Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Forgot to add this to last post:

You could pick up a used TM pistol for £50-80 depending on how good your haggling skills are.

Where can you get guns second hand? I've looked on eBay but it doesn't look like people can sell them there.

• Supporters

this might be better:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/y-p-gg-105-beretta-92-replica-gas-pistol-in-blue.html

mags are gg-104 - gun pictured is in fact a 104
the 105 has a small rail underneath
they are SRC's rebranded as Stti, HFC or others like Y&P
The important thing before buying stuff is check availability of spare mags...
No point buying a gun and can't get another mag if you lose/break the mag, seals can leak but can be repaired (o-ring)
mags are gg-104 and go in both the gg-104 & 105
there is a co2 version - gc-105, exact same gun just comes with a co2 bulb mag instead of green gas mag
all interchangeable so in effect you can buy gc-105 & gg-104 and swap the mags about blah blah blah blah blah blah
but spare gg-104 mags can be bought reasonably cheap and do exist - rare for cheap guns but they do crop up now n then:
if you had ukara:
or
or mk23:
or go nutz and get a WE Glock full auto for £75:
get what you want or can afford, check out if you can get a spare mag if possible
but end of day £30 for a cheapy pistol is fine, heck I wasted a lot more at JBBG / BBGuns4Less and got little use out of it before it broke to pieces - so even a £30 pistol and bin it if it goes pear shape - it is hardly getting mugged over like many of us have been from BB sites

• Supporters

Hmmmm uhmmm erghhh yeah I guess it can be done

but tbh if when/brushes wear out - that is when you raid the old lame stock ferrite motors

(always wondered why brushes had such thin copper strands carrying the current to them but truth be told the whole of the motor's terminal is live anyway but did wonder if a thicker copper lead/strand would help conduct more juice to actual brushes - after running the wires in 16awg with as few joins as possible to reduce any possible resistance)

if people wanna go nutz they can recut the communator after a couple of brush replacements

rebuild frankentorque motors with neodym magnets:

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/gearbox-parts/custom-n52-aeg-motor-magnets.html

nice basic non-ab mosfets btw:

http://www.firestormsystems.com/shop/electronics/mosfet-switch.html

anyway back on track - yes suppose you could rebuild and customise/repair motors

but tbh - often I'd just buy another £20 to £30 neodym and be done with it

I spend way too much time tinkering than getting out and playing

• Supporters

ASG / Armalite's 85 or 120rnd mid caps:

They are very popular midcaps and work in most guns

(M4's I mean - taking the pi$$ if you expect them to work in AK's)

10 x 120/140 rnd mags for about £50 is worth a shot

easy to flogg on in case your gun doesn't like them

Ok grey or tan plastic mags but wtf do ya expect for the price

do work very well for most people - but like many mags there is always a few guns that may not like them

though think in general most M4's will love them

• Moderators

was going to ask the same!....oh and if ok for ICS aegs as well??

Edit..

ok ive found them :)

• Root Admin

What's the difference between double and single action on those gas guns?

Double action means when you pull the trigger you both cock and release the hammer (i.e. two 'actions'). Single action means you just release the hammer/striker.

Single action is generally more desirable as it's quicker to shoot and just all round more pleasant as a rule because you don't have to apply much pressure to the trigger. In a single action it's generally the slide moving back that resets the hammer for you instead of you having to do it yourself. E.g. Glock, M9, 1911 - basically any modern pistol can fire in single action. A lot of them will only fire in single action.

Non-blow back pistols are almost always double action as there's no slide resetting the hammer. Blow back are almost always single action. E.g. TM Mk. 23 and most revolvers.

You also have guns that can fire in double or single action like the M9. You can have it uncocked and still pull the trigger back to both pull back and release the hammer (like a double action). As soon as you fire that first BB or bullet, the slide comes back and you're in single action until you run out of ammo.

You can also manually pull the hammer back on most revolvers and then fire it single action, but obviously there's no blow-back system like a slide to reset the hammer so you'll need to do it every shot or go double action. Some revolvers will only do single action and you have to manually pull the hammer back for every shot.

This whole thing really matters more with real steel than it does in airsoft, but for CQB you'd likely want a single action pistol for quicker response and to stop your finger from getting too tired (heh).

• Supporters

cheers proffink, I didn't have a feckin' scooby doo what that all meant until you cleared that up....

I just pull the trigger = one action

maybe if my aim was kinda on target - thought that was the 2nd action

squealing like a girl as I beat a hasty retreat - yup that's my 3rd action

• Moderators

airsoft zone

haha don't worry, we had a google search and came across a few and one cheaper from memory :)

• Supporters

Ahh, that makes sense. How do you attach it to the gun without a carabiner? Is the sling too short?

The one you linked is as per the video posted above, I have this one http://ferroconcepts.com/collections/slings/products/lw-mops-molle-one-point-sling-1 (which is longer and has a clip to attach to the weapon).

The one you linked is as per the video posted above, I have this one http://ferroconcepts.com/collections/slings/products/lw-mops-molle-one-point-sling-1 (which is longer and has a clip to attach to the weapon).

Thanks for that link. Ferro seem to make real nice kit. For the same price though, I could get the full WAS kits. Which would you rather have? In terms of light and functional load carriers.

Reviews on BB King seem to be good, anyone tried these here? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBs-polished-6mm-airsoft-bulk-discount-20g-25g-30g-precision-BB-2500-80000-/171777026308?var=&hash=item27feb56904:m:mZWb2ZZHXlZ4R3qtVuPa-dQ

• Supporters

Thanks for that link. Ferro seem to make real nice kit. For the same price though, I could get the full WAS kits. Which would you rather have? In terms of light and functional load carriers.

Ferro DO make nice gear. As for me? I have WAS gear (901 chest rig and back plate) and it's great. Probably heavier than things like the Slickster or the WAS CPC but it works for me.

• Moderators

Indeed the 901 and back plate make a nice combo. I also have the CPC , but it's functionality is different as low profile, ideal if you want to look like you're just walked in off the street 🙂

Is that a question? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure:

how do i allign the selector gears on my ak

Nonetheless, it's fixed now. I had some grease remaining from my gearbox so I had to type less. Thanks for helping though, definitely an admirable comment you have there.