Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Question:- I have 3 mags for my we g18c, there all filled with the same gas and bbs, yet 1 of the mags, ridiculously over hops bbs. (And I keep forgetting which mag it is)

All mags hold gas, with no leakage etc

Any idea why?

(Posted from mobile so no red)

is one of the mags a TM mag?

• Moderators

Ask them to set the hop for 0.25 and use those instead. A lot more accurate than 0.2 bbs.

is it easy to do after anyway?,

got a few 1000 .2's to use up first!.....3700 I got back In July!

tomorrow may be a full auto day! haha

• Supporters

(RED>>>>>>> ) with the 45 and 180 rd mags, anything I need to do?**

or can I just plug and play?

I find it useful to put a single drop of silicone oil down the BB tube of mid/low cap mags and then fill them as full as i can possibly get them. I do not fire those 1st BB's, just let them out by poking the spring catch, then fill the mag again with the same BB's and let them out again - do this a few times more to get a very thin coating of oil all the way through the mag and work the spring a bit, because they usually do not hold as many BB's as advertised when brand new.

• Moderators

ok, so need to buy some oil on way tomorrow :)

may use the high cap 1st and sort this out when I get back home

• Supporters

ok, so need to buy some oil on way tomorrow :)

may use the high cap 1st and sort this out when I get back home

Yeah. My advice is to get oil in a dropper bottle not a spray can so you can apply exactly as much as you need, exactly where you need it, rather than it going all over in an aerosol...

No idea about spares, mate.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't the pin that causes the problem - i mean, it'd have to be such an obvious flaw, ie being too thin, for it to be the pin at fault - surely the manufacturer would have sussed and sorted it out? I spose you'd be able to tell on your own gun though - does it wobble when the stock is unlocked from the catch, when it's just the pin holding it? I've just checked my E&L and it's rock solid, but it also seems unlikely that the bit of the stock which locks with the catch could become bent, or the catch itself - i'd imagine that the welds holding the stock together would fail first, so i dunno, maybe the pin on yours is moody...

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but it looks like the latch might be bent or isn't sitting where it should properly? It seems to stick out a bit.

WP_20151017_0021_zpskd7vrcpj.jpg

• Supporters

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but it looks like the latch might be bent or isn't sitting where it should properly? It seems to stick out a bit.

That does look dodgy. It looks like the spring that holds the latch isn't working properly, but that said, my spring feels fine but nonetheless it is possible to force the button to jam by pressing it in too far - it comes out again without much trouble, but maybe yours is jamming too? If jiggling it doesn't make it align properly you might try some oil...

That does look dodgy. It looks like the spring that holds the latch isn't working properly, but that said, my spring feels fine but nonetheless it is possible to force the button to jam by pressing it in too far - it comes out again without much trouble, but maybe yours is jamming too? If jiggling it doesn't make it align properly you might try some oil...

I can't get the button to jam in, nor can I push the latch further in so it looks like the spring is fine, but to me, it looks like the stock is not getting enough grip on the latch to stay properly.

• Supporters

I can't get the button to jam in, nor can I push the latch further in so it looks like the spring is fine, but to me, it looks like the stock is not getting enough grip on the latch to stay properly.

Yeah, that sounds like a good diagnosis. Dismantling seems to be the only way forward... On mine, when the stock is unlatched, the bit of the catch which sticks through the receiver on the right hand side is almost flush. On yours it seems to stick out a bit and at an angle. The only way i can imagine that happening is if it is either damaged inside, or the spring is not fitted properly.

Welcome to the forum! :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&biw=1425&bih=747&tbs=sbi:AMhZZiu2XYLHzohRrwua8vECfNyFMZg-Tnhsbv4pH056j-xg3jISPoAIBcBitAU2k85bkjlL7s8rTlSandFMI_11FQSrGjI1MZvRNitt3tFmAdjLEH8G5lRXDeJKxaGOQwzRJ4m0_1LGHU65U4pw5CZyUS8sEGy_1tzfdHUYd5IcEgvyeQKnE0_1UqUTe4fW1kmSHz8OXvdfYNTXCaFupGa-AeLWpUyImyo_1q2HmUdEeCRU0-zMEEYpJc5pDiL0fdRMZIHJMxkSaOsHKdFY8QTFYzJIq9HR1icFpUEm3gGOWbW1QeGyxjaxYdgEITbY9lyUffdMWdIwM9SfTJgUCBdg8FUshDSkS9MQj_1JxFATgGyKrncFgVb70rhjcru2ZB8SgPeoV6nrWPoFampAcHKQ1OGK3ec7JOTVx3C3kcJmJ810OqOQsSVK7w_1NW-CN_1C9qIj9r5Glv9z7JfADvRrlSL37JnYN2J8DDDh7L7Ofii3ixz8JrtRg-54uszoJRolFrzTkdGS-z4Kqn-hpzzTFoz9Ddr_1ozcfLxazrKEUuYH2B_1fPyc8wNCV88465D-TfKa0pMwjGr0-krsN31Xob0hT765KPsCvXkj3zh3Avb7LBvPkggWzhqYMNp_1bi4laKKMYH1nANZQ3EB8tiDyyS4r4mlgUCbsYQeHy5mJ0vTtfZw074_1uvDeQOFR6YFn42ZQYJuzPxqlHHFhq2SAomo38hepEp-o6s4iyTe8OHgfpScrdGXTBlRwYMIYmbT_1Fsscsw1vMLzxvc7oluED4-CTqoONnYLKkWdUxoVbhka5jIZs0kgvgPThZK9rPkR14Pgv4_1hdO-rAnkRHkQqP3yrQgl1VE1Ckj5oeTJtgVmuDVzAtY0lQ-mjQteqdnPjJU13Rb7v4cih8_1vdaHquOkPqSfVNNl5B2hvg1VpNaLmP6hyMJGoirxjHrZc9U4K3qd7HAaYHLhDxE9XNA1e_1S9f_1LahKsslnnhjQC-5-0y2BGF1QK2SqrEeZSIsBbDxToG8X7Nck0tdf3N-XCg-Zyrs36C76Vr1CmWgFNCh-l7tnACja5CkvAjsfaH-aPIvM6nODwJTxMbhNEcdOloUqegW72Rs9XBRHgdI9AYQ8fTpSumL90ujBCXz9cGDzb1EN08wX9TsIVa_125J0rc02jMhSj5Ry0YVOEcYekw_1D7faYBJOLRJuNOsp9kW8pdnn1Eqeh22MitZesKACDtVANGRoLgEOBnl9AHmpqTUyKC4g7YacApzHIPXcpiQ3ioTKKMMWiABGDK_1nH2OQgc825Y-bghP571gwl2ymdNeq-b_1NgFc_1ZZ9aydQGZowOlJO-ZvUC_1vjPC5neGH32tZQsYdJxIFWkv1SekY390lmAzfVsAgAmPmSRiTQ-XNe7lum4K_1HhBcfPsLjXEdiPCqjAhmOaCt2iYXp-Rtaa084k5gj98QsbbbBnZXSWxtBOXShM1-omFrsIlLobnBSZhUY0PwixyoU5-eLeVRvRpB1ZKeWL7rIjZTLsMqjbMKxJ643Sj-tPf-ZyiBJmghFbF690BIre_1O0irV-Ic6FLVFQ01-i_1bdo7qFbG2p09gJaMkcZ3I&ei=jYYjVqPOE4iHaPbVuugN&start=0&sa=N

