Yawns Wants A Semi-Budget 'Rig'!

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Everyone!

So I am sick and tired of the discomforts caused by the rental webbings, They are litteraly in tatters.

Okay. Here we go.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-mini-mav-23019-1717-p.asp

Boom, That shall be the base of my setup.

All I need is a triple taco(?) So I can fit any mag type in there. as I have not yet decided on a gun to buy, Most likely an M4 variant. I've been temped by Tavors and FN 2000s, But they use M4 Mags, So no worries.

If they have pistol mag pouches ontop, even better.

Just design what you think will work out best for me <3

Budget? £40 at most, Not including the Mini MAV. Don't feel the need to scrape right up to it though, Cheaper=Better.

Thanks in advance <3

EDIT: Also, Tan/Coyote Brown is prefered :D

What do you need to carry? If it's just three mags the the tactical tailor tripple mag pouch is your best plan.

Condor do a triple with triple pistol pouches for £21, uk tactical are selling a lot of tan pouches for pretty good prices too.

Tell us what you need and we can build you a rig.

I'm a fan of the condor recon rig, for £40 you get everything in a nice package, but they sell out really quickly, 2 weeks I think they had them for last time.

Good places to look are military 1st and uk tactical, and tactical kit. Also keep an eye out on ebay.

• Supporters

Look on ebay for British Army battle belts. Belt rigs are the way forward imo, I can fit 8 rifle mags, a holster & pistol, 2 pistol mags, a grenade and dump pouch on mine.

Or swap all the rifle mags for pistol mags and carry 16 of them... I counted :3

They're generally about £30 + pouches. Might be able to get some with pouches included though. Also, make sure you get one with a yoke, there's no way I'd be able to stop mine falling down without it.

What do you need to carry? If it's just three mags the the tactical tailor tripple mag pouch is your best plan.

Condor do a triple with triple pistol pouches for £21, uk tactical are selling a lot of tan pouches for pretty good prices too.

Tell us what you need and we can build you a rig.

I'm a fan of the condor recon rig, for £40 you get everything in a nice package, but they sell out really quickly, 2 weeks I think they had them for last time.

Good places to look are military 1st and uk tactical, and tactical kit. Also keep an eye out on ebay.

Cheers, I'd want ~2 Taco-esque mag pouches, Just because they will fit most magazines. and a place for 2 bottles and/or a little bag.

The 2 bottles and a bag are for 1. Water Bottle, 2. Oasis bottle, Carrying most of my BBs, 3. Bag that BBs come in; as 2000 BBs sometimes won't fill an Oasis bottle if I have some left from last week.

Don't ask, it's a habit me and my mates have gotten into, Oasis bottles have such a wide opening its great for pouring and keeping BBs, If its a habit I need to get out of, i will.

Actually, I could just use a slim backpack with MOLLE 'strips' on the back, Then I can carry all sorts of crap w/o worrying, Also I can take my gear to the site in it (Face prot etc.)

Sorry, Most of that was me thinking out loud xD.

Look on ebay for British Army battle belts. Belt rigs are the way forward imo, I can fit 8 rifle mags, a holster & pistol, 2 pistol mags, a grenade and dump pouch on mine.

Or swap all the rifle mags for pistol mags and carry 16 of them... I counted :3

They're generally about £30 + pouches. Might be able to get some with pouches included though. Also, make sure you get one with a yoke, there's no way I'd be able to stop mine falling down without it.

Ooh, I might have both setups, Depends how much I can fit on the mini MAV.

Also, A question I always find myself asking, Does the 'Buckle' go at the front like a standard belt, If so, is it a pain to constantly turn around to retrieve magazines?

---

Thanks to both for your replies, We shall get there!

I'm also going to be buying the exact same rig as well as a WAS DCS plate carrier and was looking for a battle belt to go with them both.

I can't find Condor battle belts anywhere (in any colour), but I found a Bulldog one which includes a yoke too for ~ £35 or so (ukmcpro)

If you want taco pouches then there are Warrior ones, wouldn't recommend ACM clone tacos because they don't hold the magazines very securely.

Tactical Tailor stuff can be bought on eHobby Asia as well, so it's a bit cheaper but a lot longer wait. The shades of CB / OD etc vary depending on manufacturers so it's best to buy all the same brand.

• Supporters

Also, A question I always find myself asking, Does the 'Buckle' go at the front like a standard belt, If so, is it a pain to constantly turn around to retrieve magazines?

It does fasten in the middle at the front, yeah. But nothing's really behind you, for me is sort of sits on my hips, the only thing behind me is my dump pouch, but that's where I'd always have it anyway.

It's pretty handy having everything around your waist, and having to turn for things shouldn't really put you off, just get easily accessible pouches with open tops or simple lids, velcro or pop studs or something.

