Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Quick Questions and Simple Answers ??? <_< Maybe start a new thread about this.

well the point is you can answer 1 of the questions. i'm not gonna ask 1 out of the 3 questions if i have 3 questions, but the 3 questions aren't enough to open a new thread. idea was to answer 1 of the so questions or whatever.

@djben9, that is the £260 gun or whatever? if so, it shoot nicely? seems like the gun to get at the moment, good price, good build and good reviews so far

• Supporters

so no upgrades? i would have thought a tightbore and purple bucking would be a good idea?

Inner barrel is about 6.04 and quite good for a stock barrel. PDI is better but performance gain is negligible and really not worth the cost.

Prommy purple is ok but I wouldn't replace the stock bucking until it dies as they perform well enough.

Tightbore does not mean better.

• Moderators

well the point is you can answer 1 of the questions. i'm not gonna ask 1 out of the 3 questions if i have 3 questions, but the 3 questions aren't enough to open a new thread. idea was to answer 1 of the so questions or whatever.

@djben9, that is the £260 gun or whatever? if so, it shoot nicely? seems like the gun to get at the moment, good price, good build and good reviews so far

yeah, that's the one, but if anyone asks, like the wife, it was £130....

Firesupport / ICS code ICS-264

Also got 2 lipos, charger from them as well as a front grip and some mid caps :)

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-cxp-transform-uk1-rear-wired-ebb-airsoft-gun-aeg

you cant go wrong really, but its your decision at the end of the day. I did think about getting the longer one, tweaking and sniping but that was before I knew a little more than I do now :)

Guest PT247

OK, ignore last question, i have a few more though, if you can answer any of them please do, all help is appreciated

1) I want to go a bit more expensive than a CM16, was looking at an ICS transform4 (i like the keymod etc)

What are people's opinions on these? have read around a bit and they seem pretty good quality and nice guns, so I was thinking this would be a decent workhorse kind of gun

2) Upgrades, If I were to get this gun, how could I upgrade it to shoot accurately. What i was thinking was

1- LiPo for faster rof and snappier trigger, plus LiPo's are all I have used and seemed really good

2- PDI tightbore barrel, I know that 6.01 is a bit extreme, was thinking 6.05? is this sensible or not at all. Not really sure what it comes with, but i hear PDI is still the best barrels (albeit expensive)

3- laylax purple bucking - i hear this is the best bucking, and its a tenner so if it increases the accuracy even a small bit it would be good.

I want a gun that can shoot TM kind of range at around 340-350 FPS but not more, and will be very accurate. fine if it shoots a bit less than TM, i had a G&G cm16 before and was fine with that

TL;DR

is the transform4 a good gun, and is upgrade 2 + 3 good. whilst we are at it what other upgrades should i do (barring gearbox, not too worried until that gives up, as long as the ics components are decent which i hear they are)

cheers, and sorry for the spam, i try and keep it down lol

Ok, not to sound a dick but what do you want to run? is it HPA? is it a recoil AEG? is it a decent AEG? I know you are young so it is all quite exciting, but work out what you want from a gun.

In answer to this question and probably most others you ask..... buy a Krytac from their Trident range, either Mk1 or Mk2 will be amazing. You won't need to upgrade as the improvements will not outweigh the cost.

They will match a TM for range/accuracy if not beat it. They cost a shed load less. They are a world better than an ICS. Only reason not to buy one is if going HPA.... and then you'd not want a TM either...... or would you.....

Reason for having a Krytac/TM if going HPA would be the hop.... and I'd still go Krytac. But seriously if going HPA buy a GBBR and convert it if you want recoil, or buy a donor AEG that looks ace on the outside and cheap as chips inside if buying an AEG to HPA.

Ok, not to sound a dick but what do you want to run? is it HPA? is it a recoil AEG? is it a decent AEG? I know you are young so it is all quite exciting, but work out what you want from a gun.

