Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Ok I think I'll get a cheap pistol to use with my brother (this is basically just an upgrade from a nerf gun), and I'll get a shotgun to use for skirmishes. I have a friend who does airsoft at delta force strines which is pretty nearby for me so ill be able to tag along with him.

These are the shotguns I'm deciding between: https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/517/2-TONE-BB-GUNS/339/PUMP-SHOTGUNS/2650/MOSSBERG-500-AIRSOFT-SHOTGUN

And https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/517/2-TONE-BB-GUNS/339/PUMP-SHOTGUNS/656/STINGER-S32P-BB-PUMP-SHOTGUN

I think current winner is the first one.

Preferably I would just get a shotgun to use for both back garden and skirmishes, but when I told my brother it was 350fps and has reviews saying 'it really hurts when you get shot' he said he couldn't understand why anyone would want something like that.

Lol

• Moderators

mmmmm.......don't let sittingduck see you on that site!

messing around in the garden, kids toy really :), just protect your face and eyes no matter what!!

• Supporters

Well, fortunately for you (to save you from your instinct for a bargain which jbbg prey upon), Trisnpod, those Mossbergs are out of stock {OOS for future reference {FFR}} @jbbg. Trust us. We are not running a vendetta against jbbg for some imagined or real slight in the past, we are not running a vendetta at all, but warning you/anyone reading this because there are countless threads on here started by noobs who have all 1) heard about airsoft 2) googled it 3) found jbbg 4) bought a piece of shit {POS FFR} 5) tried to get a refund/replacement/repair 6) been simply ignored or lied to and finally 7) found us...

7a) we very often end up having to advise youngsters that whilst all airsoft guns are BB guns, not all BB guns are airsoft guns, regardless of what colour they are, or what FPS &/or range sites like jbbg quote. In this case there are some cheaper springer shotguns, both single and triple shot, which are skirmishable (in woodland most, but not all by any means, of them make for a challenging primary weapon and are thus often carried in over-the-shoulder holsters as secondaries, but they are fine for use @CQB sites {Close Quarter Battle = usually Urban}; indeed some people like to use a POS as a challenging primary @CQB to inflict more humiliation on their targets, but better learn some gun/tac skillz before you try that or you'll just get pwned all day long without even a hope of getting your own back), however AFAIK those 2 you picked out are not suitable beginners' primary weapons...

350/55FPS my arse - a cheap springer with a barrel that short will be lucky to produce over 300FPS if it is expected to work for more than about 5 shots, because the guts of them are made from plastic and zinc alloy {AKA pot metal/monkey metal/cheese}. Note that it says "JBBG TESTED" - well, we don't know for sure that they do not have a special high reading chronograph which they keep specifically for these tests, but what we do know is that if you fired one of our primary weapons which we know, from experience chronoing at various sites, shoots at, say, about 345FPS, those shotties would measure @least 45 less. BTW Crosman mainly make air pistols, which are a whole different kettle of fish to airsoft guns, and their POS BB guns are just a way of cashing in off people who don't know any better; Cybergun on the other hand don't make anything, they just put their label on other manufacturers' products to market them in countries where the original manufacturer has no distribution - i'm not 100% certain but i think that plastic Mossberg 500 design is made by Palco, who make a whole range of P'sOS all of which should be avoided apart from their CO2 powered pistols which, although very cheap, are surprisingly good.

As I said above, if you go for a cheap shottie, get either one of the Double Eagle M56 range (which fire 3 BB's per shot & are clones of a very successful Tokyo Marui design), or one of their M58 range which fire 1 BB per shot (I can't personally vouch for their M47 range, but others on here may be able to); or an ASG Franchi SAS which also come in either 3 or 1 BB/shot versions.

Is cash a major issue for you? If so, how much is your budget?

Thanks for that reply. I used to make quite a bit selling sweets at school, but I got snitched on so now i don't really have much to spend anymore. I'm happy to spend around £10-15 at the most £20. Looks like I'm going to have to start selling again, but this this time be a bit more discreet.

Unfortunately my brother's decided he won't get a BB gun and I can't change his mind so I've got a friend along with it instead.

