Airsoft Forums UK

Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Does anyone know if the Airsoft Mechanics forum is still active?

I tried registering a couple of weeks ago but still haven't got access. :(

TIA

Phil

• Moderators

ok, looking for a small aiming type laser for top of M4. Dont need torch really, as have one as part of grip or anything else, was looking at a PEQ10?. Are they ok?, small?, or maybe this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Slide-Mounted-Laser-Sight-For-Airsoft-Golf-GBBs-WE-TM-VFC-STARK-/172048696064?hash=item280ee6c300:g:zx4AAOSwX~dWh9vn

mmmmm weird, PC let me write in red, without typing on screen backwards! and post a link with no hassle!!!

ok, looking for a small aiming type laser for top of M4. Dont need torch really, as have one as part of grip or anything else, was looking at a PEQ10?. Are they ok?, small?, or maybe this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-Slide-Mounted-Laser-Sight-For-Airsoft-Golf-GBBs-WE-TM-VFC-STARK-/172048696064?hash=item280ee6c300:g:zx4AAOSwX~dWh9vn

mmmmm weird, PC let me write in red, without typing on screen backwards! and post a link with no hassle!!!

I was thinking of getting the same for the October weekender (shame you both can't make it & I'll have to break in a new OC & 2IC lol)

Not many sites allow them if aircraft are always around

• Moderators

I've checked where I go and they are ok with them, well certain classes of course 🙂

Don't worry, I'm not that stupid to shine at aircraft but we all know there are idiots out there

• Supporters

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=G+P+Compact+Dual+Laser+Destinator+Black+GP+LSP007BK

G&P DBAL compact is pretty rock solid.

• Moderators

Cheers, I'll take a look 🙂

Thanks for your help

• Supporters

Not worth £120 then?

Not worth £1. Useless as a sniper rifle out of the box, breaks quickly and there are no parts for it to upgrade or replace the broken ones. Not compatible with anything.

The position of the front sling mount is unique to this, if you see that, it's this model. It's an AGM originally.

Not to mention that you can get a brand new Bar-10 for that price and that's a great choice. When it is in stock in Poland that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of these 2 pistols what would you have an why?

WE Hi Capa 4.3 or WE M9A1 Marine Version

Hi Capa every time just for the availability of repair/maintenance/upgrade parts for it compared to the M9, also i believe its compatible with 90% of Hi Capa mags/parts/accessories for the TM version aswell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Are fan goggles worth while?

Yes. They reduce fogging. Being able to see more clearly means they are worth the cost.

• Moderators

Yes in a way but mine still have a bit of fogging towards top of lense if a warm day and no air flow , I use fogtech wipes. Smiths are supposed to be better but have been told there is a 12 week wait, I have revisions with another thermal lens, also removing the foam helps 🙂

TBH recent I've just been using my V12s more with a bit of a wipe and not had any issues except the usual droplet here and there, which I also get with my revs

Hey all

Whats the best position to put a dump pouch on a battle belt? Cant decide if it should be at the side or on the back?

Im only carrying a space for my trmr when it comes and a double m4 pouch. May possibly take out a pistol holster if i feel like i need it.

Thanks

Wherever works for you, I prefer mine just covering my left arse cheek. That's just because that's what I'm used to though, whatever works for you!

Ahh i spose so. Not sure which i prefer i think ill keep it on the side for now till o get more stuff to make it look leas bare. Just finding some of the molle to vary in size and struggle to attach some stuff. Zip ties maybe?

There's nothing wrong with bare molle! If you're putting pouches on just to fill loops you're doing it wrong.

I like things to be equal aha hate having things not matching and etc so gotta try balance it out fml

• Supporters

I like things to be equal aha hate having things not matching and etc so gotta try balance it out fml

A good useable setup by its very nature will not be even or symmetrical. Bear in mind that your pouches for your primary mags want to be nearer your off hand side to make it easier to grab the mags in a hurry and it'll become apparent that your rig may well end up a bit one sided!

As for the dump pouch, think about how you'll use it - assuming you're right handed, you'll take the empty mag from the gun and move it to where the pouch is. If the pouch is right around the back then you'll have to stretch further to get the mag in. Like, JCheese mine sits left of centre for that very reason. You may even find that you don't even use it - I often just re-insert my empties back into a mag pouch.

a quick question

Im struggling finding an optic i like for my scorp evo, how good are lasers? can you adjust them so your bullets seem to hit near enough the laser so i can hip fire as such?

thanks