The only real downside for me is that with gas mags being as heavy as they are, it actually gets quite hard to run if I'm carrying all of them at once, and it puts a lot more weight on one side than the other.

Oh and, with it being a belt, being shot in CQB stings like a mofo... I generally wear the PC still for CQB lol.

I'm also going to be buying the exact same rig as well as a WAS DCS plate carrier and was looking for a battle belt to go with them both.

I can't find Condor battle belts anywhere (in any colour), but I found a Bulldog one which includes a yoke too for ~ £35 or so (ukmcpro)

If you want taco pouches then there are Warrior ones, wouldn't recommend ACM clone tacos because they don't hold the magazines very securely.

Tactical Tailor stuff can be bought on eHobby Asia as well, so it's a bit cheaper but a lot longer wait. The shades of CB / OD etc vary depending on manufacturers so it's best to buy all the same brand.

Good call on EHobby Asia, I'm not fussed about waits, I am part of a club, Rather then just showing up for skirmishes whenever, First 3 Thursdays of every month, I always order things over the '4th' thursday, So I know it will be ready for the 1st game of next month :D

It does fasten in the middle at the front, yeah. But nothing's really behind you, for me is sort of sits on my hips, the only thing behind me is my dump pouch, but that's where I'd always have it anyway.

It's pretty handy having everything around your waist, and having to turn for things shouldn't really put you off, just get easily accessible pouches with open tops or simple lids, velcro or pop studs or something.

The only real downside for me is that with gas mags being as heavy as they are, it actually gets quite hard to run if I'm carrying all of them at once, and it puts a lot more weight on one side than the other.

Oh and, with it being a belt, being shot in CQB stings like a mofo... I generally wear the PC still for CQB lol.

Cheers, Will it be tight/attach to belt loops on trousers? I'd rather not run while it slips down to my knees to such a point where I resemble a disabled T-Rex. I think I will go for a belt rig, As It offers more MOLLE space for things like spare pouches and bottle-sized pouches. 3 games in a row now I've spotted a mates scrim-net, BB bag etc.

I'd be tempted to buy an AEG and a pistol at once, Seens as then I'd have a complete loadout, In place of a half-completed 'Empty-pouch' filled dissapointment gettabout.

I like the sound of a WE glock 17, You have one I recall Ed, Thoughts?

Don't want to hijack the thread but have just stumbled across this and you have saved me. But also cursed me to spend more money 😜

I now plan in getting both the mini mav and a belt rig. This is to become my recon rig.

I will put blue force gear 417 pouches in the front of the mav, and have 1 pistol on the belt, with a dump pouch and little utility ooh for bbs, and then 4 pistol mags.

My other pistol will be tan in a drop leg holster.

This means my other loudout can be used for just my m4, and I can still wear a paca underneath the mav invade of welts. Also I may add to it and put my mp5 mags on there somewhere

• Supporters

Cheers, Will it be tight/attach to belt loops on trousers? I'd rather not run while it slips down to my knees to such a point where I resemble a disabled T-Rex. I think I will go for a belt rig, As It offers more MOLLE space for things like spare pouches and bottle-sized pouches. 3 games in a row now I've spotted a mates scrim-net, BB bag etc.

I'd be tempted to buy an AEG and a pistol at once, Seens as then I'd have a complete loadout, In place of a half-completed 'Empty-pouch' filled dissapointment gettabout.

I like the sound of a WE glock 17, You have one I recall Ed, Thoughts?

It doesn't attach the loops on trousers, it's not really that sort of belt. You can get a yoke though, or a harness, kinda like old style braces to hold it up so it doesn't fall down. Mentioned it in my first post.

I can heartily recommend the WE Glock 17

Don't want to hijack the thread but have just stumbled across this and you have saved me. But also cursed me to spend more money

I now plan in getting both the mini mav and a belt rig. This is to become my recon rig.

I will put blue force gear 417 pouches in the front of the mav, and have 1 pistol on the belt, with a dump pouch and little utility ooh for bbs, and then 4 pistol mags.

My other pistol will be tan in a drop leg holster.

This means my other loudout can be used for just my m4, and I can still wear a paca underneath the mav invade of welts. Also I may add to it and put my mp5 mags on there somewhere

Bloody hell, If we all get a Mini MAV there won't be one left for me ;D

I kid. It seems like a great rig as it is so small it fits my youthful figure ;o

It doesn't attach the loops on trousers, it's not really that sort of belt. You can get a yoke though, or a harness, kinda like old style braces to hold it up so it doesn't fall down. Mentioned it in my first post.

