How do you carry your sidearm? :)

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Here's one for the brandname snobs amongst us...

$_57.JPG

...note the position of the top strap in relation to the centre of gravity of any pistol it might hold

and the lack of elastic. Made by your friend and mine, Web-tex :lol: available here for £21.49 posted, but probably cheaper elsewhere. Worth checking alibaba.com for the platform type and this type also. I bought a USP SERPA from there for about £8 and it's great.

• Supporters

Drop leg that that's been sewn and has hardly any movement now fits me perfectly before it practically flew around

How did you stitch it? Got any pics?

• Supporters

Two custom kydex holsters (made by me using the vac bag technique) one each for my Mk23 Socom and Glock 18C AEP, they are attached either to a Blackhawk clone molle adapter on my chest (just the glock) at 45 degrees. Or the Mk23 mostly goes on the IMI drop belt loop which drops it about 10 to 15 cm from my belt where it is too high slightly down my leg. This mounts the pistol with the sights vertical.

• Supporters

made by me using the vac bag technique

The what now?

Sounds easier than using a press

I'm not sure what's hard about the press version. lol

Took me all of 30 minutes to knock up the press, works excellently. You can even get b and q to cut the wood for you...

• Supporters

Mainly it was what I had to hand at the time, the holster isn't as defined as the press ones but it holds the gun really well so I really couldn't care too much that is doesn't look as pro as some out there. It was also the first two I made. I needed the holsters quick, and didn't have time to make a press. I didn't have a diy place close to me and no materials to make the press. excuses I know but I will probably make a press in the future for a second attempt.

The method is really easy, take one of those large vacuum bags they sell in Wilko's for like £10 a pair, make sure it is big enough to hold the gun kydex and a couple of tea towels. Treat the gun and kydex exactly like you would for the press, wrap in a couple of tea towels then place in vac bag, seal and suck out air. Its a crude vacuum forming technique. If you are careful the bag will last ages, I've since used it to move house and it now stores my skiing kit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.