Ideas on first begginer loadout

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Allocate a lot of that money for clothing towards face and eye protection. Being under 18 most will want you to wear a full face mask like these:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/full-face-airsoft-protection/patrol-base-full-face-fencing-style-mesh-mask.htm

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=287_438&products_id=2441

But if your site is more lenient then you can get by with a pair of decent goggles and a half face mask. I don't know of any site that allows under 18s to play with just goggles/glasses. For that matter full seal goggles are a lot safer than shooting glasses as there's no risk of BBs getting into your eyes. I personally use these:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/smith-optics-elite-boogie-regulator-goggle-10085-p.asp

Has vents to stop fogging and is rated to withstand impacts much higher than you'll get at an airsoft site.

Like jcheeseright said: everything else is just playing dress up.

Surplus stuff would be a good idea. Might not be original or offer the best concealment depending on what your site is like, but you can pick up an MTP UBACS for £20 and a pair of trousers for £18.

Bullseye Country Sports & Baseline supplies sell Invader Gear clothes which look good quality and they do lots of camo such as CADPAT, MARPAT, A-TACS FG (isn't genuine pattern but close!)

Military1st and Flecktarn.co.uk are good websites for gear and clothing too. I also really like the tactical gear websites (Tactical Kit, UK Tactical)

UK Tactical always has a load of stuff on sale really cheap, whereas Tactical Kit doesn't have as many sales but they do a load of giveaways on their FB page.

I would highly recommend UK Tactical for pouches. For a chest rig or vest you have a lot of choice so any of the websites I've mentioned. Tactical Kit for eye pro and things.

Asian airsoft websites for misc stuff, accessories and so on (I'll list some later when I'm on my computer) like a FAST helmet. Hope this helps!

367 fps? Gonna need a downgrade to use it at most sites. For the price a G&G combat machine or an ICS M4 Sportline would be a wiser investment as these are known to be reliable.

Not saying the asg rifle is rubbish, but without knowing more about it (i.e. what it's a rebrand of) then I would go for a more well known gun.

260 for gun.

50 for clothing.

60 for eye protection and extra accesories.

Get a G&P gun/ G&G t4-18 gen 2 (without mosfet)

buy standard mtp clothing or multicam at your local surplus store for cheap along with boots that fit. Perhaps get a cheap webbing as well that can hold a few mags.

Buy good Bolles etc for say £20 if over 16 and don't need full face. Then buy some cheap mags maybe 3 mids and 1 hi cap and you are ready to skirmish.

Thanks I will look it up

P.s what is the normal limit on fps at a woodland site?

350 fps for most sites.

328 for cqb (indoors). thats for aegs with full auto btw. The guns i said in the above are all in that bracket...

Hey there, as a beginner myself I would say start with a gun, once you have that sorted the vest and pouches would depend on the gun, no point buying pouches for a M4 if you have AK mags etc...

Also it depends where you play for your kit. And as I play indoors in the dark mostly I went to Primark and got black combat trousers and a long sleeve tee shirt. For a beginner go for cheap stuff, I hit Ebay hard when I first started, got a mask, gun sling, belt, mag pouches, knee pads and pistols holster from there, nothing cost much more than a tenner for each item.

This is pretty much the extent of my current loadout.

However I am looking to do lots of outdoor skirmishing next year so will want some sort of multicam set up with a decent vest and backpack to carry all my gear.

But like I say, the kit doesnt need to be to spec or expensive and also be careful not to buy things you dont want or need, I built my kit up over 4 or 5 skirmishes, realising after each one I needed something else. On my first visit to an Airsoft shop they tried selling me over half their stock :angry: "now Sir, you need a vest, this one here is only £89.99, also these gloves at £25.99 go great and match this mask at £85.99 GRRRRR

Only thing I would reccomend spending money on is face protection, either a cool AND COMFORTABLE full face mask, but make sure your visability is ok, or a decent pair of goggles and lower mask.

I don't like iron sights as much since a red dot gives you a clearer sight picture. But thats my personal opinion. Obviously iron sights benefit from not needing batteries to use them like red dots.

A cheap sight will cost as little as £17 if you really look into it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.