What was your first ever airsoft weapon?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

TM AK47S Ex rental.

Memory is spotty on it,but It was in very rough shape. Stock broken off,receiver cracked,handguards held on with tape,shit ton of screws missing,no sights,etc..

used it for about a year until I blew up the fuse(Somehow) decided I got enough use out of it and threw it in a bin.

Was a nice enough gun. Being in Ireland TM are just about the best thing bar upgraded guns since they're noticeably better at 1J than a lot of other stock guns

Replaced that with a CYMA M4 CQBR than I had for a few months before I had to return it because it,well,disintegrated and was a massive lemon in general. Then got a TM VSR and here I am now.

My first gun was a Classic Army MP5K PDW. Bought it probably about 3 years ago. Lost the screws for the stock :( so it's basically just a normal MP5K now (but without a sling swivel) Was contemplating keeping it and upgrading it but not sure as I would really like a G&G MP5A4.

Second gun was a Cybergun BW-15 M4 CQB-R (made by CYMA) I honestly hate it and it was a stupid decision! >:-( wish I'd have got a G&G instead.

Wish I had not bought another gun at all and just saved my money. I thought it would be a good idea to get an M4 because you can upgrade them a lot but it turns out the thing feels and looks pretty horrible, the RIS is cheap and wobbly, and there are hardly any metal parts on the rifle at all. Oh and it uses old Tokyo Marui designs so the delta ring and barrel design and stuff is completely different to newer models or something - so you can't put real steel parts or Magpul PTS, or even just other manufacturers handguards on it. The barrel is not threaded so you can't put a different flash hider or suppressor on. I bought a Magpul PTS stock and it wobbles loads.

If you mean my very very first airsoft gun it was supposed to be a spring Colt 1911 sort of thing (except it looked like a dodgy Hi-Capa) replaced that with a clear spring GSG 92.

Showing my age but . . . . . A LS M655 kit (basically a M16A2 fixed stock carbine) around 1984, cost £25. All ABS plastic, glue and screw together, spring cocking, no hop, prob 180fps tops! Bought from my local model shop when I was 14 and "RIF" and 2 tone wasn't even thought of!

First proper gun was a TM MP5K PDW around 1990.

Not to sure on the make but I believe it was CYMA as it was full metal. An AK47 AEG for £50 at a bootsale brand new. (this was pre-VCRA). It was either that or a Double Eagle g36c I paid £20 for, memory isn't too hot! The first "proper" gun I got was a JG bar 10 :)

Edit: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17250-what-was-your-first-airsoft-gun-would-you-ever-sell-it/

• Supporters

My first ever airsoft gun I got when I was about 7, it was a spring copy of some weird Sig design that looked a bit like a Walther PPK or a Makarov. It was so easy to cock that I thought it was broken, and it was so shit that I was never sure it even worked lol.

It used to fire less than a foot and BBs could literally come out of the barrel at 90°

So I tend to discount it... I got a spring P228 when I was about 13, it was actually pretty good tbh, cost about £30, ejection port opened and everything. I ended up with 4 or 5 spring pistols along the same line, including an M9, a Desert Eagle, a S&W M1911 type thing, and a USP that actually had a slide lock feature lol.

Still got the Desert Eagle lol, still works. It's actually not that bad either.

Also had a spring Uzi, which I also still have, and I had a spring M16, which was just crap in every sense of the word.

The first airsoft gun that I would actually consider an airsoft gun - because when I got all the ones mentioned above, I didn't know what airsoft was, I just bought the guns because they were guns - was a WE M16A3 GBBR, one of the old closed bolt ones. My first ever post on this forum was actually asking about gas rifles, they're why I got into airsoft lol. Found some videos on YouTube, decided I needed one in my life, played airsoft as my means to get one, got one, realised airsoft was awesome in the process, and here I am.

Incidentally, I recommend no one ever buying a GBBR as their first gun...

My first was a spring Taurus pt92 m9. Even today it is the most reliable and solid feeling weapon I have. I'll never sell it.

My first airsoft weapon was a Tokyo Marui MC51 imported from Japan in about 1997(ish)... and I still use it today and it still works fine, despite the abuse the poor girl has had (lots of gears and several motors... but that is another story!)

i had 2 springer pistols, some galaxy thing that actually has a very strong spring and shoots well even without a hop(ive used it in airsoft and gotten kills... and another thats like a glock but lower powered than the galaxy one despite having mag lock etc... just gave it away, lol... think i still managed to get a couple of kills with that too...

my first reall airsoft gun was my king arms 1928 Chicago Thompson typewriter machine gun... what can i say im a classy guy...

When I was 10: a cheap two tone red/black m9/m1911 hybrid spring pistol I got off Skeggy market for £5. Used to use it playing in the streets wih my mates who had some as well before we even thought about the concept of eye protection or whether what we were doing was legal - just being kids.

First airsoft gun: a cheap Double Eagle trishot shotgun in two tone orange/black which I ended up selling to a friend. I really enjoyed it but I wanted a rifle, ironic really since I've gone back to shotguns/single shot rifles now.

Can't quite remember which I got first, it was either my KSC USP Compact or TM MP7.

A Second Hand G&G EBB M4, I was told it only needed a new fuse and your good to go. hunted high and low across the entire of Manchester to find a 20a mini radio fuse, ended up ordering one from T'internet, charged the battery up, plugged it in, ready to soot and ..... click, click, click flippin gearbox was jammed! So I had a crash course in learning to fix gearboxes before I had even fired an AEG. Still a good little gun, currently being transformed into a SR25.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.