Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Thanks Scarathe, I was thinking that different versions were newer/updated versions of the same AEG Gearboxes (there v1/2/3 for m4s etc). That makes life easier though. :-)

I can't believe I fell for the bloody google link! Git! 😃

(I did google it, but kept getting vids of how to open up gearboxes 😟)

• Supporters

Is 18 awg wiring up to task?

depends on the task - ferrite motor low volts = stock guns

once you start putting more juice through or drawing more juice like neodym motor etc - NO

if you can't squeeze in 16awg - turnigy 16awg is quite fat, Eco wire is a bit thinner on 16awg

or failing that:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/silicone-wires/2-meter-wire-with-low-resistance-ipower?from=listing&campaign-id=19

you can get it on fleabay I think if you look around

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POISONAPPLE-AIRSOFT-SILVER-WIRE-CABLE-2M-UPGRADE-/221991832360?hash=item33afbe8b28:g:hBwAAOSwEK9T0XUX

but 18awg gets quite warm quickly when you start pushing it a bit through gun

well that's my thoughts on the matter

The silver wire is a little bit under 16awg - normally the wire itself on 16awg goes from 1.3mm to 1.5mm aprox

it varies depending on make/type/accurate conversion from imperial to metric

just measure some silver wire I got to hand and seems to be 1.2mm thick

according to component shop on fleabay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-metres-16AWG-Silicon-Wire-Super-flexible-high-temp-RED-BLACK-BLUE-YELLOW-/230877513949?var=&hash=item35c15f48dd:m:mD68K7bY1o_ExJUrN9ZHNWw

18awg silicone comes out at 0.8mm so it is a deffo improvement that silver wire @ 1.2mm over 18awg wire

and on some gearboxes 16awg silicone with 3.1mm thick insulation can be a bitch to fit on some boxes like G&G v2's

I found some other brand of wire that is a smidge thicker wire but slightly thinner silicone insulation - 2.75mm Vs 3.1mm

but still a bitch to get into G&G's and requires some filing or good ol' dremmel adjustment

• 2 weeks later...

As long as your trigger finger still works, your never too told to play.

• Supporters

Why do Devil Blasters cost more than Regular Blasters of the same weight?

Higher quality.

Just another question, now this may seem a silly one but I'm nowhere near as fit as I once was.

So, do you have to do a lot/little/any running or trotting in either Woodland or CQB?

I really struggle to do any of them :(

Guest PT247

you can put as much pace into gameplay as you choose.... I start off all running around, then after a very short while remember I am broken, unfit and lazy and revert to laying on the ground taking pot shots :D Seriously you'll be fine, jjust don't push yourself harder than your current fitness level allows else you'll spend the rest of the week unable to walk up/down stairs as I often find out after my legs seize up :D

• Supporters

I'm 61 yrs young, am I too old to skirmish?

This is not a pi$$ take but an amazing inspiration to anybody thinking too old or crap for airsoft...

http://blog.airsoft-squared.com/incredible-story-simon-jameson-airsoft-tank

yes often I think @ 49 - puff puff pant pant I'm too old for this $hit....

but if that guy gets stuck in then regardless of how old I am

I need to stfu and man up a bit - ok old man up a bit

btw I was probably the oldest at Mall but my mind was still assuring me I was 30 years younger

NO YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD - I hope if I get that old to just bring a sniper & commode along

All of us are just big kids - some much older than others but still kids at heart

• Supporters

To what parameters? :P

I thought I was a pedantic sod.

They're polished to a higher surface finish. As to whether or not they are different internally, I couldn't say.

• Head Moderator

I don't seem to be able to make the quote function work.

Could be due to using Internet Explorer, I had the same issue of not being able to quote, so installed Google Chrome and now use that to access this forum with all the functionality.

Looking for a decent storage trunk to house my plate carrier ,helmet,polarstar

any suggestions ? Under £70 (can't edit colour on my mobile)

Looking for a decent storage trunk to house my plate carrier ,helmet,polarstar

any suggestions ? Under £70 (can't edit colour on my mobile)

Educating the masses!

