Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

14 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Wasn’t there an Airsoft stock checker website? @Samurai was the last to post something about it I think.

https://airsoftnation.co.uk/stockchecker/

This, probably?

4 hours ago, Corky2110 said:

Might I ask what this is for?

Just ease of research on different options I suppose - having everything in the same place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

IMI holster arrived for my TM G17 from UKT but I cannot slide it in :lol:..... on a serious note any ideas??!

i know someone will lower the tone!

• Moderators

Cheers P, I went to look for some sand paper after posting as seem to remember reading something similar somewhere 

keep me busy ‘while working from home tomorrow’ :lol:

give it a week and I’ll have a WE g17 in the ‘what have you bought thread’ :lol::lol:

My son has stolen a bit off my drop leg holster - so I currently can't use it as a drop leg, which means it won't attach to my battlebelt.
It's a Blackhawk! I got from our very own @Davegolf (and it was an awesome deal!).
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement strap and buckle to attach to the belt please?
TIA :D

4 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

My son has stolen a bit off my drop leg holster - so I currently can't use it as a drop leg, which means it won't attach to my battlebelt.
It's a Blackhawk! I got from our very own @Davegolf (and it was an awesome deal!).
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement strap and buckle to attach to the belt please?
TIA :D

Off the top of my head I’m going to guess it’s a 50mm buckle, unless from the manufacturer etc then I’d say to use a local fabric shop / habidashery or if you’re willing to do some sewing yourself then online

Something like this:

https://www.profabrics.co.uk/products/side-release-buckle-50mm

Then either double siding a bit of wide 50mm Velcro or strip of webbing strap

They may not stock the size & colour you want but it’s always worth taking the holster into your local fabric shop and they’ll either be able to order in and do a bit of sewing for you or refer you to a handy seamstress

Hi

You could make a velcro loop if you can stich it.

May look naff, but functional.

Cheers

G

• Moderators
On 17/04/2018 at 5:49 PM, proffrink said:

TM Glocks are ~1mm wider than real steel. WE etc. aren't.

You will need to sand the inside of the holster if you want to get it to fit.

When you say approx 1mm..... I’ve been sanding and it still doesn’t fit. More sanding it seems :lol: :lol:

Mmmmmm..... might WE it.....

• Moderators

Ok decided I could do with a black version of IMI type holster, what other brands are ideal and don’t require modding as I can’t be arsed to do it again!!!..... still not got  this one sorted yet.....kids :lol: :lol:

may just get a Glk 21 version as apparently bigger and the TM G17 fits ......

My WE based AW pistol came without an instruction manual and there is nothing online about essential things like hop up operation for example.

The hop up mechanism on mine is a semi circle. I assume that the old principle of clockwise for on/more and anticlockwise for off/less operates on all hop ups. Am I wrong to assume that?

What about the screw cut arrangements on muzzles. The most common size appears to be 14mm. If a barrel is said to have 14mm reverse thread, does that mean that attachments are screwed on in a clockwise direction?  Are not all muzzle threads reverse threaded?

Thanks for your help.

I always thought you adjusted your hop until the bb flies straight, rising up at the end of it's travel, then tweak it down until it's "straight."

Pretty sure 14mm is standard, as standard as standard gets in Airsoft.

Thanks for the replies.

Fire Support sells the manuals, but they have none in stock for the Hicap 5.1.

The hop up adjuster is shaped like the bottom half of a circle. I want to disable it, and then turn it on a little at a time to get the best setting. I guess that with the marker on the wheel completely to the left the hop up is off and that turning it to the right activated the hop. There is no way of seeing from the breech if it is on or off and removing the barrel and hop up unit is a tedious job. Even then I found it hard to see the movement of the hop.

10 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for the replies.

Fire Support sells the manuals, but they have none in stock for the Hicap 5.1.

The hop up adjuster is shaped like the bottom half of a circle. I want to disable it, and then turn it on a little at a time to get the best setting. I guess that with the marker on the wheel completely to the left the hop up is off and that turning it to the right activated the hop. There is no way of seeing from the breech if it is on or off and removing the barrel and hop up unit is a tedious job. Even then I found it hard to see the movement of the hop.

Hop up wheel is fairly straight forward, the arrow to the front is off, the arrow to the back is full.
Hicapas all that I've seen work best at around 55%

It's quite easy to test.. set the hop, shoot at a long range target and watch the bb, if it's too much, try the other way and vise versa.

I'm in the same position. Some might say I don't need boots at all since I am only playing CQB indoors. However I still need ankle protection. My right foot and ankle have been weak ever since I had spinal surgery over twenty years ago.

What I don't want is boots that that have huge heels, with little flex in the soles, and  weigh a ton. I don't care if they wear out quickly. If they are cheap enough, soft enough, and can be bent easily at the sole with your hands, they can be replaced as necessary.

So what I am looking for is something that looks like a boot and laces well above the ankle, but isn't really designed for hard conditions - an imitation boot if you like. 😄

Or trainers that run high up the calf.

Anybody got any ideas?

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I'm in the same position. Some might say I don't need boots at all since I am only playing CQB indoors. However I still need ankle protection. My right foot and ankle have been weak ever since I had spinal surgery over twenty years ago.

What I don't want is boots that that have huge heels, with little flex in the soles, and  weigh a ton. I don't care if they wear out quickly. If they are cheap enough, soft enough, and can be bent easily at the sole with your hands, they can be replaced as necessary.

So what I am looking for is something that looks like a boot and laces well above the ankle, but isn't really designed for hard conditions - an imitation boot if you like. 😄

Anybody got any ideas?

Going to suggest a strange one here, have you a sports soccer near you? 

Go go in and have a look at the Karimoor walking boots. 

I recently purchased a pair for Airsofting, they are light, weather proof, comfy and cheap! Go and give them a test though, I highly doubt you will not get on with them.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Anybody got any ideas?

I've just got a pair of Lowa Zephyrs, they're incredibly light but are still very much a boot. You could look at the Under Armour Valsetz range or if you're feeling flush and can find some, the Oakley SI range of tactical footwear.

Guest PT247
2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

dumb question- how do status update?

i click the box and it links me to my profile page which is a maze

on the forum brows page (where the other status's are in the sidebar, click on the bit above it where it says "what is on your mind"

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, PT247 said:

on the forum brows page (where the other status's are in the sidebar, click on the bit above it where it says "what is on your mind"

yeah, i do that and it links me straight to my profile page

edit: and now the text bar has dissappeared! i call shenanigans!