Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Hi

I'm guessing from your description it is the forward assist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_assist

On some guns it decompresses the spring  on other airsoft guns it doesn't do anything, it's for show, but without knowing your specific model can't say for sure.

Cheers

G

Can anybody recommend a replacement inner barrel for the APS SVU?
I think the inner is currently 600mm and I'd like to keep at the same length.
I have no idea if it's bridged or not. And I don't know which bore to go for...
TIA. 😄

Edit: Ignore this. My Google-fu improved. Guarder 6.02 650mm is on the way!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Pentagon clothing andd tactical gear - not the most expensive stuff but not cheap either.

Is it any good?

Ditto Helikon.

I have a grey Pentagon Artaxes jacket which is pretty good, wear it for real world use.

https://www.uktactical.com/p-11523-pentagon-k08011-artaxes-sf-jacket-level-v-wolf-grey.aspx

Also have a Helikon Alpha fleece which is good value for money and everyday use.

https://www.military1st.co.uk/bl-alt-fg-35-helikon-alpha-tactical-grid-fleece-jacket-shadow-grey.html

For quality I would buy 5.11 Tactical kit.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Pentagon clothing andd tactical gear - not the most expensive stuff but not cheap either.

Is it any good?

Ditto Helikon.

Yes and yes.

• Moderators

ive always gone to Helikon and wear their clothing for day to day use as well, very robust!

also have the same Apha fleece but in black and where it to work / train / walk to office and its fine, ideal base layer though :)

Some of these Helikon related posts may help as well....

https://airsoft-forums.uk/search/?q=helikon

Anyone ever used epoxy putty to repair bodywork? I'm looking at picking up a boneyard g36c and the stock hinge is broken, still functions perfectly but can't lock without putting too much stress on it so it breaks again so I would like to fix it if possible

21 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Anyone ever used epoxy putty to repair bodywork? I'm looking at picking up a boneyard g36c and the stock hinge is broken, still functions perfectly but can't lock without putting too much stress on it so it breaks again so I would like to fix it if possible

Putty won’t work, you’ll need to bond something into the plastic I think

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Thanks I'm sure I'll be able to work out some sort of bodge for it then

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I second that.

Heat up a nail or a piece of hard wire red hot, push it in the plastic deep. Do this at least in 2-3 places, then use a soldering iron to smooth out the plastic. Then sand it, paint it.

1 minute ago, Samurai said:

I second that.

Heat up a nail or a piece of hard wire red hot, push it in the plastic deep. Do this at least in 2-3 places, then use a soldering iron to smooth out the plastic. Then sand it, paint it.

Not sure that particular method would work as it's the hinge parts that have snapped off on the body so I'll need to  build up a couple of loops for want of a better word, I may have to use some sort of wire skeleton sunk into what's left of them with it tho, it may not work as intended but it'll at least look better by the time I'm done

31 minutes ago, Samurai said:

That would be a hell of a lot simpler but it's the gun end that's busted not the actual stock

Like so, doesn't have to be functional if needs must so long as it looks better, the main draw being its already two toned so I can get it tomorrow and its at a discount that puts it within range of my wallet since gunfire have broken the dboys g001 I ordered so getting a refund on that one that'll cover most of the cost of this cyma

_20181120_235522.JPG

A lot of hicapa parts are interchangeable apparently, there's a vid of a shop in the US showing them swap mags between different makes