Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Edits after fact checking:

KS is allegedly a rebrand of JG (who in turn have many of their parts used by other manufacturers manufacturers - most notably Echo 1).

So the answer is that they have no website as they're not strictly a manufacturer. Look up JG if you want to see their products.

I was aware of the Echo 1 connection, but not of the JG connection - I'm planning to spend £220 on KS, do you have any info on what differentiates the KS from the original JG?

Thanks for this answer, looks like my first AEG will be JG.

• Supporters

I was aware of the Echo 1 connection, but not of the JG connection - I'm planning to spend £220 on KS, do you have any info on what differentiates the KS from the original JG?

Thanks for this answer, looks like my first AEG will be JG.

Nowt wrong with JG as a budget AEG manufacturer, but £220 sounds a bit strong. Specifically I'd look into replacing the hop rubber.

• Supporters

Lonex steel 6.03 barrel for £23 or Madbull 6.03 aluminium for £30?

Not heard anything about Lonex barrels before, no idea how good they are..

The Madbull TBB's are made in a 2 stage process which uses a coating to fill in the imperfections in the inner surface created during manufacture of the aluminium tube. Initially then it probably is a better choice for accuracy than the Lonex. However being a coating it is more susceptible to wear from use and cleaning than stainless steel. As a general plan then I'd say the Lonex for a gun you anticipate using on full-auto often and the Madbull for a gun you plan to use on semi-auto/single shot.

The Madbull TBB's are made in a 2 stage process which uses a coating to fill in the imperfections in the inner surface created during manufacture of the aluminium tube. Initially then it probably is a better choice for accuracy than the Lonex. However being a coating it is more susceptible to wear from use and cleaning than stainless steel. As a general plan then I'd say the Lonex for a gun you anticipate using on full-auto often and the Madbull for a gun you plan to use on semi-auto/single shot.

Thanks, I'll give the lonex a go this time then.

• Supporters

^^What length? What gun? Any other upgrades? Please let us know how you get on with it.

^^What length? What gun? Any other upgrades? Please let us know how you get on with it.

Annoyingly I couldn't get a lonex or madbull in the right size...thought a 300mm would be OK but after measuring I ended up needing a 275mm, so got a zci 6.02 steel barrel from ak2m4.

It's for my scar, not actually upgrading it just reducing it down to cqc length, although as WE gearboxes are a bit 'meh' I might end up upgrading it properly at some point.

• Supporters

^^I'd be interested to hear how that works out. I've had good results from a Guarder chromed brass 6.02mm TBB of about the same length, even on full-auto and occasionally using BB King ammo. Bear in mind that your FPS will jump by approx +30 (going from 6.08 to 6.03mm adds about 30FPS from barrel lengths of around 430-550mm, so the slightly tighter barrel should give about the same even though it is shorter). So you may have to visit your spring to keep within your site's limits.

Installed the ZCI barrel, impressed with the quality so far. End is well crowned and has an indented o-ring to help stabilize it.

Not sure about fps precisely as I've not got my own chrono but visually I'd not say there's been much of a difference, think the shorter length has pretty much counteracted the tight bore.

Don't hate but is it legal to paint a two tone gun without a ukara?

And how do you make red?

It is Legal, as long as you can prove your an Airsofter/Reenactor/Film studio

UKARA is only one way of providing a defense, there are many others.

• Supporters

It is Legal, as long as you can prove your an Airsofter/Reenactor/Film studio

UKARA is only one way of providing a defense, there are many others.

The law states that its legal to own a RIF for the purpose of playing airsoft.

Technically you can own one without ever actually playing as long as you have it with the intention of using it for playing airsoft one day.

The whole VCRA and UKARA thing is totally misunderstood.

You could search 'airsoft skipton' and summut should come up mate.

Cerberus Airsoft and First & Only should have some near you.

Sorry I can't change colour im on el fone

Hi I've just bought an airsoft gun, I have a lipo battery( 1300mah 7.4v 25c 8wh with a turnigy s2/s3 charger with Croc clips but no plug for plug socked how can I charge this

a car battery

Get the mah of the car battery and the mah of the lipo and divide lipo by car to get hours needed. Remember to check whilst charging though to ensure it isn't overheating

But mate, I wouldn't do it. R=V/I and the car battery has low voltage but can be up in the 45,000mah and higher current means higher temperature because more of the energy goes into the wire as heat rather than down it as electricity

• Supporters

Right, you've misunderstood - the battery charger is powered by the car battery, you don't try and charge the LiPo directly from the car battery.