Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

looks like it would..... interesting idea....i have what looks like the rubber ear protectors used already that slide along a rail and then wear a half face mask.... this would be a better option :)

• Moderators

Are these....

http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/armalite-box-set-m4-mid-cap-m16-85rd-tan-x-10-armalite-11000-p.asp 

Still the ideal box set of mags that seem more universal??

need to get a set for my brothers ICS but he doesn’t want to spend loads

i remember a few members who seem to not be around anymore recommending them, checking if any newer experienced members have any comments??!!

• Moderators
On 10/02/2018 at 2:42 PM, djben9 said:

Seems most of the usual places are Out of stock of these so may have to pay the higher price :(

considering they are going in an ASG AR15, they should be fine.....i hope!

Have been reading a few older topics where some have had issues with other makes of AEGs so not sure how the ICS ones will behave.....

Did we ever get the AEG / Mag comparison chart done on here!! :) 

Hi guys, anyone know if night evolution lights fit real steal mount, eg haley strategic thorntails, dropwings, etc?

I have the M600 which is a surefire copy, but not too sure how it lines up with the real deal so don't want to drop 50 quid for a mount and it not to fit. 

Cheers

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, BernieMac said:

Hi guys, anyone know if night evolution lights fit real steal mount, eg haley strategic thorntails, dropwings, etc?

I have the M600 which is a surefire copy, but not too sure how it lines up with the real deal so don't want to drop 50 quid for a mount and it not to fit. 

Cheers

You could always get the FMA copy of the thorntail....

But my NE M300C fits my FMA Thorntail so...

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The answer to your next question is - I got mine from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-thorntail-mount.html

What's the best way to make an indoor shooting range? What materials do I use? And what can I use to make sure bbs don't fly everywhere? I need something that can catch bbs when they ricochet. Lastly, what's best to use for targets??

Many thanks,

New Airsofter

Salz007

On 14/02/2018 at 4:44 PM, Lozart said:

On 14/02/2018 at 5:22 PM, Lozart said:

The answer to your next question is - I got mine from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-thorntail-mount.html

Good shout, will give them a look and see what I can find, cheers!

11 minutes ago, Duff said:

Is there a recommended way to dispose of used Co2 cartridges?

I was under the impression that an empty metal canister could be recycled, then again some sites put them in general waste bins...

The Depot (Glasgow) have started to collect them and use them to weigh down props for the "Must have 2 people lift" - in theory so it really does need two people to lift! (also loud, which is another cool in-game factor).

Probably not helpful but I think the answer is, no there's no special way like batteries.

1 minute ago, Corky2110 said:

I was under the impression that an empty metal canister could be recycled, then again some sites put them in general waste bins...

The Depot (Glasgow) have started to collect them and use them to weigh down props for the "Must have 2 people lift" - in theory so it really does need two people to lift! (also loud, which is another cool in-game factor).

Probably not helpful but I think the answer is, no there's no special way like batteries.

I should have just used Google, they're recycled like any other scrap metal. I guess I will save them up until I have half a ton then sell them for scrap and buy something with it!

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

I should have just used Google, they're recycled like any other scrap metal. I guess I will save them up until I have half a ton then sell them for scrap and buy something with it!

You'll need a lot of canisters to be able to sell them! haha,

Good luck to you :P 

5 hours ago, Corky2110 said:

You'll need a lot of canisters to be able to sell them! haha,

Good luck to you :P 

I just spoke to a very helpful bloke from this company:

https://www.handsmetals.co.uk/scrap-metal-prices/

Who advises they take empty non valve cartridges and the minimum weight to recycle is 1kilo. According to their price chart, a tonne of ally would net anywhere between £400-800 GBP.

Just now, Duff said:

I just spoke to a very helpful bloke from this company:

https://www.handsmetals.co.uk/scrap-metal-prices/

Wwho advises they take empty non valve cartridges and the minimum weight to recycle is 1kilo. According to their price chart, a tonne of ally would net anywhere between £400-800 GBP.

That all sounds good till you realise that's 83-84,000 canisters... :lol:

Suppose after a few months of heavy Co2 use you could make a few bucks back.

oh god this sounds like what happens at my work when we get loads of scrapped copper lol. Chop it up, distribute it amongst workers, sell it to the recycling companies who melt it and and remake it as new bars... Granted with copper you hit the weight very easily lol. CO2 cartridges would take a lot longer. (Unless you have lots of co2 users i guess)

I'm looking at adding NPAS to my G5 - but the wording on this confuses me.
Specifically:
"Please note that this nozzle will only allow adjustability below what can be expected from a standard factory version."
But if you have a DMR or Carbine kit, the FPS goes up - So I would have thought you could use the nozzle to vary anywhere between factory standard and upper limit of the conversion?
So - what does it actually mean?
TIA

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 07.49.46.png

whatever fps/energy you get with your standard nozzle or lower so all this will do is reduce fps from what you already have, it won't increase it.

3 hours ago, PT247 said:

whatever fps/energy you get with your standard nozzle or lower so all this will do is reduce fps from what you already have, it won't increase it.

Now that's what I don't understand.
If my stock gun shoots at 320fps and the DMR ups it to 400fps, then I would have thought the whole point of an NPAS was that you would be able to get anywhere from 400fps downwards?
Otherwise why would anyone bother?

Are there other NPAS units available that would actually work in the range between what the DMR is capable of and lower?
Any ideas much appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...