In answer to this question and probably most others you ask..... buy a Krytac from their Trident range, either Mk1 or Mk2 will be amazing. You won't need to upgrade as the improvements will not outweigh the cost.

They will match a TM for range/accuracy if not beat it. They cost a shed load less. They are a world better than an ICS. Only reason not to buy one is if going HPA.... and then you'd not want a TM either...... or would you.....

Reason for having a Krytac/TM if going HPA would be the hop.... and I'd still go Krytac. But seriously if going HPA buy a GBBR and convert it if you want recoil, or buy a donor AEG that looks ace on the outside and cheap as chips inside if buying an AEG to HPA.

yeah i understand i do a lot of changing my mind, in the end i figure its just gonna be a normal aeg. I see that they are actually highly regarded, never heard of them as well. (never really want to do hpa anymore)

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/krytac-trident-spr-black.htm#.VyfDRjArLIU

this an mk1 or 2? i hear the mk2 is new, and seems to be generally better quality externals, if thats an mk1 i might wait for the mk2

just one question - i see it has an integrated mosfet, but only recommends 7.4. are they playing it safe and can you run an 11.1 or not?

guessing they are all the same internally, just different externals as well?

thanks for the advice mate

Guest PT247

yeah i understand i do a lot of changing my mind, in the end i figure its just gonna be a normal aeg. I see that they are actually highly regarded, never heard of them as well. (never really want to do hpa anymore)

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/krytac-trident-spr-black.htm#.VyfDRjArLIU

this an mk1 or 2? i hear the mk2 is new, and seems to be generally better quality externals, if thats an mk1 i might wait for the mk2

just one question - i see it has an integrated mosfet, but only recommends 7.4. are they playing it safe and can you run an 11.1 or not?

guessing they are all the same internally, just different externals as well?

thanks for the advice mate

I have a Mk1 SPR (which is what that is), it is an awesome gun, I have turned mine into a DMR. The Mk2's have a nicer grip and I think de-tension the spring when flicking to safe iirc, that is really the only major difference.

I run both my Krytacs (SPR and PDW) on 11.1v LiPos and both work flawlessly. I have upgraded my motor to the USA spec 30k which is not recommended in the UK as our FPS is apparently too low so we get a 20k motor. I have actually been modding today and put the 30k motor in my PDW which is 350fps and am not getting any of the side effects that Krytac suggest will happen, I now am able to run it on an 11.1v LiPo with the 30k motor giving an amazing trigger response but this is not needed as an 11.1v LiPo with the 20k motor at sub 350fps is actually pretty obscene too.

What am saying is a UK spec Krytac will be utterly perfect on an 11.1v LiPo, only reason for using a 7.4 would be due to space but the stock on the SPR/CRB fits a WE 3 leg 1450 30C/25C LiPo easily so only a consideration if buying the PDW.

alright mate, thanks for the advice. my dad will have to finish with UKARA after my exams, which will mean the mk2 will be readily available hopefully.

I doubt i will be touching the motor, can see myself breaking something, when as you said the response is not that much (i was using a cm16 before which wasn't great so im not worried) and they seem really good, cheers mate

• Supporters

They will match a TM for range/accuracy if not beat it. They cost a shed load less. They are a world better than an ICS.

Krytacs are not a world better than ICS. The older ICS models maybe but their newer stuff is very good. Their split gearbox is still the best design around. The quality of the ICS internals is as good as Krytac and some parts are better. Krytac has a nicer hop unit and the externals are in my opinion slightly nicer but thats subjective anyway. The only other thing the Krytac has is the mosfet as stock but I would replace that anyway. I think that the ICS trigger is a bit more responsive than the Krytac with the 20k motor.

Current ICS's and Krytacs are very similar in quality and performance.

Both are good just different concepts.

