Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Moderators
On 09/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, djben9 said:

radio users....

currently using standard UV5r ear piece and mic....

Looking on the web and here, i'd prefer something low profile as i wear the V2 mask that protects your ears (very useful on sunday!)

are there any good in ear pieces that would fit and would i still need some kind of PTT?...... the current mic is fiddly with gloves and when the cable gets caught!.....other issue is i tend to swap headgear often so something that's easy with cap / boonie and fast helmet....

probably similar to this.....

http://hwairsoft.com/airsoft-low-profile-helmet-integrated-headset-boom-mic-radio-black-z/

still browsing so may find an answer.

anyone any advice?? :) 

Do the throat mikes work well

see something on Zero ones website

although cheap its probably gonna break!

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=300&products_id=4658

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=300&products_id=1532

3 minutes ago, djben9 said:

anyone any advice?? :) 

Do the throat mikes work well

see something on Zero ones website

although cheap its probably gonna break!

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=300&products_id=4658

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=300&products_id=1532

From people that have told me throat mic's are wank. Dont bother.

Personally I run the normal low profile D shape in ear piece that came with my UV5R but then I run slimmer style gloves also (pig gloves) running it through my PC in a way that the wires don't get caught up is pretty easy and the PTT for these can then be rigged to your shoulder pad or the area where your PC sits under your neck. 

Only other option really from what you've described is going with a different covert earpiece that has a bigger PTT (think of the ones you usually see bouncers wear, cant recall the name)

• Moderators

cheers, sounds like we are set up very similar, i may have to zip tie the last part of the cable to by rig better

just annoying when i go to use the radio and the little PTT has moved! :lol:

Just now, djben9 said:

cheers, sounds like we are set up very similar, i may have to zip tie the last part of the cable to by rig better

just annoying when i go to use the radio and the little PTT has moved! :lol:

Have you considered headset style ear pro? easily attached to helmets if thats what you run, you can get amplified PTT's from a few places like toy soldier etc that connect to baofeng and not knowing what your budget is like you could go for either something like z-tac (copies of the MSA sordins or MSA sordins (or similar)

• Moderators

yeah ive had a look, not really decided on a solution yet as i like to wear different headwear in games so was looking for a multi use one.....although i have looked at them again this morning! :lol::lol:

ill see how next game goes and ask a few radio uses what they use etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

anyone know the sizes of military smoke grenades etc....
after a few WAS ones but they need to fit 55dia x 100mm high...and no sizes on site i can see...

similar to this

https://www.uktactical.com/p-8093-warrior-smoke-grenade-pouch-gen-2-coyote-tan.aspx

https://www.uktactical.com/p-4468-warrior-smoke-grenade-and-phos-pouch-coyote-tan.aspx

• Moderators

another...

does anyone here have ESSv12 or similar goggles or Revision googles / sawflies?? 

What do you use to clean the lens??. I recently used Abbey lens cleaner on my V12s and it kinda made the coating (or something) peel off....so had to get a new pair and didn't try it on the revisions....

last time i just used warm water, wasnt great, but wondering if general washing up liquid would be ok?....dont wanna mess up the coating and have to buy another lens!

I personally use luke warm soapy water to clean the lenses on my revision bullet ant goggles. I then follow this with fairy washing up liquid on its own to prevent fogging. This approach doesn't seem to damage them, or at least it hasn't so far. I haven't had any experience with any specific lens cleaning solutions.

that's my 2p worth anyway, I hope that helps.

• Moderators

Cheers I’ll give it a go. 

Currently using Abbey so called anti fog spray on my eye pro.... but with a game once every 6 to 10 weeks it takes a while to find a good solution for me.... currently fogtexh wipes 

• Moderators

Sights....

The replica sights with the Fibre optic type illuminator....how good a they?, as in do they retain any 'illumination' when in darker areas or is it bet to avoid?.....especially as its a replica!

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

Sights....

The replica sights with the Fibre optic type illuminator....how good a they?, as in do they retain any 'illumination' when in darker areas or is it bet to avoid?.....especially as its a replica!

How good they are depends on what works for you

A fibre optic needs ambient light to light it up and ‘glow’ so in the dark it’s just whatever plain colour 

• Moderators

Thanks Tommikka, thought that was the case. :)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, djben9 said:

Sights....

Generally the repro ACOGs with fibre optics don't work very well, the reticle will illuminate great when there's loads of ambient light and you don't need it... as soon as it's a bit dark they fall over.  

Real Trijicon ones don't fare a huge amount better, but Trijicon have the budget and know how to put tritium back up illumination into their optics so they'll work day and night. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 0:42 PM, Lollingsgrad said:

I've searched and the last mention of the subject seemed over a year ago; I use  0.25g ASG Blaster BBs but would like to switch to some kind of bio BB, could you recommend me a brand that won't jam my tightbored LCT?

Stay away from bio's..that's it..:)

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Can really strong magnets mess up a GBB pistol or rifle?

It was actually a trick folk would do with the KC-02 is to use a strong magnet in the bolt to turn it into a single shot rather than semi so they could run bolt action fps

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Can really strong magnets mess up a GBB pistol or rifle?

If your planning on doing what I think your doing, which I am attempting to do myself, it depends on a lot of factors. Think I have it sorted to work on my sniper. But GBB may have a few issues, not entirely sure on the internals so can’t be specific.

8 hours ago, Prisce said:

If your planning on doing what I think your doing, which I am attempting to do myself, it depends on a lot of factors. Think I have it sorted to work on my sniper. But GBB may have a few issues, not entirely sure on the internals so can’t be specific.

I think that you are on spot on the thing that you think I am thinking of trying. However the thing that you think Im thinking of trying might just work since the gun that Im thinking of buying has no internal parts in the buttstock. So Im thinking of hanging it from the buttstock and I’m thinking of having a support on the barrel. What do you think?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

. What do you think?

Possibly, I was going to put dual mounts in the stock of mine, one just above the trigger and one at the end of the stock just before it’s just barrel, you have to even out the weight distribution and have enough area for the pull to actually keep it there. 

16 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Possibly, I was going to put dual mounts in the stock of mine, one just above the trigger and one at the end of the stock just before it’s just barrel, you have to even out the weight distribution and have enough area for the pull to actually keep it there. 

I got the idea from watching Novritsch video on how to sling a rifle:

If you watch the entire video, notice how the buttstock is always on the same spot. I plan to put a mount there. And then one around at where my barrel ends.

• Supporters

4 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I got the idea from watching Novritsch video on how to sling a rifle.

Ha. I got the idea from trying to bring a BASR and AEG into the field on straps, and could not do it easily. Haven’t actually started building the  mount, but I know what I’m buying and how it’s going to go together. Just need to get the WAS OD Plate Carrier and I’ll begin the putting together.