Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

I'm a bit of a noob.

I'm looking to buy a G&G Combat machine AEG CM16 Carbine. Zerooneairsoft offer an added m90 or m100 spring for an extra £35. What does this do/affect? Would anyone reccomend me buying this extra?

Also is this gun good enough on it's own or do I need to buy a good hop-up to increase accuracy?

And also what is the best battery for this gun?

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm a bit of a noob.

I'm looking to buy a G&G Combat machine AEG CM16 Carbine. Zerooneairsoft offer an added m90 or m100 spring for an extra £35. What does this do/affect? Would anyone reccomend me buying this extra?

Also is this gun good enough on it's own or do I need to buy a good hop-up to increase accuracy?

Thanks a lot!!!

The spring is just going to effect the power of the gun. The number means the velocity the gun should shoot at in metres per second. Could be a little different because of course not every gun will perform exactly the same (it can depend on the air seal or new parts that are put in like a tightbore barrel will increase power) 90 m/s is about 300 FPS and 100 is about 328.

You only need to downgrade the spring if the gun is shooting over 350 FPS. I don't think the G&G Combat Machines will.

The performance should be great! I have heard a lot of good things said that they can do better than much more expensive guns actually! So no you should not need a new hop up.

In the future you might want to get some new parts but I would say if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Doing any upgrades straight away would be unnecessary and also I would not recommend doing upgrades and things as a beginner because you might not want to do it with limited knowledge and the other option is pay for it to be done but that means it is expensive. £35 for a spring change (spring itself could be bought for just a tenner or less)

Component-Shop is a good place to look for batteries! Any of the brands are good I don't think it really matters. I'd recommend 7.4V LiPo batteries. I think if some other people comment they will be able to help you out more because they have a Combat Machine so they know which batteries will fit and things like that.

Is there much difference in quality between ASG and TM shotgun shells?

Yep, would recommend trying to get TM. I know the ASG ones can be faulty OOTB, I bought a pack of five or six (not sure exactly how many) and a least a couple didn't work.

They can be fixed (there was an unjamming tutorial on YouTube I think would do it) but the Marui ones should be more reliable.

• Supporters

I'm a bit of a noob.

Thanks a lot!!!

It should be a decent gun out of the box and if it isn't (ie if you have trouble hitting a man sized target at 45m in calm wind conditions) you should immediately invoke the warranty. There is no need to upgrade anything, but if you have the "fiddle-bug" an H-nub will improve accuracy a little. This is a tiny component of the hop unit, btw, and there are various types. The one made by Element is usually around £2 and works fine.

You are best off asking Zero One for a battery, because then you know it will fit and you will save yourself the P&P that buying from componentshop.co.uk would incur (although componentshop are good if you cannot get a deal you like out of Z1). You are best going with a 7.4V LiPo battery, but these require a particular type of charger - the best bet for a cheap LiPo "balancing" charger is called iMax B3 and can be found new on ebay or amazon for about £7-12, even cheaper sometimes - a better bet, which will cover all your battery charging needs for the medium to long term is the iMax B6 which comes in 2 types, with the mains power supply built in, or separate (this is exactly the same machine as the Turnigy Accucell 6 which is often recommended, just in a different colour case). Without a MOSFET to replace the stock trigger switch power handling however, a good quality 9.6V NiMh battery (VP Racing/Vapex) will do the trick just as well and these can be charged from £5 trickle chargers.

In either case I'm pretty sure the shape of battery you need is called a 'nunchuck' battery, which has the cells divided into 2 (or 3 sometimes) sticks which fit into the compartments in the stock. Although some CM16's take a battery in the handguard, hence why I said ask Z1.

Are the Glock 18 and the Glock 17 the same dimension (excluding the selector plate), I own a Glock 18 and want a hard shell holster for it but all I can find are Glock 17 holsters, they look the same size and the real Glock 17 I fired in America was the exact same size as I remember. So basically if I buy a Glock 17 hard holster will the Glock 18 fit???

