Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:47, Prisce said:

Erm, I remember reading/hearing somewhere that each mah was roughly equivalent to a shot. 

I do know you don’t want a 5500mah, you can ask me how i know, but the guns still in a melted mess somewhere.

Something between 2000-3000Mah would last you all day if you don’t use the party button.

2000-3000mAh probably won't fit in your handguard.

You want to look for a split pack so that both halves are fairly thin something like this is probably the biggest you could go to https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-split-pack.html 

That said a 1400mAh has lasted me all day just fine. If you're at the Mall you won't be using auto anyway so you should be fine.

5 hours ago, Aengus said:

Can a nozzle return spring be too strong? - "180%" nozzle return spring in stock gold match?

@Marc.RG1

Not sure, but the 120 - 150% work fine do I'm sure 180% would too. 

16 hours ago, Aengus said:

Can a nozzle return spring be too strong? - "180%" nozzle return spring in stock gold match?

@Marc.RG1

Not sure about the nozzle but if you use a weak/stock nozzle with a 140% recoil spring it can shatter the nozzle quick.
Perhaps the same can be said (however slower over time) for a 180% nozzle return spring? - Could be a worth a test :P

Is there any l85a2/l86a2(the lsw version) aeg's still being sold in the uk ? 

Or a gbbr version for that matter??

Thanks in advance even if it's a no.

- Wolf

ps. Sorry it ain't in red no clue how to on an iPhone !!

• Supporters
17 hours ago, TheWolf said:

Is there any l85a2/l86a2(the lsw version) aeg's still being sold in the uk ? 

Or a gbbr version for that matter??

Thanks in advance even if it's a no.

- Wolf

ps. Sorry it ain't in red no clue how to on an iPhone !!

Electric

Gas

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I've seen it suggested a lot for sniper rifles, but can't find out what it exactly means/how to do it....

Electrical tape barrel spacers???

Please help! 😄

Ha! It’s very easy.

Basically to keep the barrel dead straight, people wrap electrical/masking/PTFE tape around the inner barrel so it can’t move around in the outer barrel. And that’s it.

Does anyone know if the guys at [Redacted] who run the airsoft also run the paintball or are they two seperate companies?

Reason I ask is I accidentally booked in for paintball and they are refusing to move the date or change it to airsoft or even refund me. Kinda pissed that I just dropped £40 booking into the wrong bloody thing but I would have thought they 'd be more than happy to swap it around but they don't answer the phone and since my first email response telling me "tough titty" I've been met with nothing from them.

Edited by Duff
Name removed as incorrect and don't wish to name shame.

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Does anyone know if the guys at Red Alert who run the airsoft also run the paintball or are they two seperate companies?

Reason I ask is I accidentally booked in for paintball and they are refusing to move the date or change it to airsoft or even refund me. Kinda pissed that I just dropped £40 booking into the wrong bloody thing but I would have thought they 'd be more than happy to swap it around but they don't answer the phone and since my first email response telling me "tough titty" I've been met with nothing from them.

They sound a right cunch of bunts

5 minutes ago, E21A said:

They sound a right cunch of bunts

I know right? I should have just waited to book the 17th at Absolute, instead of contemplating this site. Their website is terrible and the main reason why I ended up booking the wrong thing.

Gonna try and get my bank to reverse the payment but not looking likely as I gave card details over the phone.

Just to clarify, I reserved on the site and then rang up and paid the £40 over the phone.

Edited by Duff
Clarification

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Does anyone know if the guys at Red Alert who run the airsoft also run the paintball or are they two seperate companies?

Hello Man,

My name is Barny I work at Red Alert and would like to solve this issue.

We are unaware of any bookings of this nature.

are you able to PM me on here to discuss this as we have never failed to refund anyone, And have never knowingly taken payment over the phone.

regards

Barny

3 hours ago, LordBeechey said:

Hello Man,

My name is Barny I work at Red Alert and would like to solve this issue.

We are unaware of any bookings of this nature.

are you able to PM me on here to discuss this as we have never failed to refund anyone, And have never knowingly taken payment over the phone.

regards

Barny

Hi Barney I've spoken to Dannyc and cleared things up.

7 minutes ago, E21A said:

What was the result? 

A clustrrfuck of confusion on my part. Apologies to Red Alert it was a different site whom shall remain nameless.

I got a holder with alligator clips to hold the wires while I solder, it's like having an extra pair of hands.

Make sure you have a good soldering iron that doesn't take ages to heat up the solder.

Cheers

G

Breaking in mid caps. 

Is is it a case of 10 in, let them out, 20 in let them out and so on? Do they need to stay in for any length of time? 

• Moderators

tbh, ive just loaded up on a game day (night before), and go play. I never really fill my mid caps to the limit as prefer to have slightly less in and reload more....better game play experience....but not done anything special and they are still working 2.5 years later :)

Probable noob question, but then it is me that is asking :D 

Does/Would a VSR barrel and hop unit fit in and be usable in an Ar15 body? Specifically my Falkor Defence Recce? 

image.png.35e9ff994233486004aaf24c32afa575.png

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Probable noob question, but then it is me that is asking :D 

Does/Would a VSR barrel and hop unit fit in and be usable in an Ar15 body? Specifically my Falkor Defence Recce? 

Nope, I'm afraid not

• Supporters

should the front of a vsr10 bolt have a pair of vent holes besides the hole through the nozzle?

seems to me it shouldnt, and the woeful lack of firing seems to agree

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

should the front of a vsr10 bolt have a pair of vent holes besides the hole through the nozzle?

seems to me it shouldnt, and the woeful lack of firing seems to agree

If you mean on the thinner part of the nozzle then no, if you mean two either side of it on the flat part of the front of the bolt that don't go all the way through then they're to help remove it 

Chuck a photo up if you can 👍