Guest PT247

I've not skirmished the latest gen ICS so will take your word on that..... My only additional input wrt ICS would be that the next gen guns I have handled did not (to me) seem anywhere near as nice to hold as the Krytacs and the feel of them shooting was imo a little icky if that makes any sense whatsoever? (probs don't lol)

I have a Mk1 SPR (which is what that is), it is an awesome gun, I have turned mine into a DMR. The Mk2's have a nicer grip and I think de-tension the spring when flicking to safe iirc, that is really the only major difference.

I run both my Krytacs (SPR and PDW) on 11.1v LiPos and both work flawlessly. I have upgraded my motor to the USA spec 30k which is not recommended in the UK as our FPS is apparently too low so we get a 20k motor. I have actually been modding today and put the 30k motor in my PDW which is 350fps and am not getting any of the side effects that Krytac suggest will happen, I now am able to run it on an 11.1v LiPo with the 30k motor giving an amazing trigger response but this is not needed as an 11.1v LiPo with the 20k motor at sub 350fps is actually pretty obscene too.

What am saying is a UK spec Krytac will be utterly perfect on an 11.1v LiPo, only reason for using a 7.4 would be due to space but the stock on the SPR/CRB fits a WE 3 leg 1450 30C/25C LiPo easily so only a consideration if buying the PDW.

What 11.1v did you use in your PDW, I'm just waiting for mine to come back from being painted. I picked up some 7.2v and even they are a PITA to get into the tiny stock.

Guest PT247

What 11.1v did you use in your PDW, I'm just waiting for mine to come back from being painted. I picked up some 7.2v and even they are a PITA to get into the tiny stock.

Tbh I stopped using it as it was too hard to get in the stock, it does fit but is an arse. The 7.4v LiPos I use fit fine though.

EDIT: the battery I have that just about fits is a "Giant Power" 1300mAh 11.1v 25C jobby, I run Deans which may help in fitting a little.

Guest PT247

I currently have the PDW upper on my SPR lower so running 350 fps on the 30k motor with an 11.1v in the SPR stock. Works fine so not getting the overspin issues others have reported.

• Supporters

I currently have the PDW upper on my SPR lower so running 350 fps on the 30k motor with an 11.1v in the SPR stock. Works fine so not getting the overspin issues others have reported.

I haven't seen it either but apparently its when you use sub m100 springs. Which is what shield told Krytac we all use.

Would it be wrong to buy some metal 5.5-6mm BBs on the off chance there is an upcoming apocalypse?

This is not a troll question, and since I only own a low power gas gun and an electric gun, totally for someone who is not me. :D

Would it be wrong to buy some metal 5.5-6mm BBs on the off chance there is an upcoming apocalypse?

This is not a troll question, and since I only own a low power gas gun and an electric gun, totally for someone who is not me. :D

Any Gunshop that stocks slingshots. 6mm steel BB is the second most common sling shot ammo, behind 9.5mm and infront of 11.5mm. PM me your postcode and ill direct you to your local stockist

Source: Sell catapults and sling ammo on a daily basis.

Any Gunshop that stocks slingshots. 6mm steel BB is the second most common sling shot ammo, behind 9.5mm and infront of 11.5mm. PM me your postcode and ill direct you to your local stockist

Source: Sell catapults and sling ammo on a daily basis.

Wouldn't be any use to me, I don't have a gun which would work in the situation I referred to.

Has anyone had any problems posting GBB pistols lately? Thinking of selling my G17 and remember reading about royal mail seizing them and destroying them

• Moderators

Can't get coloured text on mobile

Does anyone know an alternative to revision sawflies strap, as I believe I dropped mine today at Tuddenham in the car park.....

I guess any glasses head band/strap may work?

Can't get coloured text on mobile

Does anyone know an alternative to revision sawflies strap, as I believe I dropped mine today at Tuddenham in the car park.....

I guess any glasses head band/strap may work?

[color=#FF0000]Yes you can[/color]
Yes you can

• Moderators

Cheers, tried viewing full version but couldnt see it 😀