I'm under 18 and want to play airsoft

Thealebear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm in high school but under 18 and want to buy my first airsoft gun to use at local sites but I don't want to have to buy a two tone gun. Would I be able to get somebody else to buy it for me or is there another option please help.

Sincerely Thealebear

You need a defence to buy a RIF. Just be like every other under 18 year old and get a two tone.

Ik everyone will be bitching about the law but I'm 14 and I am going to buy a polarstar at some point, and I am going to buy the magpul moe set for the bits that at two toned e.g and front handguard. If you keep it in the gunbag , only use for skirmishes and are sensible no one is going to care.

/thread

Unfortunately, Flex, swapping out coloured parts for realistic ones counts as 'Manufacturing' a RIF which is indeed illegal without a valid defence. The OP is better off buying a 2-toned AEG off Zero One or somewhere and using removable sniper tape on the coloured parts which OP can take off at the end of a skirmish.

Unfortunately, Flex, swapping out coloured parts for realistic ones counts as 'Manufacturing' a RIF which is indeed illegal without a valid defence. The OP is better off buying a 2-toned AEG off Zero One or somewhere and using removable sniper tape on the coloured parts which OP can take off at the end of a skirmish.

yes i know, but who cares? I may well be manufacturing an RIF however when I skirmish I will put the stock and handguard on, and when I go home I will swap it for two tone.

yes i know, but who cares? I may well be manufacturing an RIF however when I skirmish I will put the stock and handguard on, and when I go home I will swap it for two tone.

I'm in your situation and I'm ( my parents then gift it) going to buy a two tone then use fairy spray to remove it

This is legal if you can prove you are a regular skirmishes eg pictures being 18 doesn't matter as that is only to do with buying and selling

(Correct me if wrong)

I'm in your situation and I'm ( my parents then gift it) going to buy a two tone then use fairy spray to remove it

This is legal if you can prove you are a regular skirmishes eg pictures being 18 doesn't matter as that is only to do with buying and selling

(Correct me if wrong)

yep, no one will care. when I get my G&P polarstar I am going to spray the rails on put a moe stock on, because two tone is bloody annoying.

Imagine this... you go to a skirmish and you brag about what you have just done. The guy stood next to you in old-school DPM hears what you have been talking about, takes you to one side and shows you his warrant card because he is a serving Police officer and knows the law.

I know at least one Police officer who skirmishes on a regular basis and knows a bit about the VCRA, and he might not take kindly to somebody risking the hobby he enjoys indulging in...

We have a member of the police force who regularly skirmishes at our site, he would pull anyone up for not having gone by the rules. The rules are weak, they are flawed, but by flouting them you are dangering the sport. I assume you are not long away from being 18, if so just wait till you are. If you are a way away from turning 18, if your parents have a defence for buying a RIF then there is nothing to stop them gifting it to you. The rules are there, but if you get a RIF follow them and use the loop holes to get one rather than breaking them.

You may find that if you speak to your site organiser they may hold a RIF for you until you are 18 and allow you to "rent" it off them for skirmishes but will keep it on site in-between game days.

I think most people like myself who have a genuine defence and actually care about airsoft do indeed care if a kid or an under 18 year old owns a full RIF. Things like that, if investigated can in fact ban airsoft for everyone so just please follow the rules and law and stop trying to bypass it and own a RIF when you're not entitled to, Team Flex.

well not at my place. I honestly don't think anyone would care if I got out a bright green gun, then swapped the green stuff for black for the games, and as soon as the day was done swapped it back out for black. In my opinion and at my site I don't think anyone would mind/tell or even comment really for that matter. I understand you say it could ban airsoft, however u18s are running around with guns which they aren't supposed to have (unless their dad/mum bought and gave it to them for free which will never really happen to people who don't get spoiled).

Thank you for all the replies. Do you think that if I take a two tone to skirmishes that the colours will give me away too much and can my dad get a permit then gift the RIF to me? Thank you

I do it with two tone atm. I stand out like a sore thumb, and afterwards everyone comes up to me telling me how they saw me because of the bright green on my gun. In more green areas however you may be fine.

well not at my place. I honestly don't think anyone would care if I got out a bright green gun, then swapped the green stuff for black for the games, and as soon as the day was done swapped it back out for black. In my opinion and at my site I don't think anyone would mind/tell or even comment really for that matter. I understand you say it could ban airsoft, however u18s are running around with guns which they aren't supposed to have (unless their dad/mum bought and gave it to them for free which will never really happen to people who don't get spoiled).

You don't understand do you?

You. Are. Not. Allowed. BY LAW. To. own. A. RIF. No. Matter. What. Site. You. Go. To.

the clear plastic rather than bright painted two-tones are far more subtle and don't stand out so much

yeah, I made the mistake of buying two tone. I was hoping my dad would get a ukara defence. well that fell through the roof you could say.

If my dad brought the gun and gifted it to me but I just payed him the money would that break any laws and are there any othere ways of gettin a RIF without breaking the law. I dont want to hurt the sport or those who play it.

yes it would, hes technically selling you the RIF which is illegal, but no one would know, and plenty of people do it but some people might feel unhappy about it. Its your choice and your call.

Would sites let me play with a RIF thats been gifted or not

well it is perfectly legal so yes, if your dad had a UKARA that should be allowed. People would probably ask you about it.

Thank you I have talked to my dad and he said that he would also like to get into airsoft and will do all the neccesary things to get a UKARA. So that he can gift a RIF and get one for himself too. Which I will pay for. Thank you everyone that helped. And I hope I the younger generation can help the sport.

yup no issues with gifted RIFs on sites.

BTW, our comments before are not meant to sound anal or jobsworths, it is for concern and the love of the sport. We want to continue without legislation that could force all airsoft guns potentially having to be 2-tone and further legislation controlling or stopping the sport.

Just be aware that your dad will be breaking the law if you buy a RIF off him without a defence and under 18. Telling the world on a public forum you are going to break the law is not wise mate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.