Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Gate everytime unless you want to fork out for a spectre. If the fet fails under normal usage they replace it for free, makes it kind of a no brainer.

Isn't that only for a year though? Do you have to ship it back to retailer or manufacturer?

Seriously though, the gate aab is popular, but there are no installs on it. can only find installs for the SSR and other makes - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gate+nanoab+install

Can't do red I'm on mobile

Hi, I'm looking around for a cheap springer shotgun around £30-40, maybe £50 if I have to that's decent quality. Preferably I'd have a gun that shoots more than 1 bb per shot but all the ones like that I've seen have been around £50-60. So far I'm considering the AGM shorty, something from the de m47 range, de m56 or de m58. I know the m56 is the best way up of those, but it is a bit above my budget and it doesn't have any sort of sights. How useful are sights, are they important on a gun like this? I've been told that I should spend around £35-40 minimum on a springer shotgun, so would that mean that any gun in that price range would be ok or does it vary by brand? I've seen a lot of guns by bison, are they any good? And I know the de m47 range are cheaper guns, are they any good?

I'm not needing a skirmishable gun, just something to use in the garden or whatever that would be a more fair match against my friends 350fps sniper than my current 180fps springer pistol ;)

• Supporters

Isn't that only for a year though? Do you have to ship it back to retailer or manufacturer?

Seriously though, the gate aab is popular, but there are no installs on it. can only find installs for the SSR and other makes - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gate+nanoab+install

Never had one actually fail but would imagine you send it back to the point of sale. Its exactly the same as any double signal wire mosfet to install.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+install+a+gate+mosfet&prmd=vsin&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx3srN0P_MAhWrDMAKHducApEQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=530&dpr=4

http://www.gatee.eu/technical-support

I am sure that one of the videos will point you in the right direction.

Anything else you are getting a bill for my time ☺

• Supporters

A seperate mosfet is same install as all others - end of

only exceptions are going to be internal types like spectre ascu or poxy ares/G&G etu malarky

tbh you probably best start a new thread, me personally I'd ease up on juice if gun is often double firing

firstly that is likely to getting close PE if firing 2 shots on semi very often

a decent burst on auto may strip your piston or smash your gears to f*ck

using an AB to counterbalance a gun not fully prepared for high rof/response is not wise imho

Also depending on rof - which you do not state rof or lipo or gearing/motor etc.....

plus if she is double firing I do not wish to know in case by sustained auto she craps out - 1 minor jam can cause havoc even well built high speed builds

As you approach 40rps the old school trigger system can also start to show its age as the mechanical raising of cut off lever to release sprung trolley may not always work 101% flawlessly every time - there is a limit to ye olde trigger switch setup - hence the arrival of non-mechanical switching mosfet/switch units like BTC ASCU etc... for the really mental speed/response freaks out there.

Yes I know plenty use AB mosfets - nowt wrong with that, but a little overspin is fine

do not confuse overspin with nozzle being retracted - that is normal

overspin to me is when piston is say getting piston half retracted or seen in rear box window if gearbox has window

double firing though is way too much overspin - probably hitting 30rps+ most likely on 11.1v

also with that much overspin that she is cycling twice by either running that fast or on a light spring you "may" still get some overspin even with AB

(I said may coz depends a lot on motor's torque if it can slow/stop THAT quickly in reverse polarity against speed it was travelling at)

If your gun is double firing on semi very often and you propose to remedy this by AB fet

then me personally sounds like using using a m120 to get around a bad seal that fires at say 270fps on m100 spring

but a mosfet is a mosfet really - 2 ways to wire in, 2 wire mosfet install = supply/signal wire usually done with dedicated wire or rewiring the gun

or

1 wire install usually when using most of existing wiring in gun, 2 posi wires on same switch contact & other contact is the signal wire back to mosfet

That is it really - 2 ways to wire them in - either/or depending if rewiring gun or not is why people use this or that method mainly

• Supporters

Can't do red I'm on mobile

Hi, I'm looking around for a cheap springer shotgun around £30-40, maybe £50 if I have to that's decent quality. Preferably I'd have a gun that shoots more than 1 bb per shot but all the ones like that I've seen have been around £50-60. So far I'm considering the AGM shorty, something from the de m47 range, de m56 or de m58. I know the m56 is the best way up of those, but it is a bit above my budget and it doesn't have any sort of sights. How useful are sights, are they important on a gun like this? I've been told that I should spend around £35-40 minimum on a springer shotgun, so would that mean that any gun in that price range would be ok or does it vary by brand? I've seen a lot of guns by bison, are they any good? And I know the de m47 range are cheaper guns, are they any good?

