What was your first ever airsoft weapon?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First one I ever bought was years and years ago, probably mid in the mid 1980s. I've still got it on the wall. i bought it from an now long-gone model shop in Manchester. It is a kit-built (Japanese I think) springer Vietnam War-era Colt AR-15 with a solid full stock, quite a good model of the real thing actually, it has the correct Colt markings on it, serial number and all that stuff. None of that orange tip nonsense in those days, it looks like the real thing cos I spent a long time on painting metallic wear and tear on it. I've got a few others like it that are also on the wall, Drum Mag Thompsons, AKs etc, but that AR-15 was the first one.

A&K Masada. Didn't like it much since it was at the time way too heavy for me and the hop unit was awful, so I didn't have much range.

Still, that was the gun that I learn loads about gearboxes on, and just as well, since the internals in it were lacking to say the least.

Haven't been bothered to fix a gearbox jam that happened late last year due to new purchases, but nice to reminisce over as it gave me some pretty fun days airsofting.

• Supporters

First ever airsoft gun was a TM M8000 spring pistol, £35 from antics in plymouth. No VCRA or any shit back then so I went in and bought it with cash at the ripe old age of 15! The amount of times I shot my mates in public places with that thing... once had a running gun battle with 2 friends on the platform of Saltash train station, no eye protection at all it's a wonder none of us got hurt or arrested!

My first ever was a shitty Double Eagle G36 AEG, about 4 years ago. i thought it was the bee's knees at the time, but I came to see the light when I bought a CYMA MP5 the year after. Since then it's been plain sailing.

Some random branded full metal MP7 that decided to just die halfway through a CQB game, ended up getting shot to hell with nothing to shoot back with.

Cyma, cm-028s, never used it with the stock extended. Was an ok starter gun for the time.

• 2 months later...

First ever airsoft gun was a TM M8000 spring pistol, £35 from antics in plymouth. No VCRA or any sh*t back then so I went in and bought it with cash at the ripe old age of 15! The amount of times I shot my mates in public places with that thing... once had a running gun battle with 2 friends on the platform of Saltash train station, no eye protection at all it's a wonder none of us got hurt or arrested!

Sorry to revive the thread but is the shop antics online, this:

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk

My first BB gun was a little plastic pump action shotgun, I bought from the factory shop (It would be classified as a RIF now lol!) when I was about 8....

Anyone remember the grenade cases the BB's came in from the factory shop? :)

• Supporters

back in the "old" days (20 years ago) me and my brother used to have an ongoing bb gun arms race.

i don't recall my first gun, but i did have mainly springers (i think they may have been tamyia or TM), P226, "robocop gun", spas 12 (the one with a 60rd mag in the cartridge tube, either single shot or tri-shot), then a gas NBB D-eagle .... then finally back in 1998 i bought my TM MP5K Kurz :wub:

i still have them B)

but when i did get into airsoft (over 2 years ago now) ... G&G CM16 DST B)

• Supporters

back in the "old" days (20 years ago) me and my brother used to have an ongoing bb gun arms race.

i don't recall my first gun, but i did have mainly springers (i think they may have been tamyia or TM), P226, "robocop gun", spas 12 (the one with a 60rd mag in the cartridge tube, either single shot or tri-shot), then a gas NBB D-eagle .... then finally back in 1998 i bought my TM MP5K Kurz :wub:

i still have them B)

but when i did get into airsoft (over 2 years ago now) ... G&G CM16 DST B)

If you still have the Robocop gun they're quite sought after so their S/H value has gone up!

My first BB gun was a little plastic pump action shotgun, I bought from the factory shop (It would be classified as a RIF now lol!) when I was about 8....

Anyone remember the grenade cases the BB's came in from the factory shop? :)

You can still get them.

(The grenade cases)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.