I can heartily recommend the WE Glock 17

Brilliant. Hang on, I'm just going to research yokes, Mind you - I despise the concept of eggs, I hate the damn things, Yolk, Yoke?

You see why I have my doubts ;)

• Supporters

Hmm, there's a chance it could be spelt "yolk" not sure if I'm just having a blond moment.

The belts are sold with them fairly often, you shouldn't need to buy one as an additional thing, I got one with mine anyway.

GTFO though, eggs are fucking amazing.

Hmm, there's a chance it could be spelt "yolk" not sure if I'm just having a blond moment.

The belts are sold with them fairly often, you shouldn't need to buy one as an additional thing, I got one with mine anyway.

GTFO though, eggs are f*cking amazing.

Aight. D'you reckon this is good? Also, Note that there is an excess of strap behind it, Presumably a yoke yolk?

Also - Nah your alright ;D

• Supporters

That'd do the job fine I'd have thought, looks like it might actually have more molle real estate than the issued one does.

That excess strappage looks to be more excess strap for monstrously fat people than a yoke though.

• Supporters

Ooooo I need one of the top items. Pretty simple, would work if I ever go ahead with my polarstar plan. 2 mid caps and 2 high caps, perhaps 1 more mid tho cos I effing hate winding up a hicap

But... But... But...

Its not tan ;(

I digress, It looks nice; yes.

These sentences rhyme, I confess.

Bless - In scotland there is the loch ness.

Sorry.

Is there one in Tan?

The absolute cheapest option is P58 webbing (think Falklands era)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-set-British-Army-issue-58-pattern-webbing-/251613814679?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item3a955a1f97

usually a tenner will get you a full set and you can then customise to your needs.

I presume that if you wanted to change the colour then Blanco would work?

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/SearchResults.aspx?s=blanco&cat=0

• Supporters

Is there one in Tan?

Nay, the issue ones only come in MTP.

There'll likely be some tan ones made by other companies though, but I don't know much about them. My geardo knowledge extends as far as British issue stuff, and not much beyond lol.

The absolute cheapest option is P58 webbing (think Falklands era)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-set-British-Army-issue-58-pattern-webbing-/251613814679?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item3a955a1f97

usually a tenner will get you a full set and you can then customise to your needs.

The word 'Webbing' sends shivers through me.

I think I'll keep the Mini MAV concept,

Thanks for the idea though, Seems like a nice cheap place to start an 'older' loadout :D

Nay, the issue ones only come in MTP.

There'll likely be some tan ones made by other companies though, but I don't know much about them. My geardo knowledge extends as far as British issue stuff, and not much beyond lol.

Well I'm in a tough spot then.

Between you and me; and everyone else reading this. My parents don't want my walking around looking like a soldier, They despise fighting and would pull the plug on airsoft if I were to go about looking like the real deal. Hence why I'm sticking to a 'PMC' loadout. Shirt, Jeans, Tan Rig.

That being said, I don't get how they don't mind me getting guns. Don't want to quiz them on it incase they change their minds ;D

I know Condor Outdoor do Belt Rigs, And I hear little complaints about them. Provided they are >£30, What could go wrong?

• Supporters

I have no issue with buying cheap kit, I think there's a lot of difference between cheap guns, and cheap gear.

Cheap guns can definitely be huge, steaming piles of wank. But cheap kit... It just holds your mags... So long as it doesn't unstitch itself by magic, who the hell cares? I have a Viper rig that cost me £35, had it for 4 years and you wouldn't even know it'd been used.

Keep it cheap and cheerful where you can if you're not trying to copy a specific look, I doubt playing airsoft is going to be a hardcore enough activity to cause cheaper gear to combust or anything.

I have no issue with buying cheap kit, I think there's a lot of difference between cheap guns, and cheap gear.

Cheap guns can definitely be huge, steaming piles of wank. But cheap kit... It just holds your mags... So long as it doesn't unstitch itself by magic, who the hell cares? I have a Viper rig that cost me £35, had it for 4 years and you wouldn't even know it'd been used.

Keep it cheap and cheerful where you can if you're not trying to copy a specific look, I doubt playing airsoft is going to be a hardcore enough activity to cause cheaper gear to combust or anything.

Ed!

I call upon your help again!

I need a cheap, Slim, Small tan backpack. If it has the MOLLE things on the back, even better.

I can use it to put water bottles, A hydration bladder(?) spare BBs etc, Just a dump pouch but less 'temporary storage'

This way I'm not using valuable space on my rig to hold bottles.

Thanks again for all this help, Your a legend.

• Supporters

I honestly know nothing about backpacks/rucksacks. I've been wanting one myself for ages, but I've no idea what features to look for or anything.

There have got to be people on here who know more about gear than me, my knowledge is exceptionally limited.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.