Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:27 PM, sonofsammo said:

Dynatex timed BFG - Is it just me, or are the pins shite?
Have used it twice. Each time the pin was very difficult to get in. On the third time, it bent pretty much in half.
Can anyone recommend a decent pin that's compatible , but won't break so easily please?

You're not wrong, they are shit. And so were the gen 1 SWAT VTG's, however they came out with an upgraded one a while back.
May be worth your while ordering a couple from SWAT?

• Root Admin

The pins on mine weren't too bad. I made more by buying some split pins and split rings/key rings. Cost about a fiver for 20 of them in the end. Also put heat shrink on the split rings to stop them making noise.

2 hours ago, proffrink said:

The pins on mine weren't too bad. I made more by buying some split pins and split rings/key rings. Cost about a fiver for 20 of them in the end. Also put heat shrink on the split rings to stop them making noise.

Some arrived today so I can do just that! 😄

Hi I’ve recently bought a Nuprol Delta Pioneer Defender and i was wondering if there’s any point changing the hop up and some other bits to make it a better gun or should I just leave it and save the money to get a better RIF?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jman90 said:

Hi I’ve recently bought a Nuprol Delta Pioneer Defender and i was wondering if there’s any point changing the hop up and some other bits to make it a better gun or should I just leave it and save the money to get a better RIF?

Yes to the second bit.

On the other hand a new inner barrel and a better hop rubber won't break the bank and can only improve the gun. As long as you don't throw too much turd glitter at it you'll be fine.

5 hours ago, Jman90 said:

Leave it stock.

Already has a tight bore barrel and the hop unit is good for .28s which it can fire a decent range with good accuracy.

Save your pennies up for your next RIF then keep this one as back up...

• Moderators

if its the ones i use, its a friction cap top, so id say no....ive seen lots of people thread it through webbing.....even molle on boonie hats!

7 minutes ago, djben9 said:

if its the ones i use, its a friction cap top, so id say no....ive seen lots of people thread it through webbing.....even molle on boonie hats!

Aha, that's... interesting shall we say? But thanks dude 😃

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Hamz said:

Can you set of a MK5 Thunderflash by shooting it? I want to thread mine through the webbing but I don't know if it's safe.

Not with an airsoft gun, no. In fact the main problem you'll have threading it through webbing is bending it when you move about.

1 minute ago, Lozart said:

Not with an airsoft gun, no. In fact the main problem you'll have threading it through webbing is bending it when you move about.

I think I should be okay. The vest I use is pretty solid and it's up on my chest where it's mounted. Fingers crossed

• Moderators

so thinking of getting a TM MK23....have chatted to Jedi about this and 'holsters' and he has mentioned one i like the look of

curious if anyone else has any suggestions for a holster for the MK23?.....so i don't do a 'sand job' to it like the IMI one i have for the glock! :lol:

12 minutes ago, djben9 said:

so thinking of getting a TM MK23....have chatted to Jedi about this and 'holsters' and he has mentioned one i like the look of

curious if anyone else has any suggestions for a holster for the MK23?.....so i don't do a 'sand job' to it like the IMI one i have for the glock! :lol:

DTD holster is amazing. It’s physically impossible to have a faster draw. Retention is 100% with no play and because of how it locks onto the gun you’re never going to get an “accidental discharge” despite the open nature of it 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

DTD holster is amazing. It’s physically impossible to have a faster draw. Retention is 100% with no play and because of how it locks onto the gun you’re never going to get an “accidental discharge” despite the open nature of it 

yeah thats the one Jedi mentioned :)

The only thing to consider is because it’s exposed, be mindful of its position on your belt. Too far forward (to which I don’t see anyone realistically doing) and you could damage the gun if you were to go prone/ roll around like a ninja lol

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The only thing to consider is because it’s exposed, be mindful of its position on your belt. Too far forward (to which I don’t see anyone realistically doing) and you could damage the gun if you were to go prone/ roll around like a ninja lol

thanks for that

roll around....yeah that wont happen with me! :lol:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, djben9 said:

You saw me and my DTD at tuddenham, can honestly say it’s perfect. There are others, but they are not as good in my eyes.

• Moderators

i did indeed!....tbh Larry was more of a draw!!!

cool, seems the way to go, just need to sort it out :lol:

Currently have a NiMH 1600 7.4 battery but struggling to get it inside the MOE guard so good as any reason to upgrade to a Lipo. My question is will a 8.4 1300 Lipo be adequate for my JG M4 mutant stepson?

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Duff said:

Currently have a NiMH 1600 7.4 battery but struggling to get it inside the MOE guard so good as any reason to upgrade to a Lipo. My question is will a 8.4 1300 Lipo be adequate for my JG M4 mutant stepson?

A 7.4V Lipo will be more than adequate for your JG.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:46 AM, Hamz said:

Can you set of a MK5 Thunderflash by shooting it? I want to thread mine through the webbing but I don't know if it's safe.

No problem, I’ve done it many times on molle

On a ‘safety’ basis they are better off threaded onto your webbing or vest the possibly in pouches and Definately better than in pockets

Its pretty obvious when they spark off so you have the chance of escaping by ripping it out of webbing or dropping your kit

They will be at risk of bending and breaking, but the worst I have had is to remove the striker.

When I was using lots of friction grenades I would also have a friction cap stuck to my belt and a lighter in my pocket.  If you haven’t kept hold of a striker then use your next one to strike it 

I prefer ringpulls now (obviously not flashbangs)

As above, though the Molle is the way to go. It can’t be lit for 2 reasons. One because the striker is the lid, protecting the fuse, but also the friction ignition is actually a chemical reaction between what’s on the fuse/what’s on the striker (phosphorus I believe) +heat from friction. The only way I could possibly see you having an accidental bang would be perhaps if someone threw pyro at you, and it exploded on an uncapped pyro on your molle. I’d argue that you’d have a better chance of winning the lottery. 

Keeping a striker on string/zip tie on your molle is also a good idea, as well as a lighter. I use one of those rechargeable arc lighters. It can be absolutely pissing down and it will reliably light. 

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:56, Prisce said:

A 7.4V Lipo will be more than adequate for your JG.

What mAh should I be looking at? Higher the better?

• Supporters

Erm, I remember reading/hearing somewhere that each mah was roughly equivalent to a shot. 

I do know you don’t want a 5500mah, you can ask me how i know, but the guns still in a melted mess somewhere.

Something between 2000-3000Mah would last you all day if you don’t use the party button.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:25, Duff said:

What mAh should I be looking at? Higher the better?