Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Hello guys,

Don't suppose anyone is familiar with the G&G AK47 AEG? I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to find a correct mag for it. The magazine it came with only holds something like 38 rounds but fires everytime! Whenever I try another magazine I bought it just dry fires unless you hold the mag tightly in place every time you fire, which proves to be very annoying. Even then it isn't great and the FPS chrono's at 220 which I know is not right.

Here's the difference in magazines, the one far left closest to the gun is the one that came with it (works perfectly) but the other two to the right do not feed well at all. I noticed the release buttons are in different positions and the one on the left has like a little shape around it to match that of the gun?

Somebody please help?!

post-13251-0-39225200-1463490884_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Hello guys,

Don't suppose anyone is familiar with the G&G AK47 AEG? I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to find a correct mag for it. The magazine it came with only holds something like 38 rounds but fires everytime! Whenever I try another magazine I bought it just dry fires unless you hold the mag tightly in place every time you fire, which proves to be very annoying. Even then it isn't great and the FPS chrono's at 220 which I know is not right.

Here's the difference in magazines, the one far left closest to the gun is the one that came with it (works perfectly) but the other two to the right do not feed well at all. I noticed the release buttons are in different positions and the one on the left has like a little shape around it to match that of the gun?

Somebody please help?!

attachicon.gifAK.jpg

The positioning of the catch doesn't make a difference as it's the little wedge shaped bit that protrudes that is released by the feed tube on the bottom of the hop unit. It's possible that the two high cap mags aren't feeding because that catch doesn't stick out very far.

The mag feeding or not shouldn't affect the FPS though so it sounds like you may have more than one issue (or the chrono isn't set for the weight of BB you're using).

Guest PT247

(or the chrono isn't set for the weight of BB you're using).

a chrono won't care what BBs you use, it only measures fps, magical wizardry inside it will then work out joules by the weight you tell it you are using but has no reflection on the fps it states.

• Supporters

a chrono won't care what BBs you use, it only measures fps, magical wizardry inside it will then work out joules by the weight you tell it you are using but has no reflection on the fps it states.

Ah but...yeah...well.....

What I meant was, maybe he's chronoing using 0.25g instead of 0.2g. Or something.

• Root Admin

It's a mixed bag of opinions as to whether or not higher pressure green gasses should be used. If you're using it for CQB then play it safe and just go with your usual green gas like Smart or Pro Tech; I've seen a fair few posts about expansion chambers leaking and that tends to be with people using Nuprol 3, 4 and Guarder Power Up. Never had an issue myself but I wasn't running it on green gas for long, and it makes no sense to run it on more expensive stuff if you're using it below 20m anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

That's designed to work with a MOLLE vest (like the Osprey). You put the T shaped end through the webbing over your shoulder and loop it over to the rifle. I use something similar myself.

That's designed to work with a MOLLE vest (like the Osprey). You put the T shaped end through the webbing over your shoulder and loop it over to the rifle. I use something similar myself.

Ahh, that makes sense. How do you attach it to the gun without a carabiner? Is the sling too short?

Ahh, that makes sense. How do you attach it to the gun without a carabiner? Is the sling too short?

Quick question, my AEG is overspinning (2 shots when using semi), can I skirmish this or will it cause internal problems?

- Ant

• Supporters

Do you know any good, clear tutorials on doing this?

Just search on the Gate website I think they have downloadable manuals if not look on youtube there is bound to be loads of vids.

If you cant solder very well get someone else to do it. Installing a mosfet with badly soldered joints is kind of pointless.

Just search on the Gate website I think they have downloadable manuals if not look on youtube there is bound to be loads of vids.

If you cant solder very well get someone else to do it. Installing a mosfet with badly soldered joints is kind of pointless.

I can solder, I just find it time consuming to setup and stuff. My last Fet, the Hamsterfet died on me.

The Airfet or the NanoAAB? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AirFET-MOSFET-airsoft-AEG-switch-with-passive-brake-feature/191867087023?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36823%26meid%3Da5c718f9562e4c8fb68d3e1f5442a420%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D190886775123

• Supporters
Gate everytime unless you want to fork out for a spectre. If the fet fails under normal usage they replace it for free, makes it kind of a no brainer.