First hit on google. If still stuck click here.

• Moderators

Does anyone know where to get hold one of these from a UK supplier, don’t really fancy chancing ordering one from china

I got a multicam one from AIrsoft Peak, took about 2 weeks to get here no problem, kinda fitted it to my Fma helmet but prefer the mesh mask instead....if it wasn't for that, I'd have lost a tooth yesterday!

• Moderators

So got my CXP-UK1 yesterday... Test fired before game and bbs dribbled out end, guy there helped with it, did this later during first game again guy at UA helped with hop, which I was told would be set up before delivery and it worked well rest if day, so retry happy...just want more range!!!

(red bit ) so should I tweak it now at home and play with hop

And to help with range, new barrel and see how I get on?

Still new to this so may have written rubbish!

• Moderators

how long does it usually take to get onto the UKARA Database. My forms got dropped off to Firesupport on Saturday, so im guessing pretty quick

Do you get an email with your number on or something?.....

how long does it usually take to get onto the UKARA Database. My forms got dropped off to Firesupport on Saturday, so im guessing pretty quick

They want your money. :P

It depends on the retailer, but I think the norm is about 2 weeks.

I've got a CXP 08 ICS AEG. Though I would like to know where the hop is and how to change it. Also how do I know how much to adjust the hop? Cheers, you're doing great with all these questions.

I've got a CXP 08 ICS AEG. Though I would like to know where the hop is and how to change it. Also how do I know how much to adjust the hop? Cheers, you're doing great with all these questions.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=CXP+08+ICS+AEG&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=m-EjVoPSLsyua47ngfAH#q=CXP+08+ICS+AEG+hopup&tbm=vid

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=CXP+08+ICS+AEG+hop+up

• Supporters

The way to set your hop is to by trial and error - you're looking to make it over-hop (for the BB to rise significantly during its trajectory) then dial it back in tiny increments until you find the point at which the BB starts to drop early, then put a smidge back on. At this point it's down to personal preference how big that smidge is: whether you want the hop up effect to provide you with the longest flat-ish trajectory it can and the BB to then simply arc down to the ground, or whether you want just a hint of over-hop so that the effective range is increased but the trajectory rises a few inches at the end before the BB arcs to the ground - personally i choose the latter, but be aware that this can lead to some funky BB behaviour at extreme range when there's even a breath of wind. However you can use a tiny amount of over-hop to your advantage when shooting at targets in cover - for eg you can fire under vehicles, etc knowing that the BB will rise slightly to hit the legs of those hiding behind, but more spectacularly you can turn your AEG partly or even fully onto its side to make a BB trajectory curve around vertical cover...

Atmospheric conditions (temp, humidity & pressure) affect hop performance so you should always reset it at the start of any skirmish day, and adjust it during the day if you notice that you are getting more or less hop up effect than you want.

• Moderators

Cheers Ian, helped me as well with a few issues

Also, UKARA came in by email today.... Thank you Firesupport!!!....

So how is the best way to order from over seas or RIFs??

Cheers Ian, helped me as well with a few issues

Also, UKARA came in by email today.... Thank you Firesupport!!!....

So how is the best way to order from over seas or RIFs??

Try europe first. But remember it's only RIFs, not magazines, not suppressors, not stocks, not rails, not inner barrels or gearboxes, or sights, not even 50% of a RIF, but a whole RIF - though if you haven't a defence ordering a RIF in two parts is not only illegal but could yield negative consequences if caught (obviously does not apply here).

So if you get that evil message from UPS or another courier about airsoft stuff, if theres no RIF in the package, tell them to shuv it (while co-operating fully). :)

I'm wanting to change my M4 barrel to a shorter one, same as this:

GP-AEG-FRS003Sa.jpg

Could anyone please point me in the direction of an outer barrel which would fit a King Arms m4 and have the notches for the front sight in the right place? No idea what to look for tbh!