Nice quote from "No Easy Day" author

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

From his webpage where there is a collection of responses to question on his instagram account:

Why do you follow so many airsoft enthusiasts on Instagram?

‘’I think it’s fun! It trips me out that there are so many people out there that all dress up and play Airsoft with such badass kit!!! I wish I could have afforded that expensive stuff before I got in. At least I got all my shit for free,,,,,, just had to pass BUDS first’’

Nice to see that not ALL serving/ex soldiers think we're a bunch of walting dicks.

(I do realise we have several ex and or serving members here and no disrespect to any of you, just that this was a nice quote from a very high profile person in the SF community).

Walting Dicks? Nah

Civvie Scum? Yep ..... ;p

(For those in doubt that was a joke and not in anyway serious....maybe)

• Supporters

It amuses me though that places like OAF seem almost entirely populated by (mostly) US grunts that see any airsofter as a soft target for abuse. If any airsofter dares to post and they find pictures of him/her on their feed they get ripped to shreds and yet here we have a guy that was a member of the raid to get Bin Laden and he thinks (rightly) that it's all good fun.

Equally on one of the FB airsoft pages (UK based) someone posted a picture of a "Taliban Hunters Club" morale patch they'd just bought and he immediately got torn off a strip about how he shouldn't wear it because he didn't "earn it". The last post I saw was from an 18 year ex serviceman suggesting that everyone just calm the fuck down because it's not like a rank or unit insignia and that seeing as troops are no longer allowed to wear patches of that ilk in the field it's largely academic! I find it bizarre that someone should get that level of dressing down for not "earning" a morale patch that soldiers aren't even allowed to wear anymore. Tactical Beard Owners Club will accept airsofting as valid cause for membership so why the butthurt over this?

Who knows, you get cretins in every walk of life incl the military.

What is OAF by the way?

Theres a fine line and that line moves around depending on whose drawing it.

Some of the military guys get a bit uptight but who knows what theyve seen.

Similarly some airsoft players seem to blur fact and. fiction and. take dressing up a little too seriously.

exactly, if someone wants to wear a badge or beret of their choosing cos they like it and arent trying to be a WALT then i say crack on cos its only abit of fun for them. you dont have a go at 7 year olds for playing army wrong do you

• Supporters

TBOC accept airsoft as a reason for membership? Whaaaa'?!

Brb, gettin' mah patch.

• Supporters

My point precisely! The morale patch in question was nothing official, not affiliated with anything other than "people who have served in Afghanistan". Some of the responses he got were spectacularly disproportionate in my view:

Li

Actually in the thread in question, there are lots of ex service people who couldn't care less and have said so. Most said its just a game so no problem. Mostly its the minority that object.

What is it they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

• Supporters

Actually in the thread in question, there are lots of ex service people who couldn't care less and have said so. Most said its just a game so no problem. Mostly its the minority that object.

What is it they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

There is that one guy (wounded ex serviceman) that stops just short of threatening him though. Basically insisted that he can't wear it and if he did he'd be in trouble if any ex servicemen caught him. FFS.

• Supporters

There is that one guy (wounded ex serviceman) that stops just short of threatening him though. Basically insisted that he can't wear it and if he did he'd be in trouble if any ex servicemen caught him. FFS.

Yeah, sounds like the sort of mong who supports Britain First even though they're basically Nazis. Lots of thick yobbos in the forces, unfortunately. No disrespect to those who aren't, of course. But there's no denying it really. They join up through some misguided sense of patriotism, when really their ideals are anything but.

Yeah, sounds like the sort of mong who supports Britain First even though they're basically Nazis. Lots of thick yobbos in the forces, unfortunately. No disrespect to those who aren't, of course. But there's no denying it really. They join up through some misguided sense of patriotism, when really their ideals are anything but.

It's a bit of a shame we can't replace all the mongs with jcheese :P

I have found that the lowest on the hierarchy are the ones that shout the loudest about those appearing to "act up". the non paras who scream and fuss about wearing a beret, or the privates complaining about rank. Those that are higher up the chain seem to take a less serious view and are a lot more relaxed about some things.

Arn't the guys at firesuport both ex forces, and look at them, they almost run the British airsoft industry.

I have found that the lowest on the hierarchy are the ones that shout the loudest about those appearing to "act up". the non paras who scream and fuss about wearing a beret, or the privates complaining about rank. Those that are higher up the chain seem to take a less serious view and are a lot more relaxed about some things.

Arn't the guys at firesuport both ex forces, and look at them, they almost run the British airsoft industry.

I know that they have 1 ex memebr of HM Forces on staff, not sure what his role is though

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.