The team flex help thread!

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As my good friend team flex has lots of questions. I have decided to post this so he can ask questions here and you can help him. Sorry if anyone finds this patronising. I just think this is a good idea.

customs is tricky, it depends what it is, where its come from, what its worth, who its going to. theres no answer as really as its up to the customs officer but it can be a few days to like a month

eeeeeeeh uh....

you serious? you aint.

firstly, why would YOU create a thread like this, surely if anything it should be flex that creates one... unless this is some kind of sarcasm, in that case: not cool.

secondly, it is counter productive to everything a forum is. Threads have relevant titles so people with knowledge on the topics can find and answer, and so that people looking for an answer can find an answer to an already answered questions. And if everyone had their own threads.. firstly I think people would stop reading and answering them. Same questions would be asked over and over and over (I am aware this is the case with "first gun" threads.. but that's quite natural)..

and finally, and extract from the forums rules:

• Use descriptive titles for new threads
Posting a thread/topic with the title "Look here!", or "Please help", will not attract the attention of the users. If you use titles like "JG G36C gearbox problem", or "New gun from ICS!", more people will view your post will know what they are about look at. Do not post titles in ALL CAPS, do not post misleading titles.

customs is tricky, it depends what it is, where its come from, what its worth, who its going to. theres no answer as really as its up to the customs officer but it can be a few days to like a month

400 posts

USA- evike. worth $750. To me (or legally my father). Also would I get charged %25 import so would be around $200 import. also (it would be a little bit less money with a bonus added) however does postage come into import as well?

eeeeeeeh uh....

you serious? you aint.

firstly, why would YOU create a thread like this, surely if anything it should be flex that creates one... unless this is some kind of sarcasm, in that case: not cool.

secondly, it is counter productive to everything a forum is. Threads have relevant titles so people with knowledge on the topics can find and answer, and so that people looking for an answer can find an answer to an already answered questions. And if everyone had their own threads.. firstly I think people would stop reading and answering them. Same questions would be asked over and over and over (I am aware this is the case with "first gun" threads.. but that's quite natural)..

and finally, and extract from the forums rules:

I honestly don't mind that he made this thread, I reckon it could be of great help to me and perhaps other people... I actually do have a ton of questions but didn't really know how to ask them in a way that wouldn't count as spamming.

Sorry, had no idea about The thread as I hadnt seen it. Anyway, I'm not sure whether to post in it or use thread. Anyway, what would be your choice.

A, buy a full metal G&P polarstar from evike or buy a Fusion engine from the Grange? I reckon I can get the evike one cheaper, HOWEVER IT IS JUST A THOUGHT!

Who cares whether he made it himself? If he has lots of questions then this is a good idea.

Customs wise, it can be as little as a few hours, or it could be a long wait. You then have to wait for the courier to send you a bill for any fees, duty and tax. Then they will deliver once that is paid.

ok, so basically if I order it will go through customs. Perhaps I will get an email but no bill. Then when the courier finally lay their hands on it they send me the bill for tax =%20 and duty which is how much? And finally a bill for them because they did f*ck all but need some cash and thats how they're going to get it. what is the time span for paying this before they destroy it?

If customs decides to charge you tax and/or duty the courier will pay it and charge you a fee for doing it. They will then send you a bill for this amount and deliver it when the bill is paid.

ah ok. so how much would the duty be? and what is the percentage that I would get charged if I ordered a polarstar from evike? thanks for your help?

VAT - 20%

Import Duty is 5%

Courier charge would probably be around £5 up to £10.

IIRC you need to pay VAT + import duty if it costs over £50 or so. That's why if it's something relatively cheap you don't get charged any extra.

Example I remember is when I was looking at how much a KWA RM4 ERG would be.

They're £330 from Land Warrior Airsoft but only $380-ish (£225) from eHobby Asia.

But...

once you add on shipping (£40)

tax (£50)

duty (£12.50)

other charge (£10)

Isn't worth it. That's not to say getting a P* from the US won't be though. Depends on what it is, because someone on here (sorry I always forget who) bought a GHK G5 and 6 mags for the price of a G5 plus ONE mag in the UK (from eHobby Asia)

I reckon I can get a G&P polarstar for the same price as a Fusion engine from the Grange if I buy off of evike. And that is a full metal with G&P internals just with the Fusion engine installed. It will be ambitious but hopefully not rubbish

Another question from the chief noob, if I were to use either.28 or

.30 gram BBs which midcap would be the best in terms of high rof shooting for a polarstar. And also which BBs would you recommend between the two different weights

Another question from the chief noob, if I were to use either.28 or

.30 gram BBs which midcap would be the best in terms of high rof shooting for a polarstar. And also which BBs would you recommend between the two different weights

finius, that would be a really good idea IMO if you pinned the quick questions and re-lit that thread. It would be helpful to everyone I reckon.

Also, does anyone know the answer to my question in terms of high ROF midcaps and midcaps that can feed .30 gram bbs. Also what is the difference in accuracy between .28 and .30 and is it worth it?

a midcap makes zero difference to ROF, if you are planning on going full auto then why not hicap?
The weight of BB has zero to do with ROF either, it will only influence FPS and accuracy.

The only way you can effect rate of fire on a polarstar is by changing the piston or the valves

no different from an AEG then, if you run midcaps in an AEG it'll be fine, if you run 10 hicaps each round then it'll be lacking

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.