• Supporters

Yeah, well sadly we also often have to advise youngsters that there is a minimum spend to get a decent gun - it's about £120 for an AEG, £35 for a non blowback {NBB} pistol, £65 for a gas blow back {GBB} pistol, and about £35-40 for a springer shottie. You will be much better to save up than bother with the kind of crap you can get for less than that. It seems that parents are often less than enthusiastic about their offspring getting into anything which, in their minds, involves guns. My advice is to put it to them like this: going airsofting at a UKARA registered site, where there are marshals who insist on the correct use of proper eye protection, and face protection for u16, where no members of the general public can be accidentally peppered with BB's or frightened by the sight of what looks like a bunch of terrorists with machine guns, is not only much safer than backgaredn plinking, but also a lot more fun...

Hello. nub here. ^_^

I am unable to search some of my questions as it is either very specific or somewhat technical.

I don't know where to post so I am posting here.

1) Am I able to mount a different stock on my M4 like the scar folding stock, sniper stock with cheek rest, etc.?

1.1) If so, then is this possible for other rifles as well? can you please name a few? How about the inner barrels? can they be interchangeable from gas to AEG?

2) Is the receiver for GBB and AEG interchangeable for both stock and its barrel/front (end, ris, barrel?) i dont know what it is called. Example: I purchased an AEG with motor that can shoot 500 fps but I would want to play indoor CQB so i change my lower receiver to a GBB. Then, just transfer my stock and short barrel to the GBB receiver.

3) Is there a ruberized grip for both m1911 pistol and m4 that are the same? I wanted something that is ergo and ruberized as my palms are very sweaty (and I would not want to purchase grip gloves and have I it cut on last section of the the pointer finger part. )

4) question about chargers and motors.

4.1) Can any charger (fast charger with the auto voltage and auto shut off when full) be used in any type of battery like lipo and such (dunno other batts)?

4.1.1) Can you recommend a brand for both charger and battery?

4.2) Would it be better to have multiple motors than multiple guns? I am planning to have a one receiver style that is for assaulting and/or sniping. Preferably the M4. All i have to do is to change pistol grip, barrel (inner as well) and stock to fit desired role. And is this even possible or am I just over thinking it? Which motors would do the job? (indoors assault, outside assault and DMR style) (do i even have to change internals for this?)

5) Obviously, I am a beginner and not a very meticulous person. I would want to purchase a secondary that is green gas. I would like BB as well. Would you recommend this or should I stick with a Non-BB for less maintenance?

5.1) Are motorized pistols good? (do they even exist?)

6) The inner barrel, do they bend easy?

7) I read that it would be best not to open up the gearbox until something breaks inside.

• Supporters

F*ck me even by my standards that ain't quick questions

1 yes folding stocks but battery needs to go elsewhere

1a yes ak's can have folding stocks too

2 hmmm kind of but not 101% exactly certain of each model to model

3 pistol grips are different on each gun AEG m4 AK n pistols are not same

4 nimah & lipo - lipo is modern battery as nimah is crap
Turnigy battery genuine B6 charger SHS motor torque
Nope a SHS high torque or Lonex are great all rounders
Neodym motors very strong magnets - very strong motors

5 AEG primary Green gas pistol £30 for non blowback or about £80 upwards for blowback. Starting out a cheapo will do same job if money is tight

6 only if you sit on them or clobber trees with ya gun

7 yup if it ain't broke don't try to fix it

Phew

lots of info in the sticky/tutorials n guides - this one is a goldmine of stuff to get started with:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

• Supporters

1) Am I able to mount a different stock on my M4 like the scar folding stock, sniper stock with cheek rest, etc.?

No. Only M4 stocks go on an M4. There are dozens of different M4 stocks. The buffer tube is different for GBBR M4s and AEGs so the stocks are not compatible usually.

1.1) If so, then is this possible for other rifles as well? can you please name a few? How about the inner barrels? can they be interchangeable from gas to AEG?

GBBR and AEG barrels are different. Some rifles can have different stocks but M4s are the most versatile. G36 have 3-4 differnt stocks, Scars have some, Mp5/G3 can have different ones too. Also AKs as Duck said.

