Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

This question seems unintelligible to me. That is a VLTOR style sight, which attaches to a barrel to provide a flip up front iron sight and also allow the addition of a laser or torch because it has a short rail. So "keep my riz rail on" doesn't seem to make sense. Just for clarification, an RIS rail is integrated into the handguard, whereas an RAS system also has rails extending onto/above the receiver.

Not as well as mesh with interwoven wires, but they are usable, especially if you are using a torch.

OK I mean to keep the hand guard on pictures for reference as don't know the real names sorry

• Supporters

OK I mean to keep the hand guard on pictures for reference as don't know the real names sorry

Well then, yeah, the VLTOR would go in front of it attached to the barrel.

• Supporters

Can I attach this to the vltor style sight to keep my riz rail on?

Yes, providing you're using a standard 2-piece RIS that's held in place by the delta ring and end-cap you can replace the standard A-sight with that VLTOR gas block and it should work.

I'll caveat that though by saying that there's no 'standard' when it comes to airsoft, if your gun has a front sight assembly that's off spec, or barrel pin grooves that are off spec then it may not work at all.

Only way to find out is to try.

Yes, providing you're using a standard 2-piece RIS that's held in place by the delta ring and end-cap you can replace the standard A-sight with that VLTOR gas block and it should work.

I'll caveat that though by saying that there's no 'standard' when it comes to airsoft, if your gun has a front sight assembly that's off spec, or barrel pin grooves that are off spec then it may not work at all.

Only way to find out is to try.

Nice one dude thank you

• 2 weeks later...

think I've asked this before but what are people using to clean their inner barrels? because I have never known for sure and am intending to get around to doing proper clean of my guns this week. I know should be some kind of lint free cloth but is there anything specific or anything else I should know...to me using cig filters seems like a better method

• Supporters

think I've asked this before but what are people using to clean their inner barrels? because I have never known for sure and am intending to get around to doing proper clean of my guns this week. I know should be some kind of lint free cloth but is there anything specific or anything else I should know...to me using cig filters seems like a better method

I use Isopropyl wipes, the ones I have are just the right size when cut along the fold in them to squeeze into the barrel. I picked up something like 300 for £5 on ebay a while back.

• Root Admin

Isopropyl and kitchen towel (or a lint-free cloth).

Also, there was a test on using silicone as well as isopropyl: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28054-cleaning-with-isopropyl-alcohol-vs-silicone/ - basically, alcohol to clean then silicone to make that surface resistant to anything that comes off the BBs.

Do not use silicon in the barrel, silicon is virtually impossible to clean, even IPA will not remove it properly. Using silicon oil in your barrel will do nothing but attract and retain excess dirt.

So, if you have the abbey 100% silicone oil in your barrel, how'd you get it out?

You never will completely. it's a well known problem in aviaton painting circles.

warm soapy water, dry rag, IPA, dry rag should get most but the trace elements.

It's not the end of the world and on poor quality barrels may work well, but putting silicon down your Gucci PDI barrel is like using bulldog bbs.

• Moderators

so while at outlaws and surfing the net, i was on Firesupport looking for a new ICS the wife said I could get.... then looked at Airsoftpeak looking for something else and found these

http://www.airsoftpeak.com/lpg01bk12-regulator-updated-version-goggle-with-tb1029-dark-earth-p-16069.html

ok, there FMA but any good?, FS have them in anyway and 'new', curious as to how good they are?

any help??....stay away???

EDIT:

Finally got the online review to work and I think its a no from me..... unless you can swap the lens for a smith optics and make it fit......may as well ask tac gear to get me a tan set of the ESS ones.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Madbull do some 0.12g BB's - they're £5 in RWA's UK site holiday sale. I've mooted the idea of using coloured BB's to indicate that you're in your last few before, but nobody thought much of the idea. I still think it's worth checking out because I, for one, find it difficult to keep track of where i am in a mag once things get exciting. But yeah, 0.12g BB's would overhop like mad and, since the idea is to remind you to change mags immediately, you might think that's not necessarily a bad thing, but then again, you'd be about to be dry firing, which would make you change mags immediately, so actually all you'd have had is 10 less BB's that you could fire at targets...

The idea would only work sensibly with BB's of the same weight as your normal ones.

Edited by Ian_Gere
RWA

• Supporters

Will I regret buying a Cyma P90?

For use as a loaner gun to any friends that want to play airsoft.

I know that Sacarathe deleted this question, but I decided to answer it anyway, because it offers the potential for good advice on a topic that is relevant to many of us...

1st off, I haven't heard of any particular criticisms of the CYMA P90, so I expect that it is no worse than most manufacturers' efforts and, despite the price, probably better than some. However, it is a P90 and, yeah, I must admit to a violent bias here, I mean I fucking hate 'em, but that aside, I'm not sure many people, except Stargate SG1 fans, who go airsofting for the first time, would think of a P90 as cool looking. That leaves the only advantage as a loaner being its size and weight - it would be easy to drop in a bag as an extra gun and few mags to take along with your own gun, mags, and gear. But there are plenty of small assault rifles and SMG's with folding stocks, to mention but a few: AKS-74U/N, G36C, HK UMP, 4" barrel M4...

With the exception of the UMP, the mags of those all fit into pretty standard, cheap, pouches (such as 90's era British Army gear) and/or cargo pants pockets, whereas a P90 mag is an awkward bastard even if you have the right pouches - probably easier for total noobs to deal with a standard underneath mag change too, regardless of where on their body they carry spares. G36 mags can be a bit of a ball-ache, with those side lugs getting caught on the cloth of pockets or pouches, but of course they can also be double stacked quite easily, so it's swings and roundabouts in terms of pro's vs cons.

In short then, I would say yes, indeed, anyone would regret buying a P90, of any description, as a loaner...

In short then, I would say yes, indeed, anyone would regret buying a P90, of any description, as a loaner...

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

The reason for my question, was that I wouldn't spend much on a loaner, but I wouldn't loan an expensive p90. If I buy any p90 now, it will be for me and I'll wait until I'm good and ready to buy a TM P90 for myself in a few years. Except, for the reasons above, I still think they're a little pricey. A shame the Magpul PDR-C has no locking semi.

Edited by Sacarathe

Hey I am trying to get Info on HPA etc to see if that's the route I want to go down. The biggest question at moment is where would I get the mini tank filled? Tried google and here bit struggling to find info. (Perhaps its down to me using a rubbish windows phone but lap top back at home and I'm away with work)