to be seen.

I have the tools required, it was just if there was any other techniques I hadn't tried to budge it. I'll give it a go. 👍

2 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

hi im new to the sport, the term milsim does that stand for military simulator ?

Right but not too much. Simulation, not simulator :P