Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Head Moderator
On 17/08/2014 at 19:13, Finius said:

Ladies & Gents, as it has been suggested by several people and requested several times recently, I have decided to create a new Quick Questions thread.

We have two threads previously like this, but I've decided to make a new one with a little more structure.

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer. If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a thread to discuss it, and link the thread in your answer so everyone can find it.

This should keep it clear what's what. Thread will be periodically preened and cleaned, and I may, if the whim takes me, create a section in this post with all the questions and the best answers in expandable boxes so everyone can see them forever and ever and ever.

If your question or answer don't follow the requested template, I will either fix them if I like you, or delete them if I don't because no-one should have any difficulty getting it right after the first couple of attempts.

Here's an example of how I want this to look:

======================================================================

Hi everyone, what am best gnu?

Best gnu am banana.

Go wild kids.

A reminder of what this topic is for, hint - it is in the title.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a mobile friendly gun creator/builder out there? Tried using Puffin for Flash support on iOS but it’s tedious/unusable (Pimp My Gun, which hadn’t been updated since 2011 I think?)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what size grub screw the outer barrel of a Cyma 10.5 outer barrel takes?

Can't find my bloody measure and don't want to guess it or buy a metric box of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Q: Can anyone direct me to somewhere I could get CADPAT trousers ina long leg size (34" inner or above)?
     Alternatively can anyone put me in contact with someone who makes custom gear surplus or airsoft?

Cheers

• Moderators

• Moderators

i guess you could by a few and make your own ;) 

Try Mil1st, some sizes come up bigger / longer than are advertised, plus they have free returns ,so if no good so you wont be out of pocket if they look like shorts.

Done this many times with them :) 

If the get the right length, but wrong waist size, many dry cleaners do alterations, get a size as close as you can to what you need and get it altered.

Cheers

G

I have a 1600mAh NiMh 9.6v nunchuck battery and a ASG 30W/3a Lipo/life battery charger, can I use it to charge this battery? Do I charge it on the Life setting?

This is the charger:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-balance-charger-w-auto-stop-lipo-life

This is the battery:

http://www.nuprolairsoft.eu/index.php/consumables/batteries/nimh/weeu-1600mah-9-6v-nimh-nunchuck-type.html

• Supporters

no, it's just a lipo charger and it's not set up for charging nimh properly, you need a dedicated nimh charger.

it's one of the reasons a proper smart charger is reccommended a lot because those can charge lipo and nimh

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

no, it's just a lipo charger and it's not set up for charging nimh properly, you need a dedicated nimh charger.

it's one of the reasons a proper smart charger is reccommended a lot because those can charge lipo and nimh

Thank you will have a search to see which charger is recommended, thank you. what do you use?

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

IMAX B6AC genuine. Best charger for the money.

Thank you, what's the going price, to avoid the clones on ebay. Recommended seller? Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what balance charging board I need for the imax b6 AC V2 charger to charge up my mini tamiya batteries?

19 hours ago, tasum said:

Can anyone tell me what balance charging board I need for the imax b6 AC V2 charger to charge up my mini tamiya batteries?

Do you mean connector?

I bought a Tamiya to deans connector from ebay, I use these to charge my batteries with Tamiya conenctors, but most of mine have been converted to deans.

If you know how to solder, and have a soldering Iron, might be worth looking into that as an opton.

Don't cut both wires at the same time if you do, as it will fry the battery.

Cheers

G

Okay boys I have a question. (It is probably really stupid but I don’t want to buy the wrong thing) if I have a gun with CCW threads then do I need a suppressor with CW threads or CCW threads.

Many thanks

Solly

1 minute ago, Solly4568 said:

Okay boys I have a question. (It is probably really stupid but I don’t want to buy the wrong thing) if I have a gun with CCW threads then do I need a suppressor with CW threads or CCW threads.

Many thanks

Solly

CCW. Lots have CW one end, CCW the other. Make sure you get the right thread size as well, they’re not all 14mm

• Supporters

anyone know how standardised m4/16 outer barrels are?

i'm considering popping an m16 length barrel on my king arms reciever but need to know how specific i should be searching.