2) Is the receiver for GBB and AEG interchangeable for both stock and its barrel/front (end, ris, barrel?) i dont know what it is called. Example: I purchased an AEG with motor that can shoot 500 fps but I would want to play indoor CQB so i change my lower receiver to a GBB. Then, just transfer my stock and short barrel to the GBB receiver.

GBB and AEG receivers are not compatible at all.

3) Is there a ruberized grip for both m1911 pistol and m4 that are the same? I wanted something that is ergo and ruberized as my palms are very sweaty (and I would not want to purchase grip gloves and have I it cut on last section of the the pointer finger part. )

No. There are rubberized grips but they are very different for those 2 guns. Actually I'm not sure about M4 rubberized grips, but there must be one. Or just put a rubber thing on it. There are factory made ones but actually a piece of a bicycle inner tube works great too.

4) question about chargers and motors.

4.1) Can any charger (fast charger with the auto voltage and auto shut off when full) be used in any type of battery like lipo and such (dunno other batts)?

There are chargers that can charge most of the airsoft batteries, like the Imax B6 but not all of them can do all types. For example an Imax B3 can only do lipo.

4.1.1) Can you recommend a brand for both charger and battery?

Imax B6AC charger and Turnigy lipos from hobbyking.

4.2) Would it be better to have multiple motors than multiple guns? I am planning to have a one receiver style that is for assaulting and/or sniping. Preferably the M4. All i have to do is to change pistol grip, barrel (inner as well) and stock to fit desired role. And is this even possible or am I just over thinking it? Which motors would do the job? (indoors assault, outside assault and DMR style) (do i even have to change internals for this?)

Motors have nothing to do with FPS. They only change how quick the gun can fire. Also barrel length have very little to do with range. The power of the AEG comes from the spring. You need more power, you need a stronger spring (there are many many other factors to this, but this is the base). First of all, you don't need a DMR. You will not have that much range on others as you imagine, but the minimum engagement distance WILL hinder you big time. A proper AEG below 350 fps gives you 60 meters of range where you can hit a man sized target easily. That's plenty enough. A DMR can give you about 70m. Airsoft contacts are mostly on 40-50m woodland, 10-30 for CQB.

If you do want to use the same gun on different power levels. (I would use 350 on woodland and 300 on CQB to avoid hurting people) choose a gun that can do that out of the box. ICS split gearbox guns, PTWs have the quick spring change feature for M4s.

5) Obviously, I am a beginner and not a very meticulous person. I would want to purchase a secondary that is green gas. I would like BB as well. Would you recommend this or should I stick with a Non-BB for less maintenance?

NBB is for snipers. AEPs and NBBs are so unsatisfying to shoot compared to a GBB. If you want to have a hangun for fun, GBB is the way. If you want a silent backup for the MED distances, NBB or Aep. However, as a beginner you don't need a pistol at all. You just won't use it. Get two AEGs first. One is primary, the other one is your backup when the primary lets you down. Or for example the M4 for woodland, a short AK or Mp5 for CQB/backup.

5.1) Are motorized pistols good? (do they even exist?)

They lack the range and power. They are called AEP (automatic electric pistol). The only thing that makes them usable is their full auto capacity. I have organized a few games where only secondary or springer weapons could be used. The AEPs performed very very bad compared to others.

6) The inner barrel, do they bend easy?

? :)

7) I read that it would be best not to open up the gearbox until something breaks inside.

Very true.

• Moderators

. That's plenty enough. A DMR can give you about 70m. Airsoft contacts are mostly on 40-50m woodland, 10-30 for CQB.

If you do want to use the same gun on different power levels. (I would use 350 on woodland and 300 on CQB to avoid hurting people) choose a gun that can do that out of the box. ICS split gearbox guns, PTWs have the quick spring change feature for M4s.

UA is 328 and its classed as CQB, im looking at the ICS CXP UK1 as i like the idea of easy swap parts......just no one at time of posting i have found has the upper parts in stock...yet!

Then id only need one to take it to 350 for the other sites i plan to go to....and swap out as needed.

300 sounds nice but i guess that's only ideal for indoor only sites???

