Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Huxley said:

Can you use a non bridged barrel in an aeg?

Numpty ordered the wrong one.

Nope, send it back.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Huxley said:

Bugger figured as much, didn't realise I got the wrong one until too late to change.

It happens. I have a Prometheus EG barrel sat doing nothing for similar reasons...

Hi I'm after a little help with a s/h we sig f229 I've just picked up. It's a bit battle worn and has no front sight.

Can anyone let me know how best to fit a replacement front sight? Got one on the way, but the slot on the slide has a small hole. I'm assuming the sight just slides into the groove. Is this correct? If not, does it need to be glued on?

I don't have the replacement yet, so I can't work out if it will slide in or will need to be glued on.

Thanks is advance for any help. :)

• Head Moderator
38 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Noob question ... Is 700 bbs enough to last a 4 hour cqb game?

Depends what gun you are using.  Is it a pistol or AEG, any full auto play.  Using a mid cap (80-120 BB) would give you approx 8-5 full mags for the day.   I personally would take a bottle with 3k, even though I would not use that many BBs, it is always better to have more than you actually need. 

26 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Depends what gun you are using.  Is it a pistol or AEG, any full auto play.  Using a mid cap (80-120 BB) would give you approx 8-5 full mags for the day.   I personally would take a bottle with 3k, even though I would not use that many BBs, it is always better to have more than you actually need. 

It'll be the sites rental gun as it'll be my first game. I think it's a g4 variant

2 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

It'll be the sites rental gun as it'll be my first game. I think it's a g4 variant

Bring £10 extra with you, and just buy bb's at the site "if" you need them.

Worry less about first game prep and just have fun! Waste ammo!
Save ammo when you end up spending £100's on the sport later haha.

Enjoy!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Leader Bee said:

As Jedi said, depends how you play, where you play and how many players there are as targets could be minimal.....i can do an entire day and use about 500ish....80rd midcaps, but i tend to use single shot all the time and only shoot what i can see.....

Always have two speed loaders and a bottle of bbs on me though....just incase!:lol:

9 hours ago, Leader Bee said:

Is it semi only?  that's about what I would use during a day at the Mall.  But as Jedi said, safer to bring a bottle.

Cheers

G

First off thanks all for the game last weekend was a blast. Now I managed to get my own kit in time for the game and was my first time using them. One was the tm p226 e2 pistol, now I know its a plastic slide so I didn't want to get to powerful gas so I used abby 144a gas. My question is what's the best gas to use for said pistol. 

12 hours ago, MisterG said:

Is it semi only?  that's about what I would use during a day at the Mall.  But as Jedi said, safer to bring a bottle.

Cheers

G

Thanks G, if you can get away with 700 for the day I think I'll be fine. Will bring some extra cash if I need more - I heard the mall was closing; Shame I would have loved to go to an environment like that once I got my ukara. Sandpit in Bradford seems like my next choice when the weather is nicer again

6 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Another quickie;

What is the purpose of a plate carrier in airsoft? Are they for the weenies who don't like being shot?

For some people yes, for others it's being tacticool, others (like myself) its for the flexibility of loadout just by modifying the pouches etc. 

2 minutes ago, skintrade said:

For some people yes, for others it's being tacticool, others (like myself) its for the flexibility of loadout just by modifying the pouches etc. 

Not to sound rude, just an honest question but why not use a molle, webbing or some other belt?

Plate carriers are for ballistic plates, right?

12 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Not to sound rude, just an honest question but why not use a molle, webbing or some other belt?

Plate carriers are for ballistic plates, right?

IRL yep, I just find the placement of pouches I often use is better on a PC, and it also allows me to strap on a water carrier on the rear for hot long days. It's horses for courses a lot of the time, if I need light and mobile I'll just use a belt setup, but if I'm carrying half a dozen mid caps, some pistol mags, loader, BBs, gas etc. then the PC offers me more options.

Take any padding out it's just a vest really.

On 09/10/2018 at 13:30, tasum said:

Hi I'm after a little help with a s/h we sig f229 I've just picked up. It's a bit battle worn and has no front sight.

Can anyone let me know how best to fit a replacement front sight? Got one on the way, but the slot on the slide has a small hole. I'm assuming the sight just slides into the groove. Is this correct? If not, does it need to be glued on?

I don't have the replacement yet, so I can't work out if it will slide in or will need to be glued on.

Thanks is advance for any help. :)

New sight has arrived, can anyone advise on how to fix it on?

1 minute ago, tasum said:

New sight has arrived, can anyone advise on how to fix it on?

Did the sight come with a screw? You said before there was a hole in the slot on the slide, does the sight have a matching hole? If there are matching holes, and you have a screw, the screw in from inside the slide. If holes and no screw, then contact supplier of sight as should have been supplied.

Just now, skintrade said:

Did the sight come with a screw? You said before there was a hole in the slot on the slide, does the sight have a matching hole? If there are matching holes, and you have a screw, the screw in from inside the slide. If holes and no screw, then contact supplier of sight as should have been supplied.

Thank you for the response. I don't think it came with a screw and there's no hole under the slide to screw through to the sight. I will take another look tonight, but thank you for helping :)

Just now, tasum said:

Thank you for the response. I don't think it came with a screw and there's no hole under the slide to screw through to the sight. I will take another look tonight, but thank you for helping :)

My bad, I answered without hunting a manual down, it should just push in if no screw, it should be firm and will need a little force, it shouldn't come out without force either. You can add a dab of a good adhesive to help it stay, but shouldn't be needed.

1 minute ago, skintrade said:

My bad, I answered without hunting a manual down, it should just push in if no screw, it should be firm and will need a little force, it shouldn't come out without force either. You can add a dab of a good adhesive to help it stay, but shouldn't be needed.

Brill, thank you :)

On 12/10/2018 at 17:02, tasum said:

Brill, thank you :)

By way of an update, I've had a proper look with a pal who knows his stuff. The new front sight has a hole all the way through from the  top. So I'm told I can find a very small grub screw to screw it down once it's slipped into the slot. Once in it stays on, but can move laterally, so the screw keeps it in place.

Alternatively, a blob of glue should do. 

Does anyone have any tiny grub screws or a source for getting one? 

Not sure what size, but looks a little like the type that comes with a flash hider.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, skintrade said:

Surprised it didn't come with a screw, never had a sight come without all required components... Maybe contact where you purchased from?

Thanks again for the advice. Called them, but they don't supply the screws. Ordered a set from amazon, hopefully won't be smaller than an M3 lol :)

Forgive my ignorance but the multitude of options is confusing. Are there any grenades, specifically ones which can be fired from a pistol grenade launcher that will actually spray bbs from the grenade on impact rather than the many launchers I have seen that just work like an oversized shotgun?

I'm looking for a side arm that I can use to attack people behind cover.