I seem to have ballsed up.

Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

After receiving my PDW, I wanted to change the pistol grip as it was quite wobbly.

I removed the heat plate, tried to unplug the wires from the motor, snap. Previous owner had welded one of the wires to the motor and I accidentally broke the weld. So now I only have one wire.

I could replace the gearbox, but my Dboys PDW gearbox looks slightly different. It's like a V2, but there are cogs on both sides that enable it to have ambidextrous firing switches, and I'm worried that a normal V2 gearbox won't fit.

You would have to remove the soldering to get the motor out anyway so it's no big loss. Grab a soldering iron and undo the other connection,and take out the motor to continue on with the grip replacement. Unless I'm mistaken and the whole wire has come out of the gun

• Supporters

You would have to remove the soldering to get the motor out anyway so it's no big loss. Grab a soldering iron and undo the other connection,and take out the motor to continue on with the grip replacement. Unless I'm mistaken and the whole wire has come out of the gun

It's the two wires that are connected to the bottom of the motor, previous owner had welded one of them to the motor.

Ah,then that's no big deal. You will have to undo the other to get it out anyway. For re-installation you will have to solder them again or grab some spade connectors. It might even have some connectors on it but some ACM brands like to solder wires on to save pennies/get a better connection.

If you don't have a solder and need a cheap one I can say this would do the job http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111281635379?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought one for doing some small electrical work and its easy peasy and even comes with a booklet on how to do it. If you don't do it right you can just keep trying.

Meh I don't recommend a cheap iron... Before you know it they are incredibly useful and can be used to fix pretty much all electrical problems you have!

Get the antex sx25 at £20 from CPC, a pcb holder (trust me), 60/40 sodder (no lead is rubbish) and some flux ... Flux is very useful to splice wire, makes everything easy. A cheap £30 investment will last you years!

As for the job get some 16/18 AWG silver wiring .. Theyre £1 a meter where I buy them for 16awg so you can give your electrical connection a mega upgrade ;)

Soldering it onto the motor is best but i use CPC's spade connectors and crimp + solder the connector on just because I remove the motor a lot anyway - the difference is minuscule.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.