If you really want to change the FPS, buy a gun with a quick change spring system. But personally, I think you're overcomplicating it.

Don't dive straight into the deep end and buy a relatively simple and easy to use gun (check out Ian Gere's beginner guide).

All FPS really does is change the time it takes to hit the target. Accuracy and range is more affected by the barrel size and the hop-up.

300 FPS is a good start, you don't really need any more as the benefits will be negligible and will allow to shoot people without hurting them as much :)

Thanks for the reply. (still have not purchased my gear yet.) (i am still thinking if i should get AK or M4).

Anyway, I plan to jog around the park and want to make myself familiar with the weight of the common gear. However, I would not want to jog carrying an AEG or be in camo. I have not planned on putting up a scope or anything yet. I would want to familiarize myself with iron sights. (i even think i would not even be able to use the sights it as much).

Do you have a rough estimate of the weight of an AEG with metal receiver? and please add any weight that i might have not considered.

I think I can manufacture a rectangular metal box with a grip on it. and it would not look very suspicious. (or atleast i think.)

• Supporters

plastic or polymer aeg's are about 2 to 2.5kg

all metal are "about" 4kg

there was a post about gun weights then somebody posted about 7kg for a mofo m249 with box mag

stamina - well depends on site and your own play style

A lot of games involves careful (quick) evaluation, a bit of sprinting

(you sprint to cover and use it - well that is the theory)

but most succesful tactics is involving just pure clever sneaky stealth

or

WTF - LETS JUST 'AVE SOME - though this is really for the time based games with unlimited re-spawn for attacking side

just get playing - you will soon knock yourself into or in my case out of shape

• Moderators

post here instead of a sling topic!

looking for a single point sling i guess (is that the term) i can run from my back plate for my 901 chest rig, up, through the shoulder or attached to the shoulder strap and down the front....bascailly fixed to the back via MOLLE loop, up and over...

or something similar, just to hold the AEG

• Moderators

sorry another question....

pressure pads....how would you fit this one? just some velco or tape

can you get grips with a universal groove to fit this in?

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/xtar-accessories/xtar-pressure-switch.html

already have the torch for other no airsoft reasons so this would be ideal instead of a new one

looking for a single point sling i guess (is that the term) i can run from my back plate for my 901 chest rig, up, through the shoulder or attached to the shoulder strap and down the front....bascailly fixed to the back via MOLLE loop, up and over...

Something like this then? http://www.uktactical.com/p-5707-warrior-qrs-fastex-sling-coyote-tan.aspx

They do it in black, multicam and tan.

sorry another question....

pressure pads....how would you fit this one? just some velco or tape

can you get grips with a universal groove to fit this in?

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/xtar-accessories/xtar-pressure-switch.html

already have the torch for other no airsoft reasons so this would be ideal instead of a new one

you could get something like this to slide the switch into - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-external-parts-237839/asg-foregrip.htm#.Vg0D5itUDSE

or just use leccy tape to tape it to your handguard or current vertical foregrip if you have one

• Moderators

Something like this then? http://www.uktactical.com/p-5707-warrior-qrs-fastex-sling-coyote-tan.aspx

They do it in black, multicam and tan.

that will do....think ive got some vouchers/codes to try!

completely forgot to look on their site

thanks for that :)

you could get something like this to slide the switch into - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-external-parts-237839/asg-foregrip.htm#.Vg0D5itUDSE

or just use leccy tape to tape it to your handguard or current vertical foregrip if you have one

cheers, i thought i had seen one before, just wasnt sure if it would fit.
might try the tape idea and see how i get on :)

• Moderators

and another!....saves new topics!

These have been out a while but are these rails available anywhere?, not had much luck yet?

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/191367-review-mtek-fast-g3ag3ct3c-facial-armor-system/

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/454-airsoft-face-protection-the-fast-t3c.html

• Supporters

Ta-dah! http://ferroconcepts.com/collections/slings/products/lw-mops-molle-one-point-sling-1 I have that exact sling on MY 901 with back panel. Works a treat. From here: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/ferro-concepts---molle-one-point-sling-16082-p.asp