Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

On 26/08/2018 at 20:55, MisterG said:

Do you mean connector?

I bought a Tamiya to deans connector from ebay, I use these to charge my batteries with Tamiya conenctors, but most of mine have been converted to deans.

If you know how to solder, and have a soldering Iron, might be worth looking into that as an opton.

Don't cut both wires at the same time if you do, as it will fry the battery.

Cheers

G

Hi there, thank you for your help.

I have seen the balance boards that appear to allow a user to charge identical batteries at the same time. They appear to either be deans or xt60 connectors. My batteries have the mini tamiya connectors, so I just wondered whether there was a balance charging board that had those connections to avoid having to slice and splice deans on my batteries and my rifles.

I may just charge one at a time until I have to upgrade. I'm hopeful the Imax B6 proves to be an improvement over my asg charger :)

Can anyone guide me on enabling my account so that I can make offers/purchases within the classifieds section?

56 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Can anyone guide me on enabling my account so that I can make offers/purchases within the classifieds section?

Just send the seller a pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Are you supposed to completely fill a mag with Abbey Maintenance gas or just put in a one second squirt?

Is it OK to fire it off the normal way ( using the trigger ) or are you supposed to expel it by pushing the striker valve?

I wouldn't use it at all and certainly not fire it through my gun.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for the reply.

But it would have been useful if you could have given your reason.

Because it's a gimmick and unnecessary?

Or

Because it is a bad product?

I am still in the dark.

Watch the video here: https://www.abbeysupply.com/airsoft-products/Abbey_Predator_Maintenance_Gas_144a.html

It's not for skirmishing, has a higher amount of lubricant so it's best not to put too much of it through the hop rubber. It's really only required if you have stored your mags with no gas in or used a very dry gas or propane all of which can contribute to your seals drying out.

Sorry yes, as above, I used to use propane in my sig and then hicapa for many years till the price went up. Rarely added any lube and my mags never leaked. I always left gas in the mags often full and still do. Now I run the gunfire smart gas. Most conventional airsoft gasses contain more than enough lube to do the job of maintaining seals, some too much. Your best applying to the needed areas with the thick silicone oil or ptfe grease to keep your seals good. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, E21A said:

Is the main spring in the gearbox the only thing that can cause it to go twang and fire parts everywhere when you separate the casing? 

Yeah it is the main thing.

Put a screwdriver into the spring guide before separating the two halves and hold it in position. Be careful of the anti reversal latch spring as it is one of the most common lost parts.

28 minutes ago, E21A said:

Am I correct in thinking a consistent left curve on the BB is most likely a hop related issue? 

can also be a barrel issue . Either dirt or damage in the bore or crown. Can also be some thing fowling the exit, flash hider, suppressor or catching the outer barrel if poorly centered in the outer barrel. What's the gun?

48 minutes ago, heroshark said:

can also be a barrel issue . Either dirt or damage in the bore or crown. Can also be some thing fowling the exit, flash hider, suppressor or catching the outer barrel if poorly centered in the outer barrel. What's the gun?

It’s an a&k masada SPR. Barrel is throughly cleaned and centred as far as I can tell. No suppressor fitted. 

50 minutes ago, heroshark said:

not catching on the flash? If  then its the hop or barrel.

Nah no catching on the flash hider. I’ve ordered a Airsoft pro hop unit, feeding chamber and nozzle. Will get a zci barrel when they are back in stock. 

Thanks chaps 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters
16 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Who makes Socom Gear gbb pistols?

Is it WE?

Some, but not all. I had a Socom Gear M9A1 and it was pretty decent. They'd added an adjustable hop and tight bore barrel that the WE didn't have.