Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

hi guys, was thinking of getting the tm mp7a1 aep and wanted to use it as a side arm/primary. what are your thoughts on the mp7a1 and what springs could i put in the gun. (is it compatible with aeg springs)

cheers.

• Supporters

It's an AEP, not an AEG. There are no compatible parts.

There exist some upgrade parts to aeps, but those doesn't give it a notable FPS increase. The 220-ish fps is not enough to serve as a primary gun.

A few times I organized games for secondaries/springers only. AEPs were not in par with GBBs, shotguns, low power bolties. They can shoot quite far and they can shoot full auto but most of the time they hit so weak that it was unnoticed and the wind affected it too much.

They are good as secondary for short distances and use it in full auto.

• Supporters

I've been out of the game for ages and I'm looking to beef up my knowledge on decent retailers for everything from tac-gear through to random AEG and Pistol parts.

Can anyone recommend 3 decent UK retailers and 3 decent HK/China retailers?

Landwarrior
Socom tactical
JD Airsoft
UK tactical

In poland you have Taiwangun which is brilliant for everything, alongside gunfire.pl

Asian sites, Ehobby, Ebairsoft, rainbow 8

• Head Moderator

Can anyone recommend 3 decent UK retailers and 3 decent HK/China retailers?

UK Tactical - kit

Nightgear - kit

Military 1st - kit

Combat South - guns (TM & ICS)

Fire Support - guns and parts

• Moderators

as above :)

anyway...

......i gnisu nehw noitncuf hcraes eht gnisu ti dnif tnac ,?kniht i scitpo shtins sesu ohw puorg taht fo eman eht rebemer enoyna na​c

sorry for some reason the forum and laptop win 10 has an issue when I select colour and does that, yes I type and it writes backwards!!! haha

​so as I tried to type,....

​does anyone remember the site/team name where I think they all use Smiths OTW goggles, I believe Brightcandle posted it up in a reply but the search function is like looking for a needle in a haystack while blindfolded wearing boxing gloves at the moment and ive not found it in a topic yet :(, of course i'll keep looking

as above :)

anyway...

......i gnisu nehw noitncuf hcraes eht gnisu ti dnif tnac ,?kniht i scitpo shtins sesu ohw puorg taht fo eman eht rebemer enoyna na​c

sorry for some reason the forum and laptop win 10 has an issue when I select colour and does that, yes I type and it writes backwards!!! haha

​so as I tried to type,....

​does anyone remember the site/team name where I think they all use Smiths OTW goggles, I believe Brightcandle posted it up in a reply but the search function is like looking for a needle in a haystack while blindfolded wearing boxing gloves at the moment and ive not found it in a topic yet :(, of course i'll keep looking

I know all of amped airsofts staff do if that's what your thinking of?

• Moderators

thanks Aengus, managed to search after the email I got notifying me of the reply....luckily the site wasn't blocked!!....sure i'll get caught one day! haha

Hi guys, I have bought a new battery but the mini Tamiya connector is to short to meet the connector in the gun. Is there anywhere I can by an 'exstension lead' (for lack of a better word) just say 2 inches to help connect the battery and the gun through the buffer tube? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

​straps for half face mesh mask, (the one everyone fits to a fast helmet) :)

is there an alterative method so I don't buy another to just cut the straps off?, ideally, has anyone got any straps/buckle things they don't use anymore lying around?

​need a new set for other mask fitting....was going to just use zip ties but looks like I now need a bit more flexibility when mounted to the helmet :(

but seems I can now wear my sawflies with it and very little 'gappage'....woodland only :)

wow didn't type backwards that time!!!

​straps for half face mesh mask, (the one everyone fits to a fast helmet) :)

is there an alterative method so I don't buy another to just cut the straps off?, ideally, has anyone got any straps/buckle things they don't use anymore lying around? or know the cheapest place to get them now?

​need a new set for other mask fitting....was going to just use zip ties but looks like I now need a bit more flexibility when mounted to the helmet :(

wow didn't type backwards that time!!!

You don't need to cut anything off perse, I used the original straps which came with the mesh masks as they have some elasticity.

6oAXPq1.jpg

If you mean the helmet connector part, these are sold separately, I even have some surplus myself. I think.

http://www.evike.com/products/53159/ or http://www.evike.com/products/50131/

EDIT:

I totally misunderstood your post, however as mine is still useful, I'll leave it. I guess you destroyed your own mesh masks extraneous parts when you added it to a helmet?

Edited by Sacarathe

• Moderators

Cheers for that, nope all good, I wanted to fit a v2 type mask with clips as well, fixed with zip ties at the moment but a pain to adjust, so looking for the strap option and havent any spare without buying another 🙂

I'll check spoilers at home as work blocks site so on phone st moment...... Should have brought laptop in and tethered it

Thanks for the advice 🙂

Looks to be a copy of the VTAC (Vikingtactics) with quick release hardware.

Had some play with it yesterday, need to get a swivel for my stock, but otherwise it was fun, turns out flyye did not assemble it correctly and I had to re-thread it to make it work, but it seems like a fun device. Do you know if the original is designed for use with or without body armour? I found problems with throwing it over my back (diagonally, either way up) when using the plate carrier, no problems stowing it, but occasional problems on retrieval. That said, it was much more stable (with less negative affect on gravity centre) than any position I've yet tried with a single point sling.

so i have also been out of the game for ages, and i am looking to get back into airsoft in the future at some point. want to get something different though. not the usual AEG. I was thinking maybe a gas gun but prices are too high for me at the moment. I was thinking maybe a sniper rifle, had a lot of fun with my mates upgraded TM vsr (although £600 into a sniper is too much for me)

How is this: http://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/DOUBLE-EAGLE-M63-SPECIAL-SPRING-SHOTGUN-210872.html#SID=170

not sure if it is any good, but it seems like a lot of fun for £50, guessing its single shot so a bit like a sniper, i like the idea of it being harder than an aeg. gas would be another option later on though

okay so after having a look i see you can now upgrade the vsr to gas? is this a good thing to do, apparently the mancraft are good? the kit looked to be £100 and i guess you have to get a barrel as well for a upgrade and some other shit, is this a good idea? and which company is best to look at?

tl;dr is the gas conversion worth it, what other upgrades would i get, and which company makes the best upgrade?

thanks