Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Moderators

Question

Looking at G33/36 as my next AEG, hopefully in some before or after Xmas sale

Or another H&k ????

Any advice on make, I know from reading, ares isn't any good ?.

Sorry iPod won't allow me to colour the text :(

Sorry for the late response, turns out my barrel has fine air seal and the flat nub was rubbing on something, anyway I had a dmr with pretty much all the upgrade parts you mentioned; SHS nozzle, pom piston head, airlab O ring, sorbo pad etc., but i had a high torque motor with standard torque gears, a bw king kong super 2 and a shitty WE 11.1 2200MAH lipo from justbbguns. It was the neatest looking gun from the gearbox, but would last one game at a skirmish. All my piston pick-up teeth would cave in. Essentially i got tired of matching parts and decided to go HPA because of the ease of use and low maintenance. I considered myself a failed tech but i also blame zeroone for having no descriptions on their products. As someone said, its not just trigger response, its the whole ease of operation for a player who does'nt have the time to constantly replace parts. Snipers are another breed, but really I just chose to get it because it was guaranteed to work out of the box, instead of checking part compatibility. Also G&G combat machines suck d*ck for upgrading.

Quick question about ordering from evike.

Anyone know what the extra costs will be for the following:

Hand rail & red dot sight costing $89.99

I've Google it & keep finding conflicting info.

• Supporters

dunno but if you place an order at airsoft gi you can choose the option to pay taxes upfront.....

worth noting most stuff from US has a good chance of getting stopped/charged

compared to Hong Kong having a good chance on small-medium parcels getting through without duty

(depends on parcel size and a bit of luck but often modest stuff from HK gets through (slowly) ok)

check out a similar sort of item on AirSoft GI site, do some calculations in basket and see what's the worst damage you might get hit for???

Yeh the unknown quantity is putting me off making the order tbh.

I think I will leave it & go back to the drawing board.

UPS will charge you £11 (capped to include duty/handling) + VAT if you order something from evike - furthermore they wont attempt to clear your item through customs until you complete and post/email them a form, even if all of your answers are " there is no legal need for me to fill in this form " in every box.

I've used evike twice, and other than the hidden cost worth about £6 to UPS it was fine.

EDIT:

Link to form.

Is changing (reducing) the length of a gun's trigger pull and return difficulty? I just noticed my new Cyma Mp5k has an annoyingly long trigger pull. It's 18-20mm, takes 12mm from zero to fire and the minimum return distance before firing again is at least 8mm, furthermore there is pretty much no resistance from the trigger severely limited tactile feedback.

• Supporters

These are Fake, the foam padding is not the same a real ones.

That's what i was going to say. The foam on real ones doesn't look anywhere near as scruffy.

• Supporters

Is changing (reducing) the length of a gun's trigger pull and return difficulty? I just noticed my new Cyma Mp5k has an annoyingly long trigger pull. It's 18-20mm, takes 12mm from zero to fire and the minimum return distance before firing again is at least 8mm, furthermore there is pretty much no resistance from the trigger severely limited tactile feedback.

You can heat up the brass contact in the switch's moving part and pull it out a few mm-s. Then you can drill a hole and push a pin in it's side to make the protrusion longer where the cutoff lever catches it. Needs some fiddling but can be done with DIY.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/198550-aeg-hair-trigger-guide-necro-exempt/

• Supporters

soz, was replying to the above post then realised that it looked like a spam account.

Yeah, i'm on it...

is there a difference between V2 and V3 anti reversal latch springs? somethings jamming my box and that's the only thing i had to change.

• Supporters

Can anyone recommend a decent svd scope

Sorry, bought mine 2nd hand and wasn't told other than "clone probably made in China". It works fine within the limitations of its 20mm objective lens, which is something they all suffer from, but I suspect it's one of the cheapest though, so if I were you I wouldn't be worried by the hordes of ACM-naysayers out there and end up paying an extra £50 for what is essentially the same thing with a brand name on the box.

• 2 weeks later...