Are the Glock 18 and the Glock 17 the same dimension (excluding the selector plate), I own a Glock 18 and want a hard shell holster for it but all I can find are Glock 17 holsters, they look the same size and the real Glock 17 I fired in America was the exact same size as I remember. So basically if I buy a Glock 17 hard holster will the Glock 18 fit???

Different gun brands may be different sizes but the glock 18 & 17 are completely the same, other than one is full auto and one isn't, so they will fit the same holster. However, airsoft glocks are a PITA and aren't actually compatible with proper glock holsters and I believe you need a glock 23 holster for the 18 to fit. (on phone, can't change colour)

Edited by Ian_Gere
there u go re colour - Ian G

Different gun brands may be different sizes but the glock 18 & 17 are completely the same, other than one is full auto and one isn't, so they will fit the same holster. However, airsoft glocks are a PITA and aren't actually compatible with proper glock holsters and I believe you need a glock 23 holster for the 18 to fit. (on phone, can't change colour)

KWA, KSC and ASG Glocks are 1:1 with the real thing and the 17/18 will fit in the same holster.

WE and TM Glocks are slightly oversized and a Glock 21 holster should be a better fit. [On Mobile]

Edited by Ian_Gere
& u too

Anyone know if a Warlord Tactical l119 barrel set will fit a G&P M4 RAS 6 position?

They think it may, but it's designed for the Marui and they are unsure if it will fit through the handguard.

A very Noob question, I have just got myself a combat raider and need some new M4 Mags, but my brother has told me they are not all the same as his mayes do not fit his gun and vise versa, is this true? if so what do I need to look out for?

• Supporters

A very Noob question, I have just got myself a combat raider and need some new M4 Mags, but my brother has told me they are not all the same as his mayes do not fit his gun and vise versa, is this true? if so what do I need to look out for?

I'm not sure about hi-caps, but if you want mid-caps, MAG brand will fit and are good quality and reasonably priced. Otherwise, to be absolutely sure, buy G&G mags.

If you can get your hands on some G&G plastic 120 round midcaps, they're extremely good value and very durable. Here's an image, they're a funky style with inspiration from magazines made by a real firearms company called Magpul:

g-08-101.jpg

They come in full Tan, black with tan baseplate and tan with black baseplate as well as the standard black.

Cool, so a general rule of thumb is try to stick to the same brand if unsure?

I figured all mags of a type such as AK M4 M5 etc would be universal... I suppose nothing else in pretty much any industry is so why should these lol..

Thanks boys!!

Cool, so a general rule of thumb is try to stick to the same brand if unsure?

I figured all mags of a type such as AK M4 M5 etc would be universal... I suppose nothing else in pretty much any industry is so why should these lol..

Thanks boys!!

It's generally easier than buying a full set of mags from a different brand only to find out they don't fit/feed in your gun.

So I bought a 552 clone, and a holosight which cost £5 (for the cover). I just tested it and it shattered, obviously not shooting with the clone behind, however I need a BB shield that will do the job, but needs to be small enough to fit on two gaps of 20 mm rail. anyone know any? thanks btw :)

• Supporters

Anyone know of an over ear headset which can be placed over my right ear that's not a ZTac Evo 3?

Z-Tac Evo II...?

• Supporters

So I bought a 552 clone, and a holosight which cost £5 (for the cover). I just tested it and it shattered, obviously not shooting with the clone behind, however I need a BB shield that will do the job, but needs to be small enough to fit on two gaps of 20 mm rail. anyone know any? thanks btw :)

Speed shields, socom tactical have them.

• Supporters

I am building a gun with a 300mm inner barrel, excluding the flash hider length, for my M4, how long should my outer barrel be?

10.5" will cover it.

If I want to extend the length of my inner barrel, do I simply fit a longer internal barrel than stock, then install a suitably long flash hider (or more likely, a dummy suppressor) to cover the inner barrel, then pack the space between the two to prevent any wobbling? is there a better way to do it?

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

If I want to extend the length of my inner barrel, do I simply fit a longer internal barrel than stock, then install a suitably long flash hider (or more likely, a dummy suppressor) to cover the inner barrel, then pack the space between the two to prevent any wobbling? is there a better way to do it?

Thanks in advance

You could get a longer outer barrel. What gun is this for?