Not Another SW Noob! :P

YoshiC88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All!

Im Yoshi! 25 From The Land of Hobbiton (Sorry i mean Wiltshire!)

I'm a former Army Cadet (GO ANZIO COY!) where i found my passion for firearms (used sensibly and correctly of course!) when sadly turning 18 hit and was no longer allowed to go (and not going into the army (thats a whole other level! but massive respect to the troop that have it in them)

I remember my avid love of Fieldcraft And Marksmanship and really want to be able to use said knowledge again... so airsoft seems to be a natural conclusion in any safe form.

Have got already purchased a sidearm, a G&G Xtreme 45. M1911, The weapon is beautiful feels real in weight and dead accurate with .30g BB's.

(used with targets in my big open field that a friend owns and gives me permission to use) and no problems at 100-150 foot. nice small groupings!

any ways im soon to go play my first skirmish in an outdoor set! (cannot wait thinking about it gets the adrenaline pumping!)

Any ways sure you'll be seeing me asking lots of questions and looking at rifles for sale, gonna get my games down and UKARA'ed and have loads of fun with what seems like an amazing community! (i remember paintballing being full of wanna be warriors!)

Any ways

See Ya In The Pit

-Yoshi

• Supporters

welcome to forum....

your 1911 is a sexy weapon but if it is CO2 powered it "might" be a tad too hot

most sites allow up to 350fps - some cqb allow only 328fps or 100m/sec

CO2 a lot of them punch well over - anywhere between 365 & 450fps !!!!!

soz to bring a possible bit of bad news - got a cheap 1911 co2 myself and love it

but too hot to use on its own - there are a few mods to reduce it though

slightly more softer pistols are Green Gas or propane or even less 200-240fps electric cyma pistols

just letting ya know in case you get told you can't use ya 1911 after it is put through chrono

hire or buy a cheapo 2 tone or clear G&G for ukara and all the other usual advice stuff for newcomers

(ffs avoid anything with BB in their names - again all this is usual advice to prevent you making bad decisions - like me)

Swindon Airsoft has a shop and a site. They may be willing to let you buy a gun and use it but not take it home until you sort out UKARA? Might be worth asking them.

Luck to say, no bad news! =]

was prepared to be told a big no-no when i take it in for a chrono, after the first few round (god i wouldnt wanna point them at some one and squeeze the trigger) (theres a youtube clip of a chrono of 970FPS if you get no leaks when changing tank. settles around the 340-370 on .25's but ill still be happy using this thing for marksmanship practise in the field, just spotted a few people saying .40's and adjusted hop works well (will they test on what weight id be firing or will they sling a few .20's down it as that would deffo be up to 400FPS again and a no-no?

May be worth getting a chrono myself for self testing purposes on kit ill soon get my hands on... as sure all know each website that sells gives a different FPS on every weapon ever!

Swindon Airsoft has a shop and a site. They may be willing to let you buy a gun and use it but not take it home until you sort out UKARA? Might be worth asking them.

that sounds like a brilliant idea im Trowbridge for those that know there UK geography of a bunch of sites near bristols only 30 miles away, warminsters 15mi, swindon 30mi so lots of choice to play!

• Supporters

pah - had 1600fps first time I used mine but soon settles at 425 ish after 3 or 4 shots

most guns punch about 320 - 340fps - this fps means jack if gun is setup badly

Tokyo Mauri punch at say 295 but no doubt they are one of best out there in general

chrono is just a rough ball park guide to try n ensure nobody is using stuff too powerful

or unfair advantage or more so safety too - stings a bit a close range sometimes

CO2's are nice but a little variation in fps often mainly over the 350 like i said :(

• Supporters

Chrono results are absolutely not a ballpark guide at most sites, they're often a very rigid stipulation in the site insurance!

The G&G extreme CO2 pistols I'm sad to say shoot far too hot to skirmish with, the lowest I've ever seen one chrono with a .20g BB is 380fps, well above the limit for any site in the UK. The fact that a fresh bulb puts out over 900fps is worrying and pretty much guarantees that no site is gonna let you use it.

• Supporters

will they test on what weight id be firing or will they sling a few .20's down it as that would deffo be up to 400FPS again and a no-no?

Chrono is normally done with a .20, though it's not really measuring the FPS of your gun, but the muzzle energy. A .20 going at 400fps has the same energy as a .30 doing 320fps. Using heavier ammo to reduce fps doesn't really work in real terms as while the muzzle velocity is definitely reduced, the muzzle energy remains constant; your slower moving .30g bb is actually more likely to cause injury than the fast moving .20 as a heavier bb retains it's energy in flight much better than a light one.

• Supporters

Chrono results are absolutely not a ballpark guide at most sites, they're often a very rigid stipulation in the site insurance!

The G&G extreme CO2 pistols I'm sad to say shoot far too hot to skirmish with, the lowest I've ever seen one chrono with a .20g BB is 380fps, well above the limit for any site in the UK. The fact that a fresh bulb puts out over 900fps is worrying and pretty much guarantees that no site is gonna let you use it.

yeah well I have been to two sites now that never chrono'd

and I am not saying chrono means fvck all - never said that at all

but was trying to explain in a round about way getting shot with a pi$$ poor 350 at 15m

may not hurt as much as say a 300 well tuned gun at same distance......

my site is absolutely $hit hot on chrono'ing and will not just allow you to scrape by if it is over

I thought they might allow a little but nope a 352 to 355 was not allowed to be used one time

I was trying to explain or elaborate that the fps is not the be all n end all many think it is that was all

yes sites have rules and limits AND should stick to them for all players safety, sometimes it sucks

like in my slightly slightly hot gun but $hit happens, no way would my lame ar$e src dragon have

out gunned or out ranged a TM high rate weapon for example

BUT I couldn't use it and yup it was a bollock ache trudging back to car to get even lamer gun but

I respected the marshall doing his job and could draw assurance that nobody else was gonna be

running hot guns either

but Dragon @ 355 Vs TM @ say 300 - yeah I don't think my £75 gun will own that £350 one

and TWA often give you their M4 mags to use in case anybody is trying to cheat chrono with

.25's or .30's etc.....

only when I visted a couple of others do I realise how strict TWA are on safety or how lapse others

may be - note only visted these 2 other sites the once so unfair if it was a one off glitch/fogot but

all the same I did say it was to ensure people run with similar powered guns to begin with

what happens after 10ft 20ft 30ft 40ft etc.... varies but at muzzle the chrono limit is 350fps usually

Both of ya some very insightful and helpful information!

will take for a test when i go on my first game knowing it most likely wont be allowed on but am curious of what it will come out and post what it clocks in at.

when the time comes for a rifle ill be looking at an AEG so wont have to worry about saftey limits and also how cold it is..

=]

Both of ya some very insightful and helpful information!

will take for a test when i go on my first game knowing it most likely wont be allowed on but am curious of what it will come out and post what it clocks in at.

when the time comes for a rifle ill be looking at an AEG so wont have to worry about saftey limits and also how cold it is..

=]

yeah, would be interesting to know because I am looking at getting one for the games with the mates in the garden I do. I'm fairly sure it will be over though...

yeah, would be interesting to know because I am looking at getting one for the games with the mates in the garden I do. I'm fairly sure it will be over though...

Either way it's a brilliant bit of kit feels good shoots like a dream and damn accurate!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.