another mosfet question ump

MrEnDo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mosfet help think about doing this to my G and G ump currently there is no inline fuse g and g don't fit them by default to this gun so i want one that acts like a fuse and thinking on switching to lipo 7.4 what does people run / recommend and where to buy...

cheers

ok then you are right in getting a mosfet to run a Lipo battery but you could the gearbox to cycle without it !

but enyway get your mosfet but be aware that some are merely burst fire gimmics so reserch on youtube what otheres are using

• Supporters

Mosfet help think about doing this to my G and G ump currently there is no inline fuse g and g don't fit them by default to this gun so i want one that acts like a fuse and thinking on switching to lipo 7.4 what does people run / recommend and where to buy...

cheers

If you're just going to be using 7.4v LiPo then a MOSFET isn't required, your trigger contacts won't wear down any quicker than they would with an 8.4v NiMh. However, you'll see benefits in rate of fire and trigger response if you do fit one. The UMP is pretty tight for space so I'd recommend something small, the Gate PICO SSR is pretty tiny and will do the job nicely : http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gate-electronics-mosfet-switch-picossr-2

You'll need to take your gearbox to bits to fit it properly though, not sure if that's an issue but if it is there are plenty of people round your neck of the woods who will do it for a reasonable fee.

ok then you are right in getting a mosfet to run a Lipo battery but you could the gearbox to cycle without it !

but enyway get your mosfet but be aware that some are merely burst fire gimmics so reserch on youtube what otheres are using

cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg

Cheers for your replys I'll look into that one James.

Cheers Baz that good to hear... have you moved yours to deans?

What lipo did you use as I'm unsure which one would fit...size would be good... What voltage / ampage as well

For lipos search hobby king or component shop... Measure your internal battery space and go from there

For mosfets I recommend small companies or private MOSFET builders, I buy the HamsterFet, does everything I want and even has a self resetting fuse! If it's a private seller they get proper stress tests and QC tests, the same as the more expensive mosfets.

For lipos search hobby king or component shop... Measure your internal battery space and go from there

For mosfets I recommend small companies or private MOSFET builders, I buy the HamsterFet, does everything I want and even has a self resetting fuse! If it's a private seller they get proper stress tests and QC tests, the same as the more expensive mosfets.

I just fitted one of these. Super easy to wire up, you just need to know how to put your gearbox back together.

You guys have a link??? I worked on gearboxs do you gave to strip it all out to fit or can you leave everything in situ.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hamsterfet

You really don't seem competent enough to do a simple solder job. Get a tech to install one for you.

Not really helpful the only page i found looked a bit iffy hence why I asked the question for the link.

As per your second comment how has that got anything to do with my soldering skill which is fine btw.... I was simply asking as most videos you see the box stripped.

Not really helpful the only page i found looked a bit iffy hence why I asked the question for the link.

As per your second comment how has that got anything to do with my soldering skill which is fine btw.... I was simply asking as most videos you see the box stripped.

I'm not sure what you wanted a link to :s

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/hamsterfet-mosfet-kit

You guys have a link??? I worked on gearboxs do you gave to strip it all out to fit or can you leave everything in situ.

What does this even say?

Agree Trojan that don't make much sense.. I was asking for a link to the mosfet and whether I got to strip the whole gearbox... now I got both answers... sorry for any misunderstanding.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.