Use this:

[color=NAME OF COLOR]bla bla[/color]
Colours:

Antiquewhite

Aqua

Aquamarine

Azure

Beige

Bisque

Black

Blanchedalmond

Blue

Blueviolet

Brown

Burlywood

Cadetblue

Chartreuse

Chocolate

Coral

Cornflowerblue

Cornsilk

Crimson

Cyan

Darkblue

Darkcyan

Darkgoldenrod

Darkgray

Darkgreen

Darkkhaki

Darkmagenta

Darkolivegreen

Darkorange

Darkorchid

Darkred

Darksalmon

Darkseagreen

Darkslateblue

Darkslategray

Darkturquoise

Darkviolet

Deeppink

Deepskyblue

Dimgray

Dodgerblue

Firebrick

Floralwhite

Forestgreen

Fuchsia

Gainsboro

Ghostwhite

Gold

Goldenrod

Gray

Green

Greenyellow

Honeydew

Hotpink

Indianred

Indigo

Ivory

Khaki

Lavender

Lavenderblush

Lawngreen

Lemonchiffon

Lightblue

Lightcoral

Lightcyan

Lightgoldenrodyellow

Lightgray

Lightpink

Lightsalmon

Lightseagreen

Lightskyblue

Lightslategray

Lightsteelblue

Lightyellow

Lime

Limegreen

Linen

Magenta

Maroon

Mediumaquamarine

Mediumblue

Mediumorchid

Mediumpurple

Mediumseagreen

Mediumslateblue

Mediumspringgreen

Mediumturquoise

Mediumvioletred

Midnightblue

Mintcream

Mistyrose

Moccasin

Navajowhite

Navy

Oldlace

Olive

Olivedrab

Orange

Orangered

Orchid

Palegoldenrod

Palegreen

Paleturquoise

Palevioletred

Papayawhip

Peachpuff

Peru

Pink

Plum

Powderblue

Purple

Red

Rosybrown

Royalblue

Saddlebrown

Salmon

Sandybrown

Seagreen

Seashell

Sienna

Silver

Skyblue

Slateblue

Slategray

Snow

Springgreen

Steelblue

Tan

Teal

Thistle

Tomato

Turquoise

Violet

Wheat

White

Whitesmoke

Yellow

Yellowgreen

Hi All, 2 quick questions.

I've been reading about gun upgrades and a lot of them seem to add fps even if this is not their intended purpose (some barrels etc...) am I right in thinking that making some upgrades for better accuracy/range like hop up and barrels but in turn having to lower the spring to bring it back under site limits would result in a much better gun than one with stock parts that shoots at the correct fps already?
hopefully that makes sense!

2nd question is, if you get a UKARA defense by joining an air soft club is it right that you must renew your membership to keep the defense? for example if you join but then decide to play at a bunch of different sites without joining any one specifically after your membership retires are you still on the UKARA register or are you breaching it by having the guns but not renewing your membership to a club?

New to all of this so sorry if any of those are glaringly obvious!

2nd question is, if you get a UKARA defense by joining an air soft club is it right that you must renew your membership to keep the defense? for example if you join but then decide to play at a bunch of different sites without joining any one specifically after your membership retires are you still on the UKARA register or are you breaching it by having the guns but not renewing your membership to a club?

Your details remain on the database for 12 months from the date they are added, site membership wherever that may be is entirely irrelevant to UKARA - although useful.

The place that added you onto the database can renew your position the database as long as you prove to them that you have played within 12 months of the date you played that third game which qualified you to be added in the first place.

The sites you play at are irrelevant as long the party renewing your number recognise your proof.

I don't know what happens if you want to move sites, i'm in that position right now, I can get renewed at bunker 51 for £29 by playing a game or the at mall for £10 (without having to play any more games). But I don't know if I have to wait for my existing number to expire.

after your membership retires are you still on the UKARA register or are you breaching it by having the guns but not renewing your membership to a club?

UKARA is a check to allow realistic guns to be sold to you, it does NOTHING MORE*. It's actually quite impotent.

*But its bloody helpful for importing (addresses must match).

• Root Admin

Hi All, 2 quick questions.

I've been reading about gun upgrades and a lot of them seem to add fps even if this is not their intended purpose (some barrels etc...) am I right in thinking that making some upgrades for better accuracy/range like hop up and barrels but in turn having to lower the spring to bring it back under site limits would result in a much better gun than one with stock parts that shoots at the correct fps already?

hopefully that makes sense!

1. Yes. Accuracy is affected more by barrel and hop setup, but consistency of your gearbox can matter (on an AEG though inconsistency isn't usually a huge issue unless you have something seriously wrong like a cracked cylinder). Test the new barrel and hop setup first then see if it needs bringing down. If you use a 6.03 or 6.05 then chances are you won't see much of a muzzle energy difference so you should be fine.

2. No. Site membership can be renewed instantly (stored for 12 months after your first game) by site owners just clicking a few buttons. Most site members will just do this for you if you're a semi-regular to 'enliven' your UKARA defence again. Two things to remember: Firstly, UKARA isn't the only form of defence - frankly receipts showing you've played before are more than enough (why I try to pay in advance when I can) and secondly VCRA only covers the point of sale, do defence or not owning the guns you already have is fine.