Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters

Broking - making other people broke :lol: (just messing)

Broking - making other people broke :lol: (just messing)

did I spell it wrong? :P

yeah my uncles all work in business, all made a killing in it.... but it's better to have less money i think, they are certainly unhappy or unhappier than us... but they have 100 times the money

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was talking to someone about my WE M9. He said that WE guns can use CO2 instead of Green gas and apparently it works better in cold weather.

Do I need to buy some kind of conversion kit or can WE guns take CO2 standard?

• Supporters

Do AK74 mags fit in 5.56/"M4" mag pouches?

As M_P said, they can be a bit tight. Basically if the pouch holds a STANAG mag tightly you will struggle getting a 74 mag in and out quickly, but if they are a bit loose, yeah no problem. Open top pouches should be fine.

• Supporters

Do AK74 mags fit in 5.56/"M4" mag pouches?

They fit in WAS 5.56 pouches but only one at a time (unlike the M4 mags which you can fit 2 in) the top flap should work too as long as you don't adjust it too short.

Are there specific things I need to consider when adding a silencer to my Steyr Aug?

yes CCW and CW thread. So they do go on without cross threading both... cross check your silencer and your outer barrel make sure they are right

Edited by Ian_Gere
format & colour

• Supporters

Are there specific things I need to consider when adding a silencer to my Steyr Aug?

Why do you want to add one?

Anyone know of anyone who does custom builds as Dave's custom once did? Looking to have an M72a9 made as I don't have the time or space to do it myself at the moment so someone UK based who can work with PVC?

• Supporters

I am ordering a battery what connection will i need for the G&G GC-16 raider? it says deans, tamiya, mini tamiya, mini deans

which one will fit thanks

If it's not been modified then it should be mini tamiya.

Is there a beginners tech guide or youtube series that any of you can recommend? I've found a few which are kinda helpful in places but almost everything I find give almost no help for actual beginners. So far I've stuck to guns decent out of the box, (Combat machine and TM recoil) but I want to try and learn how to improve internals. I have an ICS L85 that needs some TLC :)

- Ant

• Supporters

Is there a beginners tech guide or youtube series that any of you can recommend? I've found a few which are kinda helpful in places but almost everything I find give almost no help for actual beginners. So far I've stuck to guns decent out of the box, (Combat machine and TM recoil) but I want to try and learn how to improve internals. I have an ICS L85 that needs some TLC :)

- Ant

Something you need to know is that ICS L85's are not parts compatible with most gearboxes. Off the top of my head I recall that the cam on the sector gear will not work if you replace it with a standard gear set and, i'm pretty sure, the piston is proprietary also.

You could look on youtube. I've taught myself to tech my guns by watching YT vids to find someone taking that gun apart and reassembling it, then having a go. It has been trial and error. Many errors :lol:

I suspect everyone develops their own techniques, but the first thing you probably want to know is how to prevent the gearbox from pinging parts all over the room when you open it: use a thin screwdriver to insert into the spring guide and hold the main spring down against the left hand half of the shell, but the first you need to know is to release any tension in the gears. I use a bent paperclip to poke up through where the motor attaches and hook around the anti-reversal latch; i then pull it to disengage the ARL allowing the gears to spin backward; it can take 2-3 goes before there is no tension at all - failing to do this can cause teeth to be knocked off the sector gear.

• Supporters

anyone know of a decent TM parts supplier, for uncommon parts (i was using pulse until they went under)

​(please note i have tried uk retailers .... they don't seem interested though)

• Supporters

anyone know of a decent TM parts supplier, for uncommon parts (i was using pulse until they went under)

​(please note i have tried uk retailers .... they don't seem interested though)

https://impulse101.jp/ they re-started under a different name.

• Supporters

thanks for that mate, however i feel a little pi$$ed at them as they still owe me for a few bits :angry: , so i wont be trusting them again

(specifically = SV-12 barrel end : 2790 yen)

Fair enough but that's barely £15. Not insignificant but still...hardly a fortune.

(sent from phone)

what is best way of looking after steel receivers to prevent rust forming in nooks and crannies? When I used air rifles it was a rag with generic "gun oil", any better ideas out there?