I'm not needing a skirmishable gun, just something to use in the garden or whatever that would be a more fair match against my friends 350fps sniper than my current 180fps springer pistol ;)

me personally - get a £30 or so green gas non-blow-back pistol and tear his ar$e up with quick bursts

(please wear good eye-pro ffs)

x

I have a 25 RPS setup. Put thousands of rounds into it and the gearbox has no internal wear. No Piston marks or gear marks whatsoever. My old MOSFET quit on me though. What's so bad about AB Mosfets anyway? Could get a fire support systems £10 FET too, but prefer having AB so I don't worry about countering double shooting.

Having looked into it, a Jefftron v2 drop in is about £50 with a 2 year warranty. Don't think It gets better at that price. Would love burst fire too :P

• Supporters

I have a 25 RPS setup. Put thousands of rounds into it and the gearbox has no internal wear. No Piston marks or gear marks whatsoever. My old MOSFET quit on me though. What's so bad about AB Mosfets anyway? Could get a fire support systems £10 FET too, but prefer having AB so I don't worry about countering double shooting.

Having looked into it, a Jefftron v2 drop in is about £50 with a 2 year warranty. Don't think It gets better at that price. Would love burst fire too :P

AB fet's can make motors run a little warmer due to reverse polarity, some may hint at possible shortening the lifespan of motor.

25rps is not what I would expect to be regularly double firing at tbh except on say longer barrel AK where a m95 spring will get near 350fps and thus more likely to double fire more due to lighter spring

End of the day, it is entirely up to people what they do with your gun, to me firing two shots regularly on semi is not wise long term as gun is cycling too fast to complete just one cycle like intended.

That is a clear fact

You may be getting away with it but the gun is talking to you none the less, I'm just pointing that bit out very clearly

But if you are getting away firing two shots on semi, all no wear or riskyness you have no need to worry is all I can say

AB fet's can make motors run a little warmer due to reverse polarity, some may hint at possible shortening the lifespan of motor.

25rps is not what I would expect to be regularly double firing at tbh except on say longer barrel AK where a m95 spring will get near 350fps and thus more likely to double fire more due to lighter spring

End of the day, it is entirely up to people what they do with your gun, to me firing two shots regularly on semi is not wise long term as gun is cycling too fast to complete just one cycle like intended.

That is a clear fact

You may be getting away with it but the gun is talking to you none the less, I'm just pointing that bit out very clearly

But if you are getting away firing two shots on semi, all no wear or riskyness you have no need to worry is all I can say

well... what did you do about it with your m95 on your ak?

• Supporters

Using 18:1 gears plastic gearbox and very fast motor hitting 24.8rps she started double fire now n then

This was using a 7.4v 30c lipo

Use a 20c lipo or accept a bit of overspin on 25c on 7.4v fresh off charge

This was an AK 12 black viper project, full cylinder not sure if it was 509 or 455 barrel I put in there

But keeping her low 20's got her to behave

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/23635-first-ak12-in-production/page-5

Really should start another thread though as with my replies it's turning into war n peace novel that a quick Question & Answer

Can confirm, my gun died on me today. Gearbox fully locked up towards the end of the day, havnt had a chance to take it apart and inspect the damage yet. For those wondering I put a Lonex A1 Titan motor into a Krytac SPR because the 20k motor was getting very hot during semi fire. I run an 11.1c 20c Lipo. I think I'll grab one of those AB mosfets haha.

- Ant

• Supporters

Can confirm, my gun died on me today. Gearbox fully locked up towards the end of the day, havnt had a chance to take it apart and inspect the damage yet. For those wondering I put a Lonex A1 Titan motor into a Krytac SPR because the 20k motor was getting very hot during semi fire. I run an 11.1c 20c Lipo. I think I'll grab one of those AB mosfets haha.

- Ant

Dont need an abfet you just need the right motor. A1 is high speed and what you have probably got is pre-engagement. Your piston will be probably be dead but everything else should be ok. Try the A2 or A3 motor instead.

A1's are best left on the shelf unless you are building a dedicated high speed box.

• Supporters

tbh - a safe bet would be shs torque or some sort of balanced motor if running 11.1v

faster motors will run warmer or hot - the shs torque is supposed to 16tpa like a zci balanced but pinion on shs is better reviews say

if you got a Krytac - why would bother to rip out/disable the 3034 for the sake of AB, then have to place the AB fet somewhere

The Go-Faster boy racer in all of us wants insane rof/response but at what cost/risk ???

I've finally come to the conclusion on just how fast it is worth pushing UK spec guns....

30rps is about the limit you are going to hit with major work or major f*ckups - and I done a "few"

Yes you can Shortstroke a bit, you can add spacers - which in effect are just putting back spring compression from the missing teeth you removed

But end of the day, unless you are going to do a big amount of work you will be lucky to get much past 30rps on a "normal" UK SSG setup without overspin/pre-cocking/double firing/risk of PE etc.....

Plus torquey motors and slightly faster gears will draw less amps so battery lasts longer and give off less heat

Go a bit nutz if you like - but don't go completely f*cking mental or insane on our UK guns is what I have found out the hard way

I'm no expert - far from it, but it is easy to go tooooooo mad is what I'm saying

your piston could of just stripped on its own or stuff like that but people really need to fully understand the risk of PE

Once they have got their heads around how/why it happens and how close some high rof guns can get...

Then ease up a bit, replace with full metal rack for durability but now you are a little wiser to not take the pi$$ so much

So will reduce risk of PE but going a little less crazy, build remains durable and lasts longer

Yes any risk of PE with metal rack is dangerous as no weak point so you could smash piston gears pinion up if PE occurs

but you are bit wiser so you shouldn't be going too mad so jog on chaps in ya 20's is my thought

Yes I may push to 40 for a laugh now n then but if I want it to last a bit I keep it 30 or just under in my last couple of builds with torque rather than speed motors - the current draw makes quite a difference not using higher speed motors - well winter I might like my hands warmed up from hot motors but in general it is true - balanced motors is what you really should be using

• Supporters

lol

Reason why I pushing SHS Torque is they are cheap £25-£30 and easy to get hold of

They draw about 2/3 of amps of much faster motors so should get more life out of lipo for about maybe 15% lower fire rate than riskier faster motors

SHS gears over zci anyday - if stock gears are knackered grab a 16:1 or 13:1 if you are rebuilding - otherwise leave it as is tbh

(if it ain't broke etc....)

shs blue metal rack pistons if you keep the speed sensible - they are nice and can see why so many use them

(don't think about blue pistons with plastic teeth - they shred like f*ck even if kept at moderate speeds)

you can get say up to 27rps on 12:1 with torque motor on just 7.4v - that is fresh off charge 7.4v 25c lipo

or

get just over 30-32rps if you like everything running very warm to hot and your 7.4v draining quicker

so I'm tending to go a little bit easy from now on and realise it isn't the gun's performance that needs improving....

It is simply MY OWN SKILLS that still suck and 20's is plenty for many of us

• Supporters

I got the A1 because it was listed as the balence motor, I'll recheck when I get a chance.

- Ant

Yeah I got caught out with that before a1 balanced/a2 high torque/a3 high speed but its actually the tpa that counts not the description. Although the a1 is listed as high speed & high torque on some websites.

I use this list

http://ewairsoft.com/index.php/forum/47-aeg-aep/9337-motor-tpa-information-and-estimated-tpa

According to that the a1 has lower tpa so is faster than the a3 that is listed as high speed. I found it after having overspin problems with an A1 I bought.

Of course that list could be wrong as well but I generally just use the a2 I only tried the a1 and a3 once but wasn't overly impressed by either.

Its a bit confusing with lonex but I prefer the asg motors over lonex lately.

Edit; Just found this

post-10973-0-89011900-1464587048_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

What kind of range would that get? And why gas not electric?

A good, upgraded TM MK23 can shoot a human target multiple times at 80m. This was on a range built in a hangar for airsoft accuracy and range testing.

• Supporters

don't get co2 pistol, often too hot to use

electric pistol like a cyma glock aep is popular but often only 200fps

gas guns are normally what most use work well except in really really cold conditions

mags hold about 20-25 bb's, no need to buy £75+ blowback when there are some decent non-blowbacks about

often popular models are MK23 @ about £45 or GG-104 or GG-105 m92 type for around £30

(green gas req, can use propane if people really use their pistols a lot but reckon you will be ok with can of Green Gas)

think you will be quite happy with its performance for a low price

• Supporters

Its a bit confusing with lonex but I prefer the asg motors over lonex lately.

Edit; Just found this

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-05-30-06-43-52.jpg

Often wondered if any sad bastid techy - don't look at me as I don't think of myself as a techy.....

if anybody took a bunch of neodym motors, set them up into a drill for example running at xxxx rpm

then checked out the juice being generated.....

compile a list of various motors out there and might give a rough indication of the perfect so called balance of speed/torque ???

Faster motors will generate more heat and draw more juice

Torquey motors pull trains but run slower

Saddo's look into the tpa more but this alone - output can vary quite a bit depending on wire thickness used, build quality and strength of magnets

So even unwinding a dead motor to check all tpa n crap it can still vary a considerable bit

Hence just wondering by conducting some tests in effect using half a dozen neo motors as generators - what the output would be for a decent balance ???

Faster motors would in "theory" generate lower volts than torque motors running as generators at same rpm speed

(well you would tend to think this sounds about right)

Then "maybe" it might be possible to make a quick comparison out of the (gear)box of other motors

Obviously real test is just to "suck it & see" but might give a rough ball-park guide to a new motor to test

But you might be identify motor performance a little by how it functions in reverse operation

thus arriving at a good all round figure of X volts being produced at X rpm - but this is just free running with no load but all the same could produce a variety of results depending on the range of motors tested

Think I need to get out a little bit more though :)

(or start up an Open University course of OTT Airsoft Engineering)

don't get co2 pistol, often too hot to use

electric pistol like a cyma glock aep is popular but often only 200fps

gas guns are normally what most use work well except in really really cold conditions

mags hold about 20-25 bb's, no need to buy £75+ blowback when there are some decent non-blowbacks about

often popular models are MK23 @ about £45 or GG-104 or GG-105 m92 type for around £30

(green gas req, can use propane if people really use their pistols a lot but reckon you will be ok with can of Green Gas)

think you will be quite happy with its performance for a low price

Ok I'll look at getting a gas pistol then as all the £30-40 shotguns I can find seem to be only single shot. How much does a gas gun cost to run - how many mag reloads would you get out of a can of green gas? And however much I'd like that tm mk23 it's a little out of my budget at £120 ;) so what kind of range can you get out of a £30-40 pistol?

Ok I'll look at getting a gas pistol then as all the £30-40 shotguns I can find seem to be only single shot. How much does a gas gun cost to run - how many mag reloads would you get out of a can of green gas? And however much I'd like that tm mk23 it's a little out of my budget at £120 ;) so what kind of range can you get out of a £30-40 pistol?

You could pick up a used TM pistol for £50-80 depending on how good your haggling skills are.

often popular models are MK23 @ about £45 or GG-104 or GG-105 m92 type for around £30(green gas req, can use propane if people really use their pistols a lot but reckon you will be ok with can of Green Gas)

Would this https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/y-p-ggh0303b-heckler-and-koch-usp-replica-gas-powered-airsoft-pistol.html not be better with the adjustable hop Up?

I know it's bbguns for less in that link I wouldn't necessarily get it from them